Do You Live In A Thai Village Full Time

macb

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^yes and my idea of hell would be living in bkk/patts but each to their own eh?

Pattaya is a shithole.

20,000 prostitutes. Open sewers. Filthy beach. No Culture The scum of the western world . German and Russian mafia, Brit and Irish scumbags.

Good for old fat sex tourists who want to shag uneducated farm girls.

That’s it ..............wai.gif

• Like 1

Pattaya is a shithole.

20,000 prostitutes. Open sewers. Filthy beach. No Culture The scum of the western world . German and Russian mafia, Brit and Irish scumbags.

Then they marry them, buy land the family already own, build a farang masion and move to the back of beyond

Its life Sochai, just not as we know it.

Yes scum of the western world, lets not forget also, the rejects of Thai society, bottom feeders.

• Like 1

Last week I made some belly porkinto Honey and mustard bacon.

The biggest problem I have is slicing it thin enough but whatever it still tastes great.

This is about 3 kg worth.

attachicon.gifDSCF3123.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3122.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3124.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3125.JPG

attachicon.gifBacon-honey mustard cure.doc

offtopic.gif

i know you can buy the hand operated meat slicers in the ubon area, not sure which area you are from

but i would think they are available more areas..

scotty

I live in the sticks and easily get most of what I want. Thirty minutes away is the provincial town with a mall, Macro, Tesco and Big C. The Western food I can't buy locally is brought to me from Pattaya. I don't like towns, but like to have one nearby. You must be well out in the sticks to have no such availability.

Villages can be as dirty and deprived as cities but at least you can get around without sitting in a jam for ages. The sunrise and sun set over the palm trees is much better for me than breathing smog all day and night .

• Like 1

I live in the sticks and easily get most of what I want. Thirty minutes away is the provincial town with a mall, Macro, Tesco and Big C. The Western food I can't buy locally is brought to me from Pattaya. I don't like towns, but like to have one nearby. You must be well out in the sticks to have no such availability.

Villages can be as dirty and deprived as cities but at least you can get around without sitting in a jam for ages. The sunrise and sun set over the palm trees is much better for me than breathing smog all day and night .

I live 65 km southwest of Khampaeng Phet on the edge of the Mae Wong national park and around 45 to 50 minutes drive. It is only in the last 3 or 4 years KPP has had a Makro and a BigC and before that I had a 1 1/2 hour 125 km each way journey to Nakhon Sawan. Even now I only go to KPP about once a month for a bulk shop. If I get to BKK, CM or Pattaya I tend to buy things that are virtually impossible for me to get up here.

The alternative would be to sell up and move to a city but, Morden I am like you. I hate cities. Up here I have hills front and back, fresh air, 3 markets plus the daily one per week and no traffic jams. The main drawback is power outages are regular but not for long and the water supply from the local government stopped yesterday and will be out for some time.

• Like 1

Last week I made some belly porkinto Honey and mustard bacon.

The biggest problem I have is slicing it thin enough but whatever it still tastes great.

This is about 3 kg worth.

attachicon.gifDSCF3123.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3122.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3124.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3125.JPG

attachicon.gifBacon-honey mustard cure.doc

offtopic.gif

i know you can buy the hand operated meat slicers in the ubon area, not sure which area you are from

but i would think they are available more areas..

scotty

I keep looking but have only found the electric ones so far. Verasu has some at just over 5,000 baht and Makro has some at over 10k baht.

Time to on Google to get a translation and a photo to show people what I need.

Pattaya is a shithole.

dont forget yocal yanks chewing bacon instead of gum