Online 90-day reports now possible in Phuket

webfact

How can its website be trusted since its url is not https?

Nabbie,

Per usual, the Thai Vis Little Old lady network has found something to whine about.

Unless you are in a very unusual and "most wanted of the most wanted list" with a meaningful bounty on your head, i hardly think your address, passport number and visa status is of any interest or value.

Since you are, of course, an internet / hacking expert, you know that data is rarely stolen on a single transaction level, but vast amounts of data are scooped up AFTER they have been logged and the central data servers have been invaded.

If you do not believe me, ask your credit card company or bank .. there is a fair chance they have already been hacked at least once.

You see, bank robbers tend to ... rob banks ... and not the irrelevant information required to extend your visa.

But hey, this is Thai Visa .. so we are obliged to enter some form of complaint .. no matter how tiny.

You really should get out more, read a few papers, and catch up on the news.

The NSA and peer networks have been acquiring all the data that is on the internet, your phone and both public and private business filings. Does the name "Edward Snowden" ring a bell?

But ... Oh My .. The Sky is falling! The online visa extension may not be 100% hack proof !!! .. question for you .. what IS hack proof anymore?

I think this is an enormous step in the right direction, and hundreds of expats agree.

Enjoy your wait in line at immigration ... we will enjoy filing form the air-conditioned condo, thank you very much

Hi Bangkokequity,

I understand your thought perfectly but your interpreting is not exactly what you expect from me!

I am still doing the online anyway in despite the common hackers will be invited to browse the personal data. What I am trying to point is it is definitely a bad practice. For instance, the hacker may know your home address and then start to think about becoming home robber instead of bank robber. Who knows?

Of course, I, 100%, agree you the online has an enormous advantage over the waiting line at immigration.

I am sure many expats are willing to do the online even they are probably not happy with giving out the personal data to all the hackers.

Hope you will have good second thought.

Cheers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a list available anywhere of offices where this service is available?

Can anyone supply a link???

For the second time today, I draw attention to the second paragraph of the O/P

'When the system was originally launched, it could be used only by those in Bangkok. The system is now available countrywide'.

I do believe this is what one could call 'all embracing' could it not?

my g/f tried the site today but it seems that you must still take your paper print out to immigration on your 90 day report date so what is the purpose of reporting on line when you have to go there anyway. Still cannot understand why the site is in Thai there should be a language choice somewhere. We all do not speak English either.

my g/f tried the site today but it seems that you must still take your paper print out to immigration on your 90 day report date so what is the purpose of reporting on line when you have to go there anyway. Still cannot understand why the site is in Thai there should be a language choice somewhere. We all do not speak English either.

When the 90 day reporting is confirmed you have to print out the confirmation slip and put it in your passport yourself.

No need to go to the immigration office.

I've been trying to work out why one person has asked 'why is the website in 'Thai?' and why have two people claimed that we still have to report to the Immigration office following an on-line report.

And I think I've got it. In the O/P there is a link that sends the reader, allegedly, to the on-line system. It doesn't, it sends the reader to the Immigration Bureau home page (in Thai of course) Try it for yourself.

Where you really need to go is to this website:

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

All will become clear once you have absorbed the information therein.

I do hope there will be no more confusion.

Isn't there a plugin for Chrome and Firefox that will switch the User Agent to IE?

For FF IE Tab V2 for Chrome either User-Agent Switcher for Chrome or User Agent Swticher. Safari has the ability built in.

I use User Agent Switcher in Firefox.

The warning message:

"We support current and previous versions of Internet Explorer browser ONLY."

- is displayed on my Firefox when the User Agent is set to default, i.e. to Mozilla.

However, when set to Internet Explorer, that particular message doesn't appear, so it looks like they are monitoring your browser's User Agent and displaying the message if it is not IE.

I can get to the form using Firefox and with the User Agent set to Mozilla, but I haven't submitted a form as I don't need to. However, I have completed various fields in the form and, for example, it does correctly change entered text from lower case to upper case in the specified fields, so Firefox may well work.

It would be pretty mean of them to actively prevent the form from being accepted just because the User Agent is not IE.

I would think the warning message is there just so they don't have to test their web site using every possible browser.

I will find out if Firefox works in about 3 months when I next need to report.

Well, RATS................I'm in Jomtien and tried to do my 90 Day report online with IE. Filled out first step and clicked submit. A noticed popped up in THAI with the caution triangle. Checked all data and blanks were filled in correctly. Clicked again and got the caution message. So, I redid the security capitan or whatever that is called even though the numbers were correct. New number and then 'verified' came up. I clicked submit and all I have now for Step 2 is a white screen.

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

So, it remains white. Guess I will have to go to the Jomtien office. I suppose I could do it over again........the point being?

If you are on Retirement Extension of Stay and have been for some years, What do you put for Type of Visa.

There are 2 buttons, Tourist or Non-Imm, also dates from and to. No input for extensions.

Any suggestions folks?

Retirement, Marriage etc extensions are all Non-O extensions.

I don't know why they would include a Tourist section as tourist visa's can be used maximum for 3 months each.

If you are on Retirement Extension of Stay and have been for some years, What do you put for Type of Visa.

There are 2 buttons, Tourist or Non-Imm, also dates from and to. No input for extensions.

Any suggestions folks?

Interesting... for the last 10 years or so I've been putting "Non-Immigrant O-A" on my paper form, which was the actual visa that I had to get into the country.

Then last year the Immigration Volunteer who checked my papers crossed that out and wrote "Retirement Extension".

So it looks like I was right and he was wrong. tongue.png

Nakhon Pathom province ( Rai Khing immigration office)

I just phoned my local reporting office regarding my 90 day report due on May 20th and asked if I could now do this on-line.

The person I spoke to had a very low English ability & was a bit vague as to what I was actually asking for to start with..

He finally said they are "NOT" yet on the system and I should report in-person as normal.

If anyone knows any different please let me know, otherwise I'll give it another week then phone again to check, before waiting and going later in person.

I just phoned my local reporting office regarding my 90 day report due on May 20th and asked if I could now do this on-line.

The person I spoke to had a very low English ability & was a bit vague as to what I was actually asking for to start with..

He finally said they are "NOT" yet on the system and I should report in-person as normal.

If anyone knows any different please let me know, otherwise I'll give it another week then phone again to check, before waiting and going later in person.

Why not just try it? After all costs nothing but a few minutes of your time and if it doesn't work, then off you go down town. There is plenty of time to initiate 'plan B' if 'plan A' fails.

For my own part, I am only 15 minutes from the office in Udon Thani and my previous visit lasted all of 10 minutes. And that included uploading my data onto their computer. So I don't think I'll bother with the on-line method. But obviously I can see the advantage for those living out in the bundocks.

Why not just try it? After all costs nothing but a few minutes of your time and if it doesn't work, then off you go down town. There is plenty of time to initiate 'plan B' if 'plan A' fails.

For my own part, I am only 15 minutes from the office in Udon Thani and my previous visit lasted all of 10 minutes. And that included uploading my data onto their computer. So I don't think I'll bother with the on-line method. But obviously I can see the advantage for those living out in the bundocks.

Wait until you're inside the 15 day window before trying.

Well ok I agree it doesn't cost anything to do and in principle shouldn't take long to download, complete and submit...

however with only a window of one week to apply in..

1) how do I actually know if it is being "processed" after submission?

2) If it's not, will I be informed that I have to go in person to the office, or sit around waiting for a confirmation that will not arrive??

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well ok I agree it doesn't cost anything to do and in principle shouldn't take long to download, complete and submit...

2) If it's not, will I be informed that I have to go in person to the office, or sit around waiting for a confirmation that will not arrive??

Fareastguy, you really are making a mountain out of a molehill! Why don't you go to the 90 day reporting webpage at:

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do and read the information therein?

It is all quite clearly laid out there, including the gloom laden situation to which you allude to.

How can its website be trusted since its url is not https?

Nabbie,

Per usual, the Thai Vis Little Old lady network has found something to whine about.

Unless you are in a very unusual and "most wanted of the most wanted list" with a meaningful bounty on your head, i hardly think your address, passport number and visa status is of any interest or value.

Since you are, of course, an internet / hacking expert, you know that data is rarely stolen on a single transaction level, but vast amounts of data are scooped up AFTER they have been logged and the central data servers have been invaded.

If you do not believe me, ask your credit card company or bank .. there is a fair chance they have already been hacked at least once.

You see, bank robbers tend to ... rob banks ... and not the irrelevant information required to extend your visa.

But hey, this is Thai Visa .. so we are obliged to enter some form of complaint .. no matter how tiny.

You really should get out more, read a few papers, and catch up on the news.

The NSA and peer networks have been acquiring all the data that is on the internet, your phone and both public and private business filings. Does the name "Edward Snowden" ring a bell?

But ... Oh My .. The Sky is falling! The online visa extension may not be 100% hack proof !!! .. question for you .. what IS hack proof anymore?

I think this is an enormous step in the right direction, and hundreds of expats agree.

Enjoy your wait in line at immigration ... we will enjoy filing form the air-conditioned condo, thank you very much

No need to belittle posters.

It does not matter whether you do your reporting online or one dispatches a manservant to do it (yes 90 days reporting does not need to be done in person). What is important that people understand real and potential risks in order to make informed decisions.

You get an email from them which states:

"Notification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th"

Note:

Immediately after submitting the form online, your status is "Pending"

The following day it should be "Approved" - which is the case after you get the email, above.

You can then download the 90-day slip and print it out.

This is information from a friend who just did it this week, starting yesterday. So... didn't take long, did it?

I can also confirm that when you apply for a yearly extension based on retirement, they also give you a new 90-day reporting date. That happened to me today.

You get an email from them which states:

"Notification 90 days is Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th"

Note:

Immediately after submitting the form online, your status is "Pending"

The following day it should be "Approved" - which is the case after you get the email, above.

You can then download the 90-day slip and print it out.

This is information from a friend who just did it this week, starting yesterday. So... didn't take long, did it?

I can also confirm that when you apply for a yearly extension based on retirement, they also give you a new 90-day reporting date. That happened to me today.

I find the change of 90 day report date odd. I have been told that it specifically did NOT change my 90 day report date. It appears it all depends on who you see and where you see them. Unless your renewal date was close to your 90 day report date. But my info is from last year.

I find the change of 90 day report date odd. I have been told that it specifically did NOT change my 90 day report date. It appears it all depends on who you see and where you see them. Unless your renewal date was close to your 90 day report date. But my info is from last year.

I think it changed at the end of last year. Someone at Immigration must have realised that it saves them visits from farangs (= saves them time) if they acknowledge that a visit for the purpose of an extension should be treated as a "report of address", especially as you now have to register your address before you can get an extension.

• 3 weeks later...

USELESS.... when it actually could be beneficial to everyone

" for further information regarding the the 90 day notification report service, please contact the immigration branch office in your residence area."

same pop up after three times

My IPad gave the same error code (404). I added "?cmd=acceptTerm" after ......tm47/TM47Action.do

(......tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm)

It may be irrelevant or the wrong thing to do, but it got me to the first page. My report is not due until next week, so I will wait till then to try it out.

My IPad gave the same error code (404). I added "?cmd=acceptTerm" after ......tm47/TM47Action.do

(......tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm)

It may be irrelevant or the wrong thing to do, but it got me to the first page. My report is not due until next week, so I will wait till then to try it out.

You need to use Internet Explorers on a PC or a browser which can acts like an IE, it has been said many times in the online reporting topics

I don't think it will work on an ipad

^

You can change the Immigration Bureau home page to English and on the left is a list of services included a link to the 90 day reporting.

Your link goes directly there.

When you change the website to English, half the links (on the LH side) dissapear... along with lots of other useful information. rolleyes.gif

I'm one for two with the online reporting.

Mine didn't work, that could've been my own fault with an unforgiving system, but I processed a neighbours report without problems.

I'll await my next time before casting my vote on the effectiveness of the system.

Archived