Afl Finals & A Steak Sandwich?

davidgtr

Downunder just opened. Its on Nemanhemin road. Giant Screen, steak sandwiches, Aussie food etc. Right next to Happy Hut, on the east side of the road half way down Nimanheimin.

The Downunder sounds interesting & right next to "happy hut".

Anyone been to the Downunder yet - any reports?

Must be Aussie management with a name like that, or got a strong Aussie connection.

Well the AFL Aussie Rules finals are starting this weekend, so has anyone got any tips for the best or new places to go watch the games & maybe have an ice cold beer & a steak sandwich?

Yes - the Down Under is the place to go this evening. Big screen, Ice cold beer, Dinky-di Australian steak and tucker to-gether with a good mob of expats. See you there.

We definately need a Grand Finals bash somewhere, any suggestions?

For me there are only 2 choices.

1. The UN Irish Pub

or

2. The Downunder

The UN Irish Pub is ok & long established, but they sometimes need to switch TV Channels to other sporting events, or you have to move TV rooms. All a bit rough right in the middle of your fave couch potato event eh?

The Downunder is new & fresh, with Aussie beers & is run by a couple of hard core Aussie Rules fans, so no chance of interruptions and the only disturbances are barbs & wind ups from rival supporters. Sounds like the right place to go for the AFL final to me.

1. The UN Irish Pub

or

2. The Downunder

The UN Irish Pub is ok & long established, but they sometimes need to switch TV Channels to other sporting events, or you have to move TV rooms. All a bit rough right in the middle of your fave couch potato event eh?

The Downunder is new & fresh, with Aussie beers & is run by a couple of hard core Aussie Rules fans, so no chance of interruptions and the only disturbances are barbs & wind ups from rival supporters. Sounds like the right place to go for the AFL final to me.

What time is it on (I mean the game)

Late morning for the bounce up, probably around ten to eleven o'clock. I remember one year Bob opened Spotlight up for us, and we had about three dozen there. Plenty of "Four 'n Twenties"

and Fosters :o

I think the Downunder will be the go :D

Edit:- I really think we had better warn them!!!

Edited by Maejo Man

1. The UN Irish Pub

or

2. The Downunder

Friday night

AFL 6.00 pm. Fremantle vs Melbourne.

NRL 9.30 pm. Dragons vs Sea Eagles.

Saturday

AFL 5.00 pm. West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs

NRL 8.30 pm. Knights vs Broncos

Sunday

V8 Supercars 8.00 am Sandown Park.

Philipp Island MotoGP is also on Sunday morning. Probably starting at 9.00 or 10.00am? on Star Sports.

Friday night

AFL 6.00 pm. Fremantle vs Melbourne.

NRL 9.30 pm. Dragons vs Sea Eagles.

Saturday

AFL 5.00 pm. West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs

NRL 8.30 pm. Knights vs Broncos

Sunday

V8 Supercars 8.00 am Sandown Park.

Philipp Island MotoGP is also on Sunday morning. Probably starting at 9.00 or 10.00am? on Star Sports.

PHEW!!!! Better get the "Tinnies" in and cooled :o

Late morning for the bounce up, probably around ten to eleven o'clock. I remember one year Bob opened Spotlight up for us, and we had about three dozen there. Plenty of "Four 'n Twenties"

and Fosters :o

I think the Downunder will be the go :D

Edit:- I really think we had better warn them!!!

If Bob were still there we'd have had sum gurls on hand too eh but !!

• 2 weeks later...
I know the beeer will be cold & will take you up on the fish & chips again, but have you got any good newspapers to wrap up the fish 'n chips?

C'arn the West Coast Eagles...

It will have to be the Bangkok Post i'm afraid. There is not enough paper in the "local rag" to wrap a parcel of fish and chips :o

Up the "eagles" go, go, go

Edited by john b good