BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

24-year-old Thai man steals phone cables to 'support girlfriends'

Girlfriends hmm what one will not do for love. Guess he can send them a cable from jail.

That happens in germany every week. Mostly romanian or bulgarian "immigrants" who steal copper and steel lines to sell it to scrap metal merchands. Sometimes german train system is interrupted because thieves grap signalling-cables from beside the tracks. Culprits rarely arrested. So what can you do? Telecom-, Electrical-power- and train-companies use "chemical DNA" nowadays to brand/identify the metals, ie. they spray a film of identifier from helicopters on overhead-lines.

Edited by jackinthebox

I'm sure such a hansum man could have many girlfriends on a short time basis, which indeed would require more than his normal income..

Edited by halloween

I wonder how many new GF's he will have when he gets to prison?

• Like 1

Numerous girlfriends? Now zero girlfriends. Idiot.

We have to frequently replace our lightning arrestor cables (the one on top of the power cables) on our power systems (Industrial Estate) because it is stolen over night. This is so common in Thailand I did not think it would warrant cover in the news??

We have to frequently replace our lightning arrestor cables (the one on top of the power cables) on our power systems (Industrial Estate) because it is stolen over night. This is so common in Thailand I did not think it would warrant cover in the news??

A suggestion - install an air gap earth rather than a direct connection, and the high voltage of a lightning strike will jump the gap. Then connect 220V to to the arrestor cables.

• Like 1

Are TT&T and TOT separate organisations?

Could be industrial sabotage.....

Oh, and one other thing.....24? Yeah right.......

heh.... this twit aint seen 24 in 10 years .....

In my country it happens very often that gypsies steal it....but also if police find them , our judges leave them free: judges told that they are not sure that copper found is stolen.....maybe it is normal that everybody keeps many hundreds kg at home.....blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png .

In any case, our judges don't put in prison gypsies and immigrants....they are a resorce for the country....blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

What will it happen in normal country (thai) where politics and judges are not hypocrite ?

That happens in germany every week. Mostly romanian or bulgarian "immigrants" who steal copper and steel lines to sell it to scrap metal merchands. Sometimes german train system is interrupted because thieves grap signalling-cables from beside the tracks. Culprits rarely arrested. So what can you do? Telecom-, Electrical-power- and train-companies use "chemical DNA" nowadays to brand/identify the metals, ie. they spray a film of identifier from helicopters on overhead-lines.

Why not make it too dangerous for the scrap metal dealers to touch it?

I thought Thainess was a THAI marketing term ?

Thainess (khwam ben thai) was first used in the 1950's and refers to order, neatness and presentability both public and personal. The King also used the term to advance his Nation - Religion - Monarchy philosophy.

TBWG wai.gif

GFs can't call to visit him as the prison has landline phone facepalm.gif

and....... cop how tall that coppa is!!

This is after all, Electric Lady Land :) No wire, no hire.

Yeah 47 metres is a pretty tall coppa. I have images of something like a B movie with Coppa versus Godzilla battling it out in Sukhumvit.