Scientific And Technological Cooperation Between Thailand And Cuba

Jai Dee

Thailand will sign an MOU on scientific and technological cooperation with Cuba

The caretaker cabinet has endorsed a draft memorandum of understanding (MOU) on scientific and technological cooperation between Thailand and Cuba.

The MOU will be signed during caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s visit to Cuba to attend the 14th summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) from September 14 to 16.

Cooperation will be in the areas of bio-technology, electronics and computer, nano technology, alternative fuels, space technology and some other scientific and technological fields.

The two countries will jointly conduct research, exchange scientists and information and hold science meetings.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 06 September 2006

Cuba, Burma, Cambodia in a month... Thaksin loves the dirty and corrupted leaders, and the ones who have blood on their hands.

He feels good among them.

He must feel important.

A perfect matching.

The thai foreign policy is becoming really apawling.

I though caretaker governments could not cut deals, that is why the USA put any political agendas with Thailand on hold. I wonder how much money Thaksin will make on this for lack of a better word unauthorized deal?

Yeah but countries led by despot leaders can do as they wish! :o

Cuba, Burma, Cambodia in a month... Thaksin loves the dirty and corrupted leaders, and the ones who have blood on their hands.

He must feel important.

A perfect matching.

Forgot about Jamaica. :o

He must feel important.

A perfect matching.

Not to mention Kenya or South Africa.

So where next - for the globe-trotting apparatchiks ?

I hear Albania is really nice - at this time of year. :D Or Luna ? :D

He must feel important.

A perfect matching.

South Africa? Would be interesting to hear your views on why SA should be lumped in with Cuba, Zimbabwe and Burma....

Cubans got one of the best healthcare systems in the [third] world

30 Baht? :o

Free !

And it's good !

Saw a TV prog on it when I was in the UK.

:D

Not only that, but their cancer research is leading edge also ........

Edited by Diablo Bob

There's a conference of Non-aligned movement in Havana. Thaksin is attending on behalf of Thailand. NAM has 116 members.

Yeah and Thaksin and Surrakiart are going to push the UN Secretary General thing. :o

When the Thaksin supporters were attacked did Surakiart stand up for them???

If he can't even open his mouth in his home country, how is he expected to be of any help to the wider world?

The money being wasted on this is ridiculous, he doesn't stand a chance, Thaksin and his own actions (or lack of) have seen to that.

Who is going to be held accountable for the vast sums of money being wasted on this bid?

Edited by womble

He must feel important.

A perfect matching.

South Africa? Would be interesting to hear your views on why SA should be lumped in with Cuba, Zimbabwe and Burma....

Certainly. There was a thread, started on the 5th of September, entitled 'Thailand to promote its trading in South Africa', so SA is just one of the many countries where government officials have recently announced increased efforts to boost trade. I'd post the link - if I knew how - Sorry.

A cynic might think that there is an attempt to create a 'feel-good factor', as regards Thailand's faltering foreign-trade and econcomy, in the run-up to the election.

But where did Zimbabwe come from ?