Do you like sausage? which sausage is your favorite? and where to buy ?

bapoboy

Does anyone know where I can get decent sausage skins?

Bunters seem to use the skins from Makro and though I have some of them I am under impressed with them.

I have tried BM foods 3 or 4 times but could get no response so this morning I asked my wife to speak to them and the answer she got was that they only sell complete

sausages and not the skins.

There are online places in the UK which sell the skins but I have no idea what state the skins would be when they get to Thailand or even if customs would

let them into the country.

There must be somewhere that sells the skins.

Help me if you can, I'm feeling like a decent sausage blow out.

Won't you please help me?

My apologies to the Beatles.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bunters seem to use the skins from Makro and though I have some of them I am under impressed with them.

I have tried BM foods 3 or 4 times but could get no response so this morning I asked my wife to speak to them and the answer she got was that they only sell complete

There are online places in the UK which sell the skins but I have no idea what state the skins would be when they get to Thailand or even if customs would

I just make mine into burger patties. Skins would be nice but patties taste the same and no haste.

I just make mine into burger patties. Skins would be nice but patties taste the same and no haste.

I do them as well but they aren't the same as sausages somehow.

I do them as well but they aren't the same as sausages somehow.

All in the mind I suppose. Not boasting but my burger patties sausages taste better than anything I can get locally and as cheap as chips.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried most of the sausages & pies in and a round Pattaya.

Unfortunately they are not quite right.

I don't know if its the ingredient s or people that think I'll just put this in as well, it will make it better.

I buy British sausages "Richmond's" at villa.

As for the pies, I can't get a good one, not like HOLLANDS meat & Potato.

I even e-mailed them and asked if they exported to Thailand but unfortunately the don't.

If anyone knows better please pm me.

Now my mouth is watering!!!!

I have tried most of the sausages & pies in and a round Pattaya.

Unfortunately they are not quite right.

I don't know if its the ingredient s or people that think I'll just put this in as well, it will make it better.

I buy British sausages "Richmond's" at villa.

As for the pies, I can't get a good one, not like HOLLANDS meat & Potato.

I even e-mailed them and asked if they exported to Thailand but unfortunately the don't.

If anyone knows better please pm me.

Now my mouth is watering!!!!

If your chosen sausage is the Richmond ones which are Irish recipe incidentally then your knowledge of sausages is very low.

They are crap.

OK could be from the small island off the west coast of England.

Crap, OK but its like burgers, sometimes you just want the taste of CRAP.

Crap U like.

True but the sausages in Tops are far superior to Richmond ones.

Splash out give them a whirl I forget the name but they are butchers ones,prime meat no lips and arse.

If anyone is interested in eating seriously good sausages, then consider Sloane's sausages. The man behind it is Joe Sloane from London and he used to work for Gordon Ramsay.

"Sloane’s uses only natural sausage casings and our own recipes to avoid the use of unnecessary chemicals, no artificial flavorings or colourings are used."

The pigs used are free range ones.

For more information about Sloane's see here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sloanes

We offer a massive range of quality sausages and over 500 other products. We deliver both in Bangkok and nationwide. If you live in Bangkok click here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sausages-bacon-ham

If you live anywhere else in Thailand click here to order through our nationwide PassionBox (over 300 products to choose from) ... http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide

The PassionDelivery team.

I tested CP's premium sausage brand "Bücher" sold in Makro.

The "bockwurst" which looks a bit like short wieners is hopeless, although well smoked, the taste is weakish and a little too sweet, but the most negative thing about it is how fat it is - there are big chunks of soft fat enclosed in the sausage. The first couple were disgusting, and then I cut them in slices and pan-fried them. I had to pour fat off two times! I think at least 15% of this product is excess fat.

The second product I tried from "Bücher" was the "bratwurst", and this one is much better. No funny fat and the spices give it a taste that remotely reminds of a german bratwurst, although the CP one is smoked.

But it was pleasant to eat and I will buy that product again.

i shall try the bratwurst tonight,the wife bought them from CP's shop in home fresh,not cheap at 260bht.x 500grms.

just to make sure i get the taste,SAUSAGES FIRST -THEN THE CIDER.

If anyone is interested in eating seriously good sausages, then consider Sloane's sausages. The man behind it is Joe Sloane from London and he used to work for Gordon Ramsay.

"Sloane’s uses only natural sausage casings and our own recipes to avoid the use of unnecessary chemicals, no artificial flavorings or colourings are used."

For more information about Sloane's see here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sloanes

We offer a massive range of quality sausages and over 500 other products. We deliver both in Bangkok and nationwide. If you live in Bangkok click here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sausages-bacon-ham

If you live anywhere else in Thailand click here to order through our nationwide PassionBox (over 300 products to choose from) ... http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/passionbox-dry-delivered-nationwide

How does this company accept payment?

Thanks

How does this company accept payment?

Thanks

Hi. If you live in Bangkok we accept cash on delivery (COD), bank transfer or PayPal (+5% PayPal fee).

If you live anywhere in Thailand we accept bank transfer or PayPal (+5% PayPal fee).

We are working on getting a credit card payment option and hope to offer it soon.

Thanks

The PassionDelivery team

I tested CP's premium sausage brand "Bücher" sold in Makro.

The "bockwurst" which looks a bit like short wieners is hopeless, although well smoked, the taste is weakish and a little too sweet, but the most negative thing about it is how fat it is - there are big chunks of soft fat enclosed in the sausage. The first couple were disgusting, and then I cut them in slices and pan-fried them. I had to pour fat off two times! I think at least 15% of this product is excess fat.

The second product I tried from "Bücher" was the "bratwurst", and this one is much better. No funny fat and the spices give it a taste that remotely reminds of a german bratwurst, although the CP one is smoked.

But it was pleasant to eat and I will buy that product again.

i shall try the bratwurst tonight,the wife bought them from CP's shop in home fresh,not cheap at 260bht.x 500grms.

just to make sure i get the taste,SAUSAGES FIRST -THEN THE CIDER.

at 260bht. for half a kilo i wont be buying them again,apart from the smokey flavour no taste at all that price should be a KILO.

at 350bht.a kilo give me chaiyaphum any day of the week.

• 1 month later...

lincolnshire made the other week,

skins from makro, proper skins,

and pork from the our own pigs,

i get the seasoning from ebay, butchers choice, ive got old english,cumberland and lincolnshire,plus my pork pie mix

Hi pigeonjake .

Butchers choice told me they won't post there mixes to Thailand , how do you get around that m8

I would like to order some.

Thanks

i get the seasoning from ebay, butchers choice, ive got old english,cumberland and lincolnshire,plus my pork pie mix

Hi pigeonjake .

Butchers choice told me they won't post there mixes to Thailand , how do you get around that m8

Thanks

have any of you tried GLOBO FOODS LTD. packaged under the LOBO BRAND.i had a look at their products and found they do a lot of western spices ect.

for sausages,hams bacon and much more.

the wife bought me a packet of sai oua which i havnt tried yet,still finishing the burgers i made same recipe.

the package contains NORTHERN THAI SAUSAGE SET includes collagen casings.

In case you were interested, we will shortly be adding some of Sloane's sausages to our range. The new ones will be:

English breakfast. 500g. 250 THB

Chipolatas. Price and weight TBC.

And... Bacon Whiskey Jam.... similar to a pate and back by popular demand (in Bangkok at least anyway).

You can get all the current ones from Sloane's here http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/sloanes.

DELIVERY NATIONWIDE via our PassionBox service.

post-244103-0-69194200-1444450192_thumb.

post-244103-0-00669400-1444450210_thumb.

post-244103-0-22646700-1444450212_thumb.

post-244103-0-28581400-1444450216_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Hi pigeonjake .

Thanks

have any of you tried GLOBO FOODS LTD. packaged under the LOBO BRAND.i had a look at their products and found they do a lot of western spices ect.

for sausages,hams bacon and much more.

the wife bought me a packet of sai oua which i havnt tried yet,still finishing the burgers i made same recipe.

the package contains NORTHERN THAI SAUSAGE SET includes collagen casings.

got arround to making the sai oua,500grms.ground loin,packet of seasoning mix plus skins,enough for 5 sausages over 12inches,cooked in the oven,

were they nice,well there's not one left.total cost 105bht.the wife will be getting more kits tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

went to makro this morning,seems they have increased their sausage range,i bought some which i hadnt seen before,JPM NORTHERN SAUSAGE.

got a good colour,plenty of herbs showing,shall try tomorrow,but at 109bht.for 750gms they might be alright after 6cans cider.licklips.giforbah.gif

went to makro this morning,seems they have increased their sausage range,i bought some which i hadnt seen before,JPM NORTHERN SAUSAGE.

got a good colour,plenty of herbs showing,shall try tomorrow,but at 109bht.for 750gms they might be alright after 6cans cider.licklips.giforbah.gif

these are the best that i have had here in thailand,not too spicy,cooked well,skins didnt break and they were nice and moist.

dont know if the price is right but i am to go and get 10kilo.

I buy my sausages from Khonkaen food supplies. He has the slim cumberland sausages which I would consider a nice sausage even in Australia. Also has pork breakfast sausages (not tried yet). I really love them and eat a snag sandwich every other morning. About 180 THB for 12 sausages. He also has nice lamb chops, reasonable steaks and pies and pasties. Nice bloke...I believe they'll throw an order on a bus for you too.

For a hotdog I like the Bucher Bratwurst. They don't have huge flavour but I like to grill them, slice them open, grill a bit more and then add in some Mainland extra tasty cheese (New Zealand premium cheese available at Big C, Makro) and then grill that until melty. The grilling really brings out the lovely flavour. Bit of german mustard on your bread, smothered in Heinz tomato sauce. Doesn't get any better than that :-)

• 1 month later...

these are the best that i have had here in thailand,not too spicy,cooked well,skins didnt break and they were nice and moist.

finished those last week,went yesterday they have 2new flavours on the shelf,garlic and chilli.ARE THEY NICE back tomorrow to stock up.licklips.giflicklips.giflicklips.gif

finished those last week,went yesterday they have 2new flavours on the shelf,garlic and chilli.ARE THEY NICE back tomorrow to stock up.licklips.giflicklips.giflicklips.gif

You ate 10kgs of sausages in a month, gawd!!! biggrin.pngfacepalm.gif

You ate 10kgs of sausages in a month, gawd!!! biggrin.pngfacepalm.gif

just had 4 for breakfast,the co.that produce's them are sausage maker's and are not like those processed crap.

10kilo ? i am known to exagerate,my eye's are bigger than my belly.

if you like a little bit of bite try them. at 109bht for 750grm.cheap enough to give to the neighbour's dog.

Archived