Do you like sausage? which sausage is your favorite? and where to buy ?

bapoboy

went to makro this morning,seems they have increased their sausage range,i bought some which i hadnt seen before,JPM NORTHERN SAUSAGE.

got a good colour,plenty of herbs showing,shall try tomorrow,but at 109bht.for 750gms they might be alright after 6cans cider.licklips.giforbah.gif

these are the best that i have had here in thailand,not too spicy,cooked well,skins didnt break and they were nice and moist.

dont know if the price is right but i am to go and get 10kilo.

finished those last week,went yesterday they have 2new flavours on the shelf,garlic and chilli.ARE THEY NICE back tomorrow to stock up.licklips.giflicklips.giflicklips.gif

You ate 10kgs of sausages in a month, gawd!!! biggrin.pngfacepalm.gif

just had 4 for breakfast,the co.that produce's them are sausage maker's and are not like those processed crap.

10kilo ? i am known to exagerate,my eye's are bigger than my belly.

if you like a little bit of bite try them. at 109bht for 750grm.cheap enough to give to the neighbour's dog.

What area of Makro do they keep the sausages in, I was in the Pattaya Makro but they only seems to have the processed kind.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here in korat they are kept in the cooler with all the cheese,bacon,ham.sausages,the packing is in thai,but the product is in english on the front of the shelf directly underneath.

i love the spicey northern sausage,usually at the festivals 350+kilo these are as good,not like thai crap,sweet and all rice.

they come in 750grm.pkts. in green,red,and plain.i expect they also do plain pork which should be good.

• 1 year later...
On 15.2.2016 at 0:03 PM, RabC said:

What area of Makro do they keep the sausages in, I was in the Pattaya Makro but they only seems to have the processed kind.

Pattaya Makro now has sausages from TGM.

I have tried the Nürnberger, which were good, and I also bought the larger Bratwursts, but still didn't try them.

The price was just okay, maybe 250 or 270 baht a Kg, I'm not sure.

I will buy the Nürnberger again.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello members,

I know this is a Chaing mai thread and all, but maybe someone knows about this.

A guy in Bangkok sent me this pic about buying Salami some time ago, but it seems his account is inactive now for some reason.

If you are him or know of him from this pic please PM me.

thanks

Veneto salami.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/29/2015 at 2:36 PM, pigeonjake said:

hi billd,

im sorry mate i get it all from ebay,all the seasoning i just get the skins from makro get my machine out and off i go, i even make pork pies,

i put a little rice in instead of rusk, but take it from me they are bloody good,,lol

I now get my sausage making stuff from a company in the UK called Weschenfelder https://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/

They won't ship to Thailand but I am lucky enough to have friends go to the UK and bring the mixes back. This trip my mate brought me a pork pie making kit including 3 tins. I haven't made pork pies for a long time and hopefully I will make 3 this week or next.

On 5/15/2015 at 10:19 AM, NickJ said:

Hey PigeonJake...

I messed around with bacon..now I would like to do the same with sausage. So , Makro sells casings? Whats your input on a machine? Thanks.

I bought a vertical sausage stuffer from China via Lazada which is OK but in hindsight I wish I had bought a horizontal one instead. Please note. It is a bitch to clean when you have finished.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:18 PM, billd766 said:

This trip my mate brought me a pork pie making kit including 3 tins. I haven't made pork pies for a long time and hopefully I will make 3 this week or next.

How did the pork pies go?.. waiting for a photo to invoke memories of crispy pastry and a bite of pork and of course the jelly... delish

wandered into food land (thrappraya Road) looking for some bread and bacon

and spotted some sausages and then some black pudding...the sausages were

called ''PRIME'' and described as Lincon 180 baht (around that not sure 100%)

listed as 500gm I counted 5 decent size sausages. not cheap but tasted good.

we had been making our own as most you could buy seemed to have a very short

period before the ingredients went west, these are ok and have a link.

I have no knowledge of this company before I encountered them last Monday.

WWW.Primefoodservice.net 

6 hours ago, james.d said:

How did the pork pies go?.. waiting for a photo to invoke memories of crispy pastry and a bite of pork and of course the jelly... delish

Hopefully next week.

I got my wife to order a leg of pork that arrived yesterday. She will debone and skin it and off I will go.

To go with the pork pie will be  a choice of HP sauce, mustard or Branston pickle.

Some of the pork leg will end up as honey and mustard ham.

I bought a packet of Sai Oua (northern or Chiang Mai) sausage kit by Lobo from BigC last week and I may try that out on my unsuspecting family soon.

There was just under 7 kg of pork after it was boned and skinned and that cost 1,000 thb or 147 thb/kg. 

I cut that up this morning into 4 x 1 kg lumps to turn into ham and 3 lots of about 700g to go into pork pies @ 3 pies per lot. By the time I had done that the sweat was pouring off me so I quit for the morning and hopefully do the ham bits with the honey/mustard coating. They will sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks and I will turn them every day.

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 12:17 AM, CLW said:

I just found out by accident when searching for liquid smoke in Thailand that the Lobo Brand online store has everything you need to make your own meat products.

http://www.lobo.co.th/en/category/meat-section

Bought it on Lazada, three bottles for 165 baht.

Recommended.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.3eXd

I found some locally made TGM sausage in the freezer at makro recently; italian, spicy (sorta like louisiana hot links) and fennel and not half bad compared to the supermarket stuff that I useta get in the UK 20 years ago...nice grilled on it's own with some French's brown mustard...

needa find a good recipe for a nice sausage cassoulet...plenty of onions, tatties and carrots around, but no celery or leeks...

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I like Cumberland and herb, and old Yorkshire flavoured sausages.

I don't buy them, but I make my own 4 kg at a time.

yeah, I hear that...cumberland and other north england sausages were quite nice with the different spices and etc...and about 12 years ago I brought a meat grinder with sausage attachment with me from the gulf where I was workin' to make my own (casings available at the local market)...also needed it to grind the local beef as it was inedible otherwise...but now ye can find all ye need at makro, ground beef, sausages, etc...good enough as the meat grinder and it's attachments had disappeared in the interim anyway...

tutsi returns home to Thailand on leave from work lookin' forward to some nice fresh pork sausage to find that all the bits an bobs for the grinder had been scattered and had disappeared...'GODDAMIT WHERE'S ALL THE STUFF FOR MY MEAT GRINDER SAUSAGE ATTACHMENT???'...and the wife she sez 'calm down, tutsi, yer frightening the kids...' tutsi's kitchen had once again become the kids playpen while he was away at work with kitchen implements scattered about the house...couldn't even make meself some scrambled eggs...

12 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

yeah, I hear that...cumberland and other north england sausages were quite nice with the different spices and etc...and about 12 years ago I brought a meat grinder with sausage attachment with me from the gulf where I was workin' to make my own (casings available at the local market)...also needed it to grind the local beef as it was inedible otherwise...but now ye can find all ye need at makro, ground beef, sausages, etc...good enough as the meat grinder and it's attachments had disappeared in the interim anyway...

tutsi returns home to Thailand on leave from work lookin' forward to some nice fresh pork sausage to find that all the bits an bobs for the grinder had been scattered and had disappeared...'GODDAMIT WHERE'S ALL THE STUFF FOR MY MEAT GRINDER SAUSAGE ATTACHMENT???'...and the wife she sez 'calm down, tutsi, yer frightening the kids...' tutsi's kitchen had once again become the kids playpen while he was away at work with kitchen implements scattered about the house...couldn't even make meself some scrambled eggs...

I have a meat grinder with a sausage stuffer attachment that I bought in NZ 9 years ago. The grinder is great but the stuffer is useless. This year I bought a vertical sausage stuffer from Lazada which makes sausage stuffing much easier.

The spices I get friends to buy me in the UK from this company 

https://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/

But they won't ship to Thailand so I get friends to get the stuff for me. I got some pork pie stuff from them and the pies came out great.

On 4/29/2015 at 11:10 AM, pigeonjake said:

lincolnshire, i was from lincolnshire and cunberland,

make them myself, that way i know whats going into them !

Indeed: nothing better than home made French style dried sausages. The wife makes them here in Phuket. I was her teacher. She is a good student I should say. And I am a happy man. ???? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aw6v1a9naeUVl0ZlNzMUwtbTQ/view?usp=drivesdk

Archived