Koh Tao Murders: Accused to appear at Thursday hearing

webfact

Koh Tao Murders: Accused to appear at Thursday hearing
By Todd Ruiz

koh.tao_.suspects_0.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- Two migrant workers accused of brutal murders on Koh Tao will appear in court tomorrow morning for a pre-trial hearing.

The court will consider a defense request for another forensic examination of physical evidence against Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo, the two Burmese workers accused of murdering Britons David Miller and Hannah Witheridge this past September.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/29/koh-tao-murders-accused-appear-thursday-hearing

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-29

Have you seen this report:- Thailand tourist murders: Defence lawyers seek evidence re-examination
  • 28 April 2015
  • From the section Norfolk

Key evidence that led to two men being charged with the murder of a pair of British backpackers on an island in Thailand could be re-examined.

Hannah Witheridge, 23, of Hemsby, Norfolk, and David Miller, 24, from Jersey, were killed on Koh Tao.

Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21-year-old bar workers from Burma, are accused of their murder last September.

Their defence lawyers are set to request that exhibits and DNA evidence are re-examined ahead of a trial.

The Burmese pair also face a rape charge and are set to stand trial on 8 July.

'Right people' for trial

A pre-trial hearing is due to take place in a court on Koh Samui on Thursday.

The defence team will request that several exhibits be sent for forensic re-examination and that the Royal Thai Police provide additional information about DNA evidence in the case.

"The judges who will consider this case want to ensure the case hearings are managed in a correct manner with speed, efficiency and fairness in line with societal expectations for a fair trial that is also internationally accepted," the MWRN said.

The defendants are said to have confessed under pressure from local police shortly after the killings but have since retracted those statements.

Both of the victims' families have previously said they are keen to see the "right people" convicted.

Is it possible to still get a dna test from the victims bodies?

That would be the only way acceptable as I dont really put any faith in what the police say they did.

Nope.

The process of cleaning and embalming the bodies for transport removes/destroys DNA on the body.

Is it possible to still get a dna test from the victims bodies?

That would be the only way acceptable as I dont really put any faith in what the police say they did.

Nope.

The process of cleaning and embalming the bodies for transport removes/destroys DNA on the body.

Quite fortunate for the police

Embarrassing. This shambles will resurface at a less than fitting time for the shonky top cop as the heat is on elsewhere. Would certainly like to see the evidence scrutinized but some BS reason to avoid will surface no doubt

Has anybody seen or know the contents of the British investigators' investigation? I never heard any more about it once they went back to Britain?. I can't imagine them being too impressed with the "investigation"

I have wondered about this as well. Never heard anything about the British Corronors inquest either.

Has anybody seen or know the contents of the British investigators' investigation? I never heard any more about it once they went back to Britain?. I can't imagine them being too impressed with the "investigation"

The investigators spoke with the families of the deceased who were confident in the investigation by the RTP.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thai-beach-murders-brit-victims-4757523

TVF members response to the grieving families statement. Get stuffed your wrong cause even though you have intimate knowledge of the case. I read on Bangkok post…..and then I read Pattaya news saying…..and then I heard from a friend…...

So to reiterate, the TVF detectives do not have the full facts yet continue to jump to conclusions quicker than a frog off a lilly pond chasing a fly despite the wishes of the grieving family. One can be assured the last place I will look for support or recognition of my statements is TVF if I was in a similar tragic incident.

If this case was a template for the solving of future crimes then all international police forces would be out of business. Scotland yard, FBI, CIA, RTP would all be shut down and the resources funneled into the TVF detective agency who can solve crimes behind a computer by gathering information based on news reports and rumors to solve the crime or at least say these people are innocent even when the family have confidence in the investigation.

Now back to reality. Lets hope justice is served if they are found guilty.

The investigators spoke with the families of the deceased who were confident in the investigation by the RTP.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thai-beach-murders-brit-victims-4757523

TVF members response to the grieving families statement. Get stuffed your wrong cause even though you have intimate knowledge of the case. I read on Bangkok post…..and then I read Pattaya news saying…..and then I heard from a friend…...

So to reiterate, the TVF detectives do not have the full facts yet continue to jump to conclusions quicker than a frog off a lilly pond chasing a fly despite the wishes of the grieving family. One can be assured the last place I will look for support or recognition of my statements is TVF if I was in a similar tragic incident.

If this case was a template for the solving of future crimes then all international police forces would be out of business. Scotland yard, FBI, CIA, RTP would all be shut down and the resources funneled into the TVF detective agency who can solve crimes behind a computer by gathering information based on news reports and rumors to solve the crime or at least say these people are innocent even when the family have confidence in the investigation.

even you are quoting a newspaper report as the answer yet you slate everybody else for it farcical.we all know who did it

God forbid that there are lives at stake however this is a side show which will be delayed indefinitely in order to remove it from current memory. It is a judicial Thai trick which has been played out many times.

even you are quoting a newspaper report as the answer yet you slate everybody else for it farcical.we all know who did it

Sorry Vinny - We all do not know who did this. Unlike you - I have an open mind.

I prefer to wait and look at the evidence as presented rather than rush into emotional blackmail.

For those posters that 'know' what happened - please please please present your rumours facts to the police. This would help everyone.

They also said this on a TV interview in person. Unless you think it was the RTP dressed as the parents in disguise.

So you fit right into my TVF detective agency theory and you too obviously say to the parents "Get Stuffed, you're wrong".

Didn't know you had all the facts or did you hear them on Phuket News along with the rest of the amateur detectives?

By the way when referring to news reports….Solving a murder case by reading news articles and quoting a parents statement from a news article are a bit different and cannot really be compared. Although as a detective you already knew that.

Your diatribe and ranting are uncalled for. I was merely asking if anybody had heard anything about the report. Usually I do not reply to bombastic simpletons, but I feel your post calls for a response. I will say that it appears you have a hidden agenda, or are a bit delusional.

TVF members response to the grieving families statement. Get stuffed your wrong cause even though you have intimate knowledge of the case. I read on Bangkok post..and then I read Pattaya news saying..and then I heard from a friend...

How do you know the victims families have intimate knowledge of the case?

....and as time has passed....now nobody gives a sh1t about these two innocent boys.....and another murderer (protected by money and pride) remains free. Can't wait for the other shoe to drop in Thailand....and what dumb political / military figure will be holding the bag???

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. http://www.mirror.co...victims-4757523

While this quote is factual, it falls short of accusing the B2 of the crimes. And the information has been provided by the RTP without any supported independent verification. For those of us residing in Thailand, reliance on the veracity of this case is questionable.

Archived