Thai woman opinion about foreigners looking for love...

thaipopsy

I find thaipopsy's post spurious in that I believe she knows the answers to all the questions she's asked. Surely rhetoric would have been a more suitable approach to the topic?

She seems to be asking why life is like it is! Well if your a materialist, it's 'life's natural cycle' and if you're a 'by intelligent design' merchant, it's 'the way God planned it'.

Because older men can get younger women here, they do - in Falang countries they don't 'cause they can't.

Regarding thaipopsi's friend whom she's trying to help; I reckon if she's dead set on a suitable Farang around her own age and she's not a complete 'pain-in-the-arse', she'd be better off seeking same in Farang land.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted here now and before, because my husband do sometimes for his business, and he mention this forum, and that for business info is good, but he also said that most foreigners here are very low level people living in Thailand because cannot deal with its country challenges and women.

I can tell now, that he is right. My friends will have to look for men out of Thailand. Thai men are inmature and cheaters. Most foreigners in Thailand...or at least in this forum, are inmature and loosers.....Anyway....its are perfect matches for young bar girls and young gold diggers, and an useful commodity for them. Good luck guys. I am out of here. Enough for my day off at work....and I need to think about dinner.

I posted here now and before, because my husband do sometimes for his business, and he mention this forum, and that for business info is good, but he also said that most foreigners here are very low level people living in Thailand because cannot deal with its country challenges and women.

I can tell now, that he is right. My friends will have to look for men out of Thailand. Thai men are inmature and cheaters. Most foreigners in Thailand...or at least in this forum, are inmature and loosers.....Anyway....its are perfect matches for young bar girls and young gold diggers, and an useful commodity for them. Good luck guys. I am out of here. Enough for my day off at work....and I need to think about dinner.

Well....Miss my sh*t don't stink, you came onto a public forum and sought some advice. Most on here did not think of you as a Troll and responded honestly and sincerely.

If you didn't want honest answers should not go on a public forum (you get the good with the bad). And now that you didn't get the answer you want (which was what? I don't know) you get all prissy and childish ....and you wonder why your friend can't find love w00t.gif....guess you should just look in the mirrorwhistling.gif maybe you'll find your answer there

I get frightened the amount of guys who come to Thailand age 55 and want a 20 yo, its disgusting

And how do you feel of 20 yo poorly educated girls from the lower economic strata willing to shack up with them??

A 20yo is a 20 yo full stop

It is pretty hard to explain a 3 dimentional concept to a 2 dimentional person. Full stop HHHmmmmmm I overestimated 2/D no less.

20 year old Thai females are generally much more mature & level headed than 32 year old Thai males.

At 20 Thai females know there is a lot they can learn from a man with years of experiance. The stability of knowing that Hubby isn't likely to be

Getting into the stupid trouble that seems to follow twentysomething males around Is reassuring. The rent money will be there when the rent is due.

What is wrong with that? If twentysomething aquires an extra 80,000 baht all of it will be gone in two weeks. Whereas fiftysomething or mr 60 yrs old

will likely send the Mrs for a few courses. Buy land in the wifes name. And is unlikely to become involved in questionable activities.

Some older folung men want children and have the time & money to raise them properly. The time is the big issue there.

If you take a page & divide it in half listing the advantages of an older man on one side young man on the other

disadvantages of an older man down below disadvantages of a young man

From a forward thinking Young Thai Woman

You would have to be lying to find the young man a winner

So Mr. Flint (altho your post has the feel of a western female who cant score a dude) Become a 3/D thinker

by considering possibilities you have obviously never considered before.

Glad I could help with your education... ... ...

This is getting amusing. Ok, Ms. Popsy, so you're going to recommend to "your friend" that she should look for men outside of Thailand. Let me ask you this: why would a successful American man, living in the USA where females are plentiful, be seeking a woman in a foreign land, whom he's never met, who does not share his values/beliefs, does not speak the same language, whom he knows nothing about, why would he be seeking to begin a long distance relationship with a Thai woman? Hint: He wouldn't. When I was a young, successful stud living in the USA, I had no interest in beginning a long distance relationship with foreign women I've never met. The kind of men living in America and seeking Thai women in Thailand are much bigger losers than farangs living in Thailand.

This is getting amusing. Ok, Ms. Popsy, so you're going to recommend to "your friend" that she should look for men outside of Thailand. Let me ask you this: why would a successful American man, living in the USA where females are plentiful, be seeking a woman in a foreign land, whom he's never met, who does not share his values/beliefs, does not speak the same language, whom he knows nothing about, why would he be seeking to begin a long distance relationship with a Thai woman? Hint: He wouldn't. When I was a young, successful stud living in the USA, I had no interest in beginning a long distance relationship with foreign women I've never met. The kind of men living in America and seeking Thai women in Thailand are much bigger losers than farangs living in Thailand.

My wife agree totally with Ms Popsy.

Females are plentiful in The US???? Good ones???, Beautiful ones??? Are you American?

What you stated probably that is true for millionaires, not for my husband and his friends that are successful men but not rich. All them in their sixties and dating old, and fat women that sometime in life were beautiful. In the US I met a lot of very good looking old guys....without so many choices. Good looking women?...sorry..only some of the very young ones I may call beauties.

And....you can try to be "educated" and not want to recognize that beauty is the first thing that men notice in women.... Or not?

Long distance relationships?

Those American men I met several times in the US are ready to come and take a nice Thai woman to the US.

Most educated and/or professional mid age Thai women do not have problems in moving to foreign countries, and even get good jobs there, and...by my own and my friends experiences, even not having problems in getting any foreign visa.

American mid age men are very, really very much interested in meet a nice Thai woman, but it is true that it is not very easy without good connections. The same for Thai women that are looking for suitable foreign men. Sometimes they get lucky when traveling overseas or in business meetings, because most work for foreign companies, earning foreign salaries, and speaking good English.

By the way, 15 years difference in age is normal here and in many countries for mid age people, but it is a lot for very young women. When I was in my 20s, I never even tought in getting married with a 40 plus man, Thai or foreigner. That is also normal thinking here in Thailand with family girls.

Bar girls, and gold diggers, are not the normal here, even if some foreigners do not believe that......Why?

I do not know....but I am just curious about.

My 25 years old daughter not will married a 40 years old.....even if millionaire, Thai or foreigner. She is dating a 30 years old professional, and that is the Thai way....and I believe that it is also the American way.....the European way...the Latino way....

Many honest, hard working and beautiful Thai women are looking for just love....real love. Just look for them in the right places... if you are really interested.

Females are plentiful in The US???? Good ones???, Beautiful ones??? Are you American?

What you stated probably that is true for millionaires, not for my husband and his friends that are successful men but not rich. All them in their sixties and dating old, and fat women that sometime in life were beautiful. In the US I met a lot of very good looking old guys....without so many choices. Good looking women?...sorry..only some of the very young ones I may call beauties.

And....you can try to be "educated" and not want to recognize that beauty is the first thing that men notice in women.... Or not?

Those American men I met several times in the US are ready to come and take a nice Thai woman to the US.

Most educated and/or professional mid age Thai women do not have problems in moving to foreign countries, and even get good jobs there, and...by my own and my friends experiences, even not having problems in getting any foreign visa.

American mid age men are very, really very much interested in meet a nice Thai woman, but it is true that it is not very easy without good connections. The same for Thai women that are looking for suitable foreign men. Sometimes they get lucky when traveling overseas or in business meetings, because most work for foreign companies, earning foreign salaries, and speaking good English.

You've just supported what I've been saying all along. If an older, successful farang man in America wants a much YOUNGER woman, then he would have to go outside America, like Thailand. But if he's content on dating someone his own age, he would be better off to stay in America. A 43 yr old American female and 43 yr old Thai female are largely similar on the attractiveness meter (weight notwithstanding). But if a 43 yr old American man can't even find a decent 43 yr old American woman, well....there's something wrong with the guy.

So we agree, a 60 yr old American man, if he had a choice, would prefer to date someone younger. Or are you suggesting that a 60 yr old American man would want to come to Thailand to find a 60 yr old Thai woman? That I would disagree.

You've just supported what I've been saying all along. If an older, successful farang man in America wants a much YOUNGER woman, then he would have to go outside America, like Thailand. But if he's content on dating someone his own age, he would be better off to stay in America. A 43 yr old American female and 43 yr old Thai female are largely similar on the attractiveness meter (weight notwithstanding). But if a 43 yr old American man can't even find a decent 43 yr old American woman, well....there's something wrong with the guy.

So we agree, a 60 yr old American man, if he had a choice, would prefer to date someone younger. Or are you suggesting that a 60 yr old American man would want to come to Thailand to find a 60 yr old Thai woman? That I would disagree.

Yes But they may be into mature woman

My lassie is 29 years younger then me and I am hitting 50 years in 3 month.

I speak Thai and now Isaan and before I met her I did met many older Thai womans in the age of 35-45 years and we had a great time. Met most on adultfriendfinder from VP's, Bankers, hotel executives to business owners but I would never consider having a child with them or marrying them.

Now I have been faithful for over 4 years and I know I couldn't get a better woman which is caring and not a gold digger.

popsy do you even really need to ask why they want someone young. If these men wanted an asian women closer to their age they would go to korea or japan and find someone who can hold a conversation, has travelled and that they have stuff in common with. Most thai women have never left thailand, can only have a basic conversation with and have very little in common with foreign men.

It's why most foreigners come here, to find a attractive young wife that takes care of them.

I get frightened the amount of guys who come to Thailand age 55 and want a 20 yo, its disgusting

Why is it disgusting? I am 77 and my g/f is 25 and we are quite happy together. I do not spoil her because I have little money to spoil her with. The above lady is quite attractive but could be high maintainance. She might have children in tow as well. My g/f has no kids (I specifically looked for one without kids) and does not want any from me. She speaks good English and does not work (which was one of my 3 priorities) We have been together 3 yrs. now and I am quite happy. She has a heart of gold inner beauty and does not have a selfish bone in her body. Yes I won the love lottery.

Why is it disgusting? I am 77 and my g/f is 25 and we are quite happy together. I do not spoil her because I have little money to spoil her with. The above lady is quite attractive but could be high maintainance. She might have children in tow as well. My g/f has no kids (I specifically looked for one without kids) and does not want any from me. She speaks good English and does not work (which was one of my 3 priorities) We have been together 3 yrs. now and I am quite happy. She has a heart of gold inner beauty and does not have a selfish bone in her body. Yes I won the love lottery.

apparently your ages are outside the acceptable marriage calculator range specified by the thaivisa Council for Marital Affairs. Please return your winnings from the Love Lotto and you will be reimbursed with a 60 year old of your choice as a courtesy..

It's a mutual agreement,and not for the ultra sensitive,such as your self, to get "frightened" over,or lose any sleep either!

Most western men and almost all western women genuinely balk at age-gap relationships. It's abnormal based on their culture. But such relationships, similar to interracial couples, are frowned upon by traditional societies everywhere. I believe secretly many older men desire younger women, for sex and companionship, and would be happy long term together as such if not their societal stigma associated with age-gap. But even within various countries in Asia, how many older Asian men are seen coupled with younger Asian women, lots! Go your own path, follow your heart and live happily as best you can. Listen to society too much and risk living miserably. IMO

Just be Frank How much for short time? and all night?

Make your offer... She is no longer in position to command a price.

OP :I hope you have your friend's consent to post her photo here. Maybe she requested you to do it, but you started by down selling others. I understand that this is not a dating site but just only if you have tweaked the title a bit : Sincere and honest single mother looking for a companion. Follow by a honest introduction I believe you can help her find some friends in this forum.

My lassie is 29 years younger then me and I am hitting 50 years in 3 month.

I speak Thai and now Isaan and before I met her I did met many older Thai womans in the age of 35-45 years and we had a great time. Met most on adultfriendfinder from VP's, Bankers, hotel executives to business owners but I would never consider having a child with them or marrying them.

Now I have been faithful for over 4 years and I know I couldn't get a better woman which is caring and not a gold digger.

Umm...you are currently 49, she's 20. And you've been faithful to her for 4 years. Met her when she was 16?

After 3 relationships with Thai women I would never consider another one. They look nice but most have the curiosity and logic of a gold fish, they are just too shallow. After the novelty wears off their main interests in life of food, family, shopping and fb/line tends to become boring.

Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?

beauty is only skin deep, as kid creole said; if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife...

intelligence is an attractive asset, however there is more to a successful relationship, especially a cross cultural one, than beauty and intelligence.

for example, effective communication, mutual respect, compromise, honesty, taking responsibility and realistic expectations

Beauty is skin deep? I think you'll find that a silicon nose and tits are a little deeper than a layer of skin.

Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?

beauty is only skin deep, as kid creole said; if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife...

intelligence is an attractive asset, however there is more to a successful relationship, especially a cross cultural one, than beauty and intelligence.

for example, effective communication, mutual respect, compromise, honesty, taking responsibility and realistic expectations

Samsensam got it almost right.....the couple need that connection and chemistry too.

From my own experiences Thai women's aged 30 to 38 appear much more willing to give it a go, my own take on this age group is that there more with it in all departments, nothing wrong with the older women but again my thoughts are they often lack English, often far more busy due to career or family and probable one too many relationship issues in the past that leaves a scare.

Zeichen: It's a good thing that having your respect is as useful as a one legged race dog, many of my mates are happily married to Thais.

Divorced women are 'damaged goods' in your superior judgment?

'Most expats are looking for a servant'?

You sound like a real nationalist from the 1930's *cue the boots stomping

"if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife..."

That's flawed mate.

If she is supremely beautiful [a pretty women], and you are her match, then you are wrong.

That's a sweeping generalisation but perhaps not so here in Thailand.

For example; my wife is a former Top 10 Miss Thailand when she was 20 years.

She is now 37 and I am 7 years older.

My lovely wife is middle class BKK with her head and heart well grounded.

Even at 37, all men are quite taken by her natural beauty and elegance. What supersedes this is her absolute heart of gold.

Beautiful girls want good looking fit guys. The smarts, ideals, and future wishes must be compatible also.

"Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?[/i]".

Truth be told, most men here do not have enough of "it" to be compatible with a beautiful intelligent older women.

As I've previously stated in another thread;

Mediocrity will go for less or same.

Older men will accept a younger lower class girl because she'll be good in bed but that's about it.

Deep down, most here know the girls are in it short to intermediate term, and many men are wincing every time the wallet lightens.

Side note: I do have quite a chuckle when younger white guys try and pick up my wife in Central Lad Phrao and find she is older than they are. Two of the guys I spoke with after were quite taken by her beauty and disposition. The older guys stare, but are afraid to approach.

It's that mediocrity thing.

You catching my drift?

Communication and cultural differences will definitely present challenges but similar likeminded people will have their relationships prevail.

Age, common goals and aspirations are generally prerequisites.

Many have posted well on topic, some haven't.

Berkshire hit the nail on the head in most respects.

Thaipopsy; you stated that you have previously met some good looking, reasonably successful men in America?

Berkshire replied in saying that they are perhaps lacking in some other way.

I agree. Many of the over 50's here are just average Joe's. It can be seen in the way they walk, dress and present themselves; no great personal characteristics that make them competitive in the "making it with the chicks" stakes. (Berkshire, forgive me if I'm misrepresenting)

It appears I'm being derogatory, but it is the case.

So...many of those guys came here seeking what they couldn't really get or satisfy at home.

They have one major ingredient missing but have the good fortune of buying it here.

Yes, it's a generalisation but more often than not, true. That then limits an older girls potential at realising a suitable and compatible foreign mate here in Thailand.

Note also there is a disproportionate number of phuying's to phuchai's. That also doesn't help the older women.

Communication and cultural differences will definitely present challenges but similar likeminded people will have their relationships prevail.

As my mrs says 99% of Thai women only marry falang for security, 99% of falang marry for sex and companionship, not like minded at all but a payoff.

As my mrs says 99% of Thai women only marry falang for security, 99% of falang marry for sex and companionship, not like minded at all but a payoff.

Not 99% mate but yes, likely in the 90's.

Those that are well partnered I've seen and know, are in strong BKK suburban suburbs away from Suk. I can't comment on elsewhere.

Again, there are good looking well-heeled compatible couples. They are about, albeit rarely, just not where near all of the expats call home, hence why they are rarely seen and noted.

Archived