Thai woman opinion about foreigners looking for love...

thaipopsy

Most 20-25 year old girls that marry 50-60 year old dudes entertain young local/farang cock on the side.

Haha best kept secret in Thailand......Have had a few mamasans in the bar beers tell me about 80 % of their girls have a Thai guy on the side while they are busy lining up farang sponsors.. One mamasan was laughing at how stupid the farangs were, and how clever the Thai girls were . I interjected by saying if the Thai girls were going with farangs, and the Thai girl was turning her money over to her Thai boyfriend so he could go to karaoke night, it looked to me like the Thai man was the clever one. She never spoke to me again.............

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as the OP... she sounds like too much baggage and attitude for me.

There's a way things should be and there's a way things are.

The social, age, educational and especially cultural differences of thai/farang relationship pose series challenges. Most will not succeed as true loving marriages. There will be the underlying security for the thai woman and she will stay only for that, the smart ones take the farang for everything he's got.

Realistically I agree with a thai woman doctor that told me, the reputation here is quick love or as she put it, 'easy come, easy go'.

She said a lot of the girls don't even know what true love is...

I'll continue to date while I live here, because I can and there is the saying, I used her and she used me. It's usually fun until the stupidity, jealousy and lack of rational forward thinking appear.

I've had more meaningful relationships with the filipina.

Very well said, mate. Couldn't agree more. Especially on that last one.

This doctor, did she mean quick love is the norm for Thai girls with any man or just with foreigners? One thing I've noticed here is many of the Thai girls that date foreigners have some tale about a lone Thai man that broke their heart and ruined them on Thai men forever. Yet these same girls will date foreigner after foreigner who often times do them the same or worse than any Thai man ever has or would. Which kinda tells me the feeling with foreigners just isn't the same. The heart is not in it.

I would have to agree with that. I have been told many times by Thai girls that only a Thai man can break the heart of a Thai girl. A farang that speaks ten words of Thai and is only good for supplying money is simply not going to break her heart. If a farang leaves a Thai girl, her sadness is the same as if her prized buffalo jumped the fence and ran away to another pasture..... :-)

The social, age, educational and especially cultural differences of thai/farang relationship pose series challenges. Most will not succeed as true loving marriages. There will be the underlying security for the thai woman and she will stay only for that, the smart ones take the farang for everything he's got.

Realistically I agree with a thai woman doctor that told me, the reputation here is quick love or as she put it, 'easy come, easy go'.

I'll continue to date while I live here, because I can and there is the saying, I used her and she used me. It's usually fun until the stupidity, jealousy and lack of rational forward thinking appear.

This doctor, did she mean quick love is the norm for Thai girls with any man or just with foreigners? One thing I've noticed here is many of the Thai girls that date foreigners have some tale about a lone Thai man that broke their heart and ruined them on Thai men forever. Yet these same girls will date foreigner after foreigner who often times do them the same or worse than any Thai man ever has or would. Which kinda tells me the feeling with foreigners just isn't the same. The heart is not in it.

I would have to agree with that. I have been told many times by Thai girls that only a Thai man can break the heart of a Thai girl. A farang that speaks ten words of Thai and is only good for supplying money is simply not going to break her heart. If a farang leaves a Thai girl, her sadness is the same as if her prized buffalo jumped the fence and ran away to another pasture..... :-)

And I agree with them. I married my husband because we had good understanding and comunication. He do not do speak a word in Thai, but my English is good enough to make love, to have good time, to have fun, and to fighingt and argumenting knowing what we are doing and why.

For a farang to date or married a Thai woman without means of comunication, only if love is not the main reason. Love and care cannot be possible without understanding, Most honest women are more seduced with sweet talk, than sex or money.

There is a lot of truth in what you're saying, and in a rather profound way. I've seen much of the same. Even in relatively successful farang/Thai couples that I've seen, I often wonder if she really loves him or simply loves the lifestyle that she's been given. With a Thai guy, a Thai woman can fully give her heart unconditionally. But with a farang, she just mostly gives her body. This communication thing is much more important than most understand. I speak pretty good Thai, but I simply can't compete with an articulate Thai guy. It doesn't matter if I have more money. That's why I don't buy it when Thai women tell me they "no like Thai man." They're just telling me what they think I want to hear. But it's really not true.

Truth to tell, she older and divorced and much of this is why being married to a foreigner becomes appealing. Thai men won't touch such a woman. Add children snd forget it.

Most men want to marry younger. Men look for beauty and women look for comfort and hopefully both look for compatibility.

I'm 54, I doubt Id be married if I had to marry a woman 50+. In fact, Id sworn off marriage entirely until I met my now wife, six yrs ago. She is 15 yrs younger and when in the US gets "carded" when alcohol is involved.

I wouldn't marry a 50yo farang women either, but far, far less likely for sooooo many reasons.

Another issue....marriage involves money, especially in Thailand. Everything I buy after marriage is half hers. So you best know and love your partner. Its not just the bar girks that are in on scamming foreigners out of their life savings and passport. The Internet and women just like your friend are doing a great job.

Having said that, Id be perfectly open to having a relationship with possibly a ceremony with an attractive, divorced Thai woman for which we are compatible. In fact, there are loads of them and Id tell all the single guys here to get out of the bars and massage joints and go find one. Its sooooo easy.

My wife has a friend who is a tour guide for Thais in Japan. 40 and pretty. Asbwellnas a few others.

Another huge issue: kids! Money problems!

Finally, your friend imo looks a bit mercenary but good luck.

How many of these women did their husbands get bored with due to lack of interest in sex on the woman's part?! That's instant divorce in my book.

Older Thai women are warming to farang after their Thai husbands have putthem out to pasture. Yeah, its better to marry in your culture for many reasons but...

Marrying a foreigner is far more interesting, by and large they will be far more loyal, there is potential path to gtfo of Thailand, dual passport and to inherit money insuring a tranquil life in old age. *Westetn notion of love and committment.

There is a lot of truth in what you're saying, and in a rather profound way. I've seen much of the same. Even in relatively successful farang/Thai couples that I've seen, I often wonder if she really loves him or simply loves the lifestyle that she's been given. With a Thai guy, a Thai woman can fully give her heart unconditionally. But with a farang, she just mostly gives her body. This communication thing is much more important than most understand. I speak pretty good Thai, but I simply can't compete with an articulate Thai guy. It doesn't matter if I have more money. That's why I don't buy it when Thai women tell me they "no like Thai man." They're just telling me what they think I want to hear. But it's really not true.

This is bar talk "I don't like Thai man". The first thing you need to do is remove yourself from the tramps. Been hanging out in bars for age, use it to your advantage. When you hear words, jargon you might here in a bar spoken by a new friend, run. Still, tons of women on Internet freelancers, massage girls you might meet on Internet. You need to suss that out more keenly. How to they treat and care for you. This is ez too. You can tell if "service" is instinctual and not simply in that lovely, Yhai female way.

Ive never bern married until I met my wife. Came close. Through time Id sworn it off completely. I know I have the ability to break my wifes heart and this should become clear to all men. We all squabble. Does the thought of living without you make her emotional? Does the thought of living without her give you a jolt in your ass? This is not a test, I'm just sayin...

In the end, you know if its love, you know if she is truly your partner.

My wife works for her own money, my parents in law are hard working simple folk. I've grown to respect them immensel. I give to help the family when I wish, for what I wish in the smount that I desire so....I do this because it seems right by my culture and standards, NOT out of any test or witholding.

A foreigner can find "true love" here and anywhere really. Me, I decided that being married was a better lifestyle and if nothing else, a different lifestyle that Id enjoy for the next 15 years and appreciate fully the following 15.

My advice is to find an unmarried woman over 30, college, steady job making 15k+. If she's ambitious, great. You should have interests, yeah YOU!! Let interest snd activities guide you to a partner. Get off the Internet!

Consider a divorcee as well, but tread carefully if it involves legal marriage. You need not marry a divorce, they should be happy to be with you and your support. Any divorce, Any country incl my home country.

Of course, if you are divorced you should lower the bar and def incl divorcees, but advice abt nit marrying remain same.

As much as I can know, my wife loves me with all her heart. We have big adventures planed in our lives that will take money but are not about a fancy lifestyle or acquiring things or homes - but that too will come in time.

Ask yourself, what is the core basis of your marriage or relationship. The answer whether she loves you truly or you csn - break her heart is all around you.

Plenty of western gold diggers as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I get frightened the amount of guys who come to Thailand age 55 and want a 20 yo, its disgusting

If you are frightened by that, you brought wherever the hell yer from with you. Why did you bother to travel all the way here if you wanted just what your culture offers. I came here to look at a different culture, eat different food, adapt to new surroundings. I find those who preach the "This is how it is where I come from so you all should improve yourselfs & yer country by being more like My country"

to be very closed minded & set in their ways. "55 year old men with 20 year old women??? DISGUSTING????????"

Sorry pal why did you bother travelling at all? Or should I suggest that you are a very likely a 55 year old western women that can' pull dudes any more

and are "frightened by living out yer years without a signifigant other"... to treat men the way western womens do.

Altho people that closed minded are usually suffering from "Cognitive Dissonance"

(That means those who are unable to accept well proven little facts that poke holes in their questionable faith

{ meaning beliefs that you know are false but accept as true} based larger theorys)

I will briefly explain a truth you will hate anyway...

My mechanic has knowlege tools & capabilities that are useful to me. He may or may not be able to cook.

I don't care. When I need (or want) mechanical work done, He will get a visit. And some of my cash

The lady who makes my somtam, makes very good somtam, and has a convienient location, nice roof, nice enough seating

when I need (OR want Somtam) SHe will get a visit. And some of my cash.

If I have a sore back, neck, or ALMOST any other bodily part,

the large older woman, or wiry older man at the temple have the neccesary skills (without frills) and will get some of my cash

These are examples of value for value transactions. I have many more.

some 55 year old western women have uses to me depending on their Knowledge, tools & capabilities.

many of the parts in the play that is life they apply for they are not qualifyed for.

Actors with appropriate qualifications will fill those roles.

Have a nice day

Who are you (?) to pass judgement on Legal behaviour that has been an accepted part of the culture of the land for at least several hundred years.

If both parties to the relationship are willing participants, and both get something out of it, I personally applaud.

I think it's just a biological thing that older blokes want to score with younger girls or have a trophy wife. We're trading our money for youth and at the same time feeling good about our sexual prowess. Maybe we are kidding ourselves, but that is the urge we feel.

A younger girl wants security, free from worries about money, and to feel important among her peers. An older man is more likely to have the money behind him to help her achieve this.

In Thai culture, on older woman is meant to devote herself to her family and put aside thoughts of sex or marriage. It is rare in Thai society for older Thai people to get married, it seems to be frowned upon.

However, ferangs are outside Thai culture and we can do many things that it would be hard for a Thai bloke our age to do. It is socially acceptable to a family for a younger girl to marry an older ferang assuming he can and will contribute to the family.

It happens in all societies - older blokes with money and/or power chase younger girls. Younger girls are attracted to blokes with power or money. It just so happens that Thailand is accessible to many older blokes and the money barrier is much lower than western countries.

I myself am 56 and am married to a Thai lady who is 54. I've never been interested in Thai ladies much younger than myself. I'd prefer someone who who has experienced life, is independent, knows their mind and is mature in body and outlook. I want someone who has been divorced a few times and had children, like me. A Thai woman of 50 is more physically sexy than a girl of 20 simply because of that maturity (to me). I can understand why so many older blokes go for younger women. But everyone is different. I'm sure there are plenty of blokes like me who find they are likely to have more in common, and have a more interesting time, with someone close to their own age and experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Thaipopsy -What I do not understand is about couples with 25 years or more difference in age, and without any good language skills. And women talk..a lot in Thailand...more than in western countries...with all details, and we know what is happening in those marriages. Very sad, but we keep smiling.

It's really simple & nothing evil either..........She is young & with 25 years difference she will still be quite young when he dies. She will then probably have a nice house, car, business or income. He on the other hand has enjoyed the company & the sex with an attractive younger woman. It works both ways here. The important thing is this, that they aren't hurting anyone & it's up to them.

Berkshire, I'm now doubting Ms Popsy will come clean.

Perhaps the thread should be closed down if no word from her?

Hard to say who's for real and who's not anymore. Just don't understand why someone would start a thread and just disappear. Unless they're trolling....

Sorry guys...I do not have so much time to be looking at this forum, that sometimes is interesting. My husband do. I work very hard and 7 days a week, something you do when working in an own business. My husband just take care of the home, the garden, fishing by the lake, and meeting friends..and cooking many times. He is a wonderful cook! He do not feel bad that I make more money than him. Me neither. We have enough to have a nice life. He is 15 years older than myself, that is very common age difference for couples in this country. My first Thai husband was 12 years older than me. I am happy that I found a good "farang", a smart one, because between Thai and foreigners the problem is the language. Without a good communication love cannot exist. My husband is a very good looking old guy, strong and funny. He makes me laugh all the times because we like to have fun. And he is a fantastic lover too.

But, most important, we are craze in love.

What I do not understand is about couples with 25 years or more difference in age, and without any good language skills. And women talk..a lot in Thailand...more than in western countries...with all details, and we know what is happening in those marriages. Very sad, but we keep smiling.

Good to see you return and respond.

Glad to hear your in such a Happy relationship and "crazy in love" but your question for your friend was ."Do you think that she will only have to look in a lot older men?"

Then you go on to say your husband is 15 years olderblink.png .....so what is the cutoff for the age gap....15, 18, ...20 years? Obviously you think 25 years is way to old!

Since your friend is 43 It would seem, according to you, that a husband of 58-60 would be OK......so what's the problem....she's damaged goods (married before, older, etc)....

AND if a man 58-60 is OK ...then what's the problem with a man who is in shape, witty, and charming who is 70 years or older. Is it the age difference of 25 or more years you find repulsive?....Putting an age gap limitation seems to part of her problem....the other part, as I have posted earlier, is her checklist of must have's (which I am sure she has) ..

My advice is to get rid of the checklist, including the age gap limitation, .......live her life and if she finds love....greatthumbsup.gif

The Thai guy, the first husband, was a smart guy.. think about.. high maintenance Bee ocha ee..

Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?

beauty is only skin deep, as kid creole said; if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife...

intelligence is an attractive asset, however there is more to a successful relationship, especially a cross cultural one, than beauty and intelligence.

for example, effective communication, mutual respect, compromise, honesty, taking responsibility and realistic expectations

"if you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty women your wife..."

That's flawed mate.

If she is supremely beautiful [a pretty women], and you are her match, then you are wrong.

That's a sweeping generalisation but perhaps not so here in Thailand.

For example; my wife is a former Top 10 Miss Thailand when she was 20 years.

She is now 37 and I am 7 years older.

My lovely wife is middle class BKK with her head and heart well grounded.

Even at 37, all men are quite taken by her natural beauty and elegance. What supersedes this is her absolute heart of gold.

Beautiful girls want good looking fit guys. The smarts, ideals, and future wishes must be compatible also.

"Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?[/i]".

Truth be told, most men here do not have enough of "it" to be compatible with a beautiful intelligent older women.

As I've previously stated in another thread;

Mediocrity will go for less or same.

Older men will accept a younger lower class girl because she'll be good in bed but that's about it.

Deep down, most here know the girls are in it short to intermediate term, and many men are wincing every time the wallet lightens.

Side note: I do have quite a chuckle when younger white guys try and pick up my wife in Central Lad Phrao and find she is older than they are. Two of the guys I spoke with after were quite taken by her beauty and disposition. The older guys stare, but are afraid to approach.

It's that mediocrity thing.

You catching my drift?

How much surgery has she had?

when I was a teenager I enjoyed spending time with the older women. I learnt pretty quickly that you should not get caught if they are married and managed to avoid that pitfall myself. The 40 year old in the picture is bangable, not sure what that has to do with here intelligence though.

your friend would be best off doing the cougar route and seducing younger men who want a woman who's a bit older and who has some finance.

when it comes to older men wanting something younger a lot of the time it is to get to grips with ayounger body, one that is not all saggy, wrinkly and stuff, real boobs being better than fakes etc.

There are a lot of semi-literate people posting their poorly thought out and even more poorly constructed arguments here. Most of them are making judgments about older men dating young Thai girls.

I was under the impression that most people who live here do so because they prefer the liberal attitude to relationships and were bored of the cynical, judgmental and biased ageism that proliferates in the west. It seems that some people bring their provincial, stultifying and desperate little resentments with them.

Frankly, unless one spends time in places like Pattaya and Patong Beach the sight of mixed couples is quite rare. Of course, a wander down any of the red light sois will reveal foreigners with hookers but that is a different thing entirely.

The notion that a 55 yr old man prefers to have relationships only with young women is a false one, in my opinion. By middle age many men have been there, sexually, and got the proverbial T-shirt. Sex is easy to find in any part of the world if a man has any 'game' whatsoever. If he hasn't then it's a lot easier to find here in Thailand but why should he be castigated?

So it is unlikely that a mature man will be unaware that 'lust does not last', certainly not into a long relationship and therefore does not base or stake his life on a young girl's looks. The woman in the picture is perfectly charming but what is she like?

Who says that an older woman is more interesting than a young one? Sometimes relationships spring up almost by accident. Mine certainly did. I was absolutely not looking for a younger woman and never have either in the west or here but have never found a woman close to my own age who was not emotionally cynical and immature, often generalising a bad experience or marriage to 'all men are bastards' and who wants to listen to that?

I do not find Thai women any more submissive than western women. I think that is something western women like to use to beat men with when they see them with Thai girls.

In essence, don't judge, any kind of love is okay, old, young, we are all similar and all different, don't generalise.

I know I'll get so much hate for this...

I believe in the half-your-age-plus-seven rule with regards to maximum age disparities in sexual relationships.

It should be made a law and replace the age of consent (effectively making the age of consent 14, permissible only between two 14-year-olds).

I don't like seeing old men with young women or old women with young men.

In my defense, I am a young man.violin.gif

There are a lot of semi-literate people posting their poorly thought out and even more poorly constructed arguments here. Most of them are making judgments about older men dating young Thai girls.

I was under the impression that most people who live here do so because they prefer the liberal attitude to relationships and were bored of the cynical, judgmental and biased ageism that proliferates in the west. It seems that some people bring their provincial, stultifying and desperate little resentments with them.

Frankly, unless one spends time in places like Pattaya and Patong Beach the sight of mixed couples is quite rare. Of course, a wander down any of the red light sois will reveal foreigners with hookers but that is a different thing entirely.

The notion that a 55 yr old man prefers to have relationships only with young women is a false one, in my opinion. By middle age many men have been there, sexually, and got the proverbial T-shirt. Sex is easy to find in any part of the world if a man has any 'game' whatsoever. If he hasn't then it's a lot easier to find here in Thailand but why should he be castigated?

So it is unlikely that a mature man will be unaware that 'lust does not last', certainly not into a long relationship and therefore does not base or stake his life on a young girl's looks. The woman in the picture is perfectly charming but what is she like?

Who says that an older woman is more interesting than a young one? Sometimes relationships spring up almost by accident. Mine certainly did. I was absolutely not looking for a younger woman and never have either in the west or here but have never found a woman close to my own age who was not emotionally cynical and immature, often generalising a bad experience or marriage to 'all men are bastards' and who wants to listen to that?

I do not find Thai women any more submissive than western women. I think that is something western women like to use to beat men with when they see them with Thai girls.

In essence, don't judge, any kind of love is okay, old, young, we are all similar and all different, don't generalise.

not sure if that was aimed at my post or not, but older women sexual activity peaks in 40s while for men its around 18 19, hence it works very well on both sides, older female finds insatiable younger man with a hunger that goes on and on and on and on, younger man satisfied by all the quality sex and egostroking from older woman. it works for both and scientific too, on the sexual peak bit at least. women get to be a bit of a predator, and younger man gets to feel is stud and done the seducing bit.

weren't talking about love which is according to some theories just chemistry , symmetry, fertility etc or more cynically some sort of compatability or tolerance

I believe in the half-your-age-plus-seven rule with regards to maximum age disparities in sexual relationships.

It should be made a law and replace the age of consent (effectively making the age of consent 14, permissible only between two 14-year-olds).

If you don't like it, then when you're old don't go for a young girl. Don't ruin other people's party.

There is still hope for some. Older Thai woman over 30 to 45 have more feninimity are more gentle, have a greater warmth,tend to be more grounded. Have a more healty relationship with there Farang partner.

Get a 21 year old with a 50 plus farang and yes it is a relationship of sex for money your just not paying a bar fine. Get real Guys for a 35 to 50 plus there will be less problems but a 21 to 50 plus there will be problems.

If you happen to be 50 years old you can still get a modest 21 year old girl who won't empty your wallet, you just need to stop looking in the wrong places.

Cambodia has a nice amount of traditional girls, Vietnam does in the highlands, and have you ever heard of Laos and Myanmar?

Obviously someone from a bar in Pattaya is going to use you, and so will these tradtional girls, but they aren't even 1/4 as expensive.

In Thailand sin sod can be as high as 500,000 baht. In rural Laos you can find dowries of just $200 USD.

Dear TV posters,

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thais and Farangs.

Thanks for many good posts. Some are brilliant, all are clever and have some merit.

I would like you all to consider this:

Please stop talking, thinking and trying to characterise "Thai women" or "Farang men".

All the women in the world are of the same nature. Equally all the men in the world are of the same nature. Period.

Anything else goes and many of you have made valid points.

Have fun. Cheers.biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's not so much about beauty. There are lots of beautiful middle aged women all over. It's about them being an absolute pain in the ass! The younger girls got a lot less baggage and I know in my case it's been great! Maybe the older Thai women are different but I doubt it and those of us that have been through the wars with the older gals, all I can say is life is too short!

• 2 years later...

she is attractive and i tend to have someone my own age down to 10 years younger,

i think she has a good chance finding a falang if that is what she wants.

a woman has to be very pushy, obvious, and initiative to get me anywhere.

i have no idea how common a man i am

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 12:52 AM, Hornyskunk said:

Missed it by that much.(2 yrs)..Chief

On 5/1/2015 at 10:57 AM, thaipopsy said:

Why foreigners in Thailand do not appreciate much the beauty and intelligence of an older women?

An example? My friend Alya, 43 years old, 1,65 m, 55 Kilos, pictured below. Divorced for few years now, independent, traveled, speaking 3 languages fluently, looking for a foreigner....Do you think that she will only have to look in a lot older men?

Answer = BIOLOGY.

Quite a lot of men know about fertility and menopause.

After 40, she won't be having any babies, who want's an infertile woman?

In the near future she will become unbearable during menopause, what man will endure that?

Not to mention the older women aren't any cheaper than the  younger women.

Might as well have a University student, she can have babies and menopause is a long way off.

Answer = BAGGAGE

Older women have lots of it, children, debt, failed relationships.

If a woman hasn't managed to keep a man when she was young (BPD), why would we want her when she's old?

Answer (Ayla) = WEIGHT

55Kg is way too big, I wouldn't consider a woman over 50Kg.

She must have a massive droopy gut on her.

On 5/1/2015 at 11:47 AM, lovelomsak said:

In IMHO most men who marry in Thailand like the submissiveness of a younger thai woman. Beauty is only skin deep and gets boring real quick. I have it found it hard to find a woman in Thailand who can carry an intelligent conversation. Many times it starts good but falls apart because of their lack of worldliness, and brain washing. My wife who is 20 years younger than me answers all my questions with a question. Example 'Are young hungry?" reply "Are you hungry?". " Do you want pizza?" reply "Do you want Pizza?" We cannot discuss home planning doesnot have a clue about planning absolutely anything.Gets angry when I try to do. Things like preparing for university for the children is dismissed as will deal with it when the times come and I will just pay.But she is 45 kilos and has the body of a young woman. And smiles a lot and we laugh a lot life is care free and fun. We live life without a care and enjoy company for companies sake. She has simple tastes easy to please. Small village girl with little expectations. Very, very affordable not an expensive woman to have around. Men compromise for happiness.

I found most women here who feel they have something going for them in Thailand be it looks, job, or even just the top mobile phone and a car, are difficult to be around. they all want to be princesses.Not the type you go out and have a bowl of noodles with at the local shop. If you take them out must be to a place that is new and expensive, even if they do eat noodles when they are there.

You want to know what men are looking for well here goes. Submissive,kind,fun,easy going and easy on the eyes. Like I tell my wife the less you demand the more you get. The happier our life the more you get. The easier our life the more you get. I tell her I wouldnot have married someone who expects a lot and gives a little. She asks nothing and appreciates all I give her.Many princesses offer nothing and demand to be treated special.

Forgot to add the wife speaks 3 languages also. Thai,Loa and English

Intellectual stimulation is way, way overrated, in a trait for a wife. Granted, even though my Thai wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. 

When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. 

In the US, many people I speak to say their woman was a better version of herself before they got married. In my case, my wife seems to be more secure in her role of wife, than she was as a girlfriend. Also, since I did not want to have children, marrying her was an honor I brought to her and her family, by showing my earnestness and my long term commitment to her. Since then, she is even more delightful, lighthearted, and loving. And she is very devoted to me, as I am to her. 

In terms of the states, nearly everyone I know in the states tells me that their wives do not try as hard, once they are married. That the motivation to be all they can be just sort of disappears. I can see if for myself. They often do not seem the same as they were before. And this especially applies once the kids were born, though that might happen here, to some extent too. Fortunately, I do not know about that part of the equation. Here, I do not see that happening. For some reason, the cultural differences allow the women here to be a greater version of themselves. Does that make sense? I realize if you are a Western woman, it is not easy reading this stuff. And certainly this does not apply to everyone, either here or there. Some in the west are just exceptional, and capable to rising against the tide. But, it does apply to most, from my point of view.

When I was living in the states, I tried dating women my own age, or nearly my age. Nearly every one of them were less energetic than I am, less motivated to try new things, less open minded, less passionate about their lives, more established, and therefore incapable of even a three day trip, that was spontaneous, without a great deal of planning, set in their ways, and alot less fun to be around than younger women. I really did try. But I find a younger woman and I, to be far more compatible. To each his own. But even now, I notice my friends who are trying to establish relationships with women over 40, to be having a hard time, due to their lack of an open mind, and know it all attitude. For the most part. Of course this does not apply to everyone. But, it seems to apply to many.

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Intellectual stimulation is way, way overrated, in a trait for a wife. Granted, even though my Thai wife is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. 

When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling. Great advice, that I have followed to this day. 

In the US, many people I speak to say their woman was a better version of herself before they got married. In my case, my wife seems to be more secure in her role of wife, than she was as a girlfriend. Also, since I did not want to have children, marrying her was an honor I brought to her and her family, by showing my earnestness and my long term commitment to her. Since then, she is even more delightful, lighthearted, and loving. And she is very devoted to me, as I am to her. 

In terms of the states, nearly everyone I know in the states tells me that their wives do not try as hard, once they are married. That the motivation to be all they can be just sort of disappears. I can see if for myself. They often do not seem the same as they were before. And this especially applies once the kids were born, though that might happen here, to some extent too. Fortunately, I do not know about that part of the equation. Here, I do not see that happening. For some reason, the cultural differences allow the women here to be a greater version of themselves. Does that make sense? I realize if you are a Western woman, it is not easy reading this stuff. And certainly this does not apply to everyone, either here or there. Some in the west are just exceptional, and capable to rising against the tide. But, it does apply to most, from my point of view.

What a great post.

I am so unattractive to western women after being here.  Physically and emotionally.

Another thing they use sex as a tool.  Eventually convincing males that it is not necessary in a relationship.

Manipulative much more then here.

I think lovelomsak should stick with what he's got.

Archived