Mystery over ‘dumped’ Russian man in Rayong

Rayong:- A post on YouLike Facebook page about a Russian man being dumped by his Thai girlfriend became a hot topic.

Debates centered around questions why the Russian embassy could not send him home and who should be blamed for the separation as well as why he would not seek a temporary job and why his family would not help him.

YouLike admin posted the story on behalf of a user, identified only as “@khaophote”.

post-87022-0-31642000-1430530887_thumb.j

[Photo credit: YouLike/@Khaophote]

The story, which is illustrated with photos, said a Russian man, called Alex, would like to return to his motherland. His ex-Thai girlfriend asked him to open a beauty shop for her but after he ran out of the money, the woman left.

The story added that Alex offered to sell the beauty shop but no one would like to buy it so he had to gradually sell the equipment in the shop. The post said a woman, who owns a foods shop next door, has been giving him free meals for two months already.

The post said Alex has been to the Russian embassy but the embassy could not send him home. @Khaophote said she was herself puzzled why the embassy could not help him.

She posted the mobile phone number of woman, Aunt Phon, who provided foods and accommodation for the man, in case someone would like to help him.

The post was made on Thursday and it has been liked over 65,700 times and shared by over 4,100 times.

Sympathy poured in and the unidentified woman came under strong criticisms for damaging the country’s image – once again.

But several skeptics wondered why the embassy and his family can’t help him. They wondered whether the man was lazy and refused to work, prompting the woman to leave him.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"but after he ran out of the money, the woman left."

Oh, the shock and surprise at that. I can only wonder if something like that has every happened to any other man here in Thailand?

cheesy.gif

Along with most other countries....

why dont they organise a whip round to send him home. its strange the embassy wont help and i just find it hard to believe his girlfriend would leave him because of money issues .i feel sorry for him.

why dont they organise a whip round to send him home. its strange the embassy wont help and i just find it hard to believe his girlfriend would leave him because of money issues .i feel sorry for him.

The embassies will never help. The Australian and British Embassies will tell you to take a hike faster than asking a bar girl for a dollar.

Regardless of his story or whether he is lazy or not he still brings me great hope.

I was just watching the usual hollywood offering which shows the Russians as the bad guys and thinking to myself, " I wonder if anyone believes this propaganda" and then along comes this guy. Not significantly any different from the rest of us poor bums.

I hope it works out for him. Maybe the world has a chance yet.

Whilst I do feel sorry for him, the reason he cannot go home is because he spent all his money.

It does not matter what he spent his money on, no matter if it was giving to to a girl or whatever. He allowed himself to run out of money, everyone should have a reserve which is enough money to get a flight home.

I don't know anything about this particular man, but normally in these cases there is more to the story than is reported.

You can't really blame the girl, he financed her while he could and when she realised he had no more money she made a commercial decision...

Moral of story, always have a return ticket !! Oh, by the way, a little self discipline helps. Like John Wayne said "Life is difficult and if you are stupid it is very difficult or was it worse", anyway you get the message.

"but after he ran out of the money, the woman left."

Oh, the shock and surprise at that. I can only wonder if something like that has every happened to any other man here in Thailand?

cheesy.gif

The post said a woman, who owns a foods shop next door, has been giving him free meals for two months already.

Obviously Just1Voice has not read the other part. Tunnelvision when it comes to bashing Thais. I am not sure about the JustVision

childish.. here comes a relatively young russian, being stupid, being dumped. This happens in Greece Sweden USA Britain and Australia amongst all ladies.. It is all about the money when lack of love is involved....

We are talking about naive unexperienced guys, that should have a return-ticket in their pocket as a must!!!!

This is a story has has been repeated thousands of times here in Thailand and all over the world.,

and the guy should be on his way home by now I think......

Glegolo

Why on earth would he put everything he had into a business with no backup funds? I think this guy needs to go back home asap. Now he doesn't even have enough to buy some common sense.

No man is forced to give all his money, this astounds me......... Why is this different to a farang man with a farang wife, who's taken him to the cleaners..... Iv met many a man in Thailand who's farang wife, has ripped him to shreds financially..

Thats why i wear a plane ticket around my neck. The 3 baht chain would always get enough for a return ticket if it should be ever needed. I cannot see that happening as keep access to a decent amount I keep offshore of Thailand. But my ticket is always being worn in case.

childish.. here comes a relatively young russian, being stupid, being dumped. This happens in Greece Sweden USA Britain and Australia amongst all ladies.. It is all about the money when lack of love is involved....

We are talking about naive unexperienced guys, that should have a return-ticket in their pocket as a must!!!!

This is a story has has been repeated thousands of times here in Thailand and all over the world.,

and the guy should be on his way home by now I think......

Glegolo

Does he actually want to go home?

"They wondered whether the man was lazy and refused to work, prompting the woman to leave him."

Work without WP, do all those responding know anything about their country laws?

Naturally they don't know. They look really surprised every time when I tell them how things works for foreigners (visa, 90 day reporting, work permit, no land ownership, etc.).

To be fair, before marrying (in Thailand), I didn't know anything about my country's immigration rules either.

"His ex-Thai girlfriend"

What is she, now that she's not Thai?

I never go grammar Nazi on fellow posters, but this reporter does this for a living, for pity's sake!

Ok Dr Goebbels: how would you like to express that concept? "His ex-girlfriend (born in Thailand)"? Or "his ex-gf, who is Thai.."

Sometimes even grammar Nazis don't know <deleted> they are trying to say.

Archived