Lady boy arrested for injuring farang

Thaivisa News

i dont like lady boys and being grabbed against my will,i consider it assault,if this makes me a homophobe then so be it.

But if its a lady it's just cute and brushed off and not reported, no big deal.

Why are they sitting on the floor in the pic? Bizarre setup.

That's a good point.

If you're "sexually harassed" by someone that you're attracted to ... objections are rarely made!

But in the case of the ladyboy sex workers, face it, most people (gay, straight, or whatever) are not attracted to them.

They do indeed have their admirers ... but the hard sell is mostly not welcome.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...but they will stay around, for as long as there is a market for them

I don't see any problem with that if there is free will between the parties. Based on the aggression and high rate of thievery though, it seems supply is much greater than demand. There are a lot of things like that here ... too much supply of a lot of things, but that doesn't justify criminality.

...but they will stay around, for as long as there is a market for them

I don't see any problem with that if there is free will between the parties. Based on the aggression and high rate of thievery though, it seems supply is much greater than demand. There are a lot of things like that here ... too much supply of a lot of things, but that doesn't justify criminality.

If I understand English (I think I do) you are saying that ladyboys have a higher rate of thievery and aggression than normal Thai men who hang out in sleazy areas like Beach road and Walking street; that is patently false and actually shows your prejudice rather than any facts.

I submit to you that the most common crimes that are committed in sleazy areas areas such as Walking street and Beach road are carried out by "normal" men and women and not lady boys.

Of course it is my word against yours so unless you have any statistical data to back up your claim I suggest that I'm correct because I have no predisposed attitude toward lady boys.

I will not remove posts yet but please stay on the topic of an arrest for injury of one man by one ladyboy.

It is clear that too many aggressive and highly visible ladyboys work the area in question and no one is condoning that nor is everyone painting all other ladyboys with the same brush.

Keep the discussion civil and not personal. Thank you.

I did a count and statistical analysis of crimes reported by Pattaya News for the 6 month period of 1 Aug last year through 1 Feb this year. Results were 84% men, 12% women and 4% ladyboys for involvement in criminal incidents. I think that pretty much puts into perspective that many of you guy's assumptions are incorrect about ladyboys are causing the biggest problems in Pattaya.

I find it ironic that many of you favor violence against another person. I find it ironic you support the reported fact that it was ok for him to shove her but, it was wrong for her to hit him back. If it was a good looking lady who grabbed your junk you wouldnt be crying.

There are criminals everywhere and your much more apt to be killed or mugged by a man than a ladyboy.

Up to you what side of the street you walk on.

I did a count and statistical analysis of crimes reported by Pattaya News for the 6 month period of 1 Aug last year through 1 Feb this year. Results were 84% men, 12% women and 4% ladyboys for involvement in criminal incidents. I think that pretty much puts into perspective that many of you guy's assumptions are incorrect about ladyboys are causing the biggest problems in Pattaya.

I find it ironic that many of you favor violence against another person. I find it ironic you support the reported fact that it was ok for him to shove her but, it was wrong for her to hit him back. If it was a good looking lady who grabbed your junk you wouldnt be crying.

There are criminals everywhere and your much more apt to be killed or mugged by a man than a ladyboy.

While I appreciate you did the homework, I have been to Pattaya about a dozen times. I have been accosted by quite a few ladyboys, no men and no women. I define "accosted" as actual unsolicited touching- verbal contact doesn't count- if it did, I'd have to add a few dozen lady massage hawkers. Thankfully, none of them has grabbed for my junk, or gotten close to my pockets.

If it was a good looking lady who grabbed your junk you wouldnt be crying.

not really a valid point because it very rarely happens, but its standard behavior for ladyboys, which is the problem, and the reason its a problem, apart from being annoying, is that it will usually result in an angry ladyboy screaming and throwing its shoe at you if you dont let it do it. easier to cross the road if you see one. just watch them on beach road. I see them attacking tourists nightly for rejecting their amorous advances

While I appreciate you did the homework, I have been to Pattaya about a dozen times. I have been accosted by quite a few ladyboys, no men and no women. I define "accosted" as actual unsolicited touching- verbal contact doesn't count- if it did, I'd have to add a few dozen lady massage hawkers. Thankfully, none of them has grabbed for my junk, or gotten close to my pockets.

The premise of the survey is flawed.

The demographic of interest here is ladyboy "sex workers" both on the streets, from the bars, and also from online sites.

So to fix the premise you would ONLY look at crimes dealing with all sex workers.

You would then need to rough ratio of ladyboy sex workers to regular lady and regular gay male sex workers.

Then and only then could you begin to get information about the relative criminality rates of ladyboy sex workers.

I have definitely noticed that it seems MOST of the crimes involving drugging customers involves the ladyboy sex workers.

Yes criminality exists among all the sex workers to some degree. That is true.

The demographic of interest here is ladyboy "sex workers" both on the streets, from the bars, and also from online sites.

So to fix the premise you would ONLY look at crimes dealing with all sex workers.

You would then need to rough ratio of ladyboy sex workers to regular lady and regular gay male sex workers.

Then and only then could you begin to get information about the relative criminality rates of ladyboy sex workers.

I have definitely noticed that it seems MOST of the crimes involving drugging customers involves the ladyboy sex workers.

Peter Cool wrote, "please stay on the topic of an arrest for injury of one man by one ladyboy." I would respond to your post but your post is about all lady boys and not the injury of one man by one lady boy. I didn't want you to think I agree with you or that you are correct but I really can't respond and respect moderation at the same time. I hope you understand some of us try and follow the instructions of moderators.

The premise of the survey is as accurate as the incidents reported by Pattaya news which is where all of the news reports for this post and every other one that is reported by the TV news team in regards to this typeof news. All the incidents in Pattaya are reported by Pattaya news.

I counted every single article from the news source for the time period. Which turned up to be roughly 400. I divided up the incidents and counted the number of men, women, and ladyboys as that is what everybody seems to care about the most. The demographic that committed most offenses was men 84%, women 12% and LB 4%. Statistics dont lie, they dont assume and they dont "notice" they tell the truth. You might not like it and it might not fit into your category of hate but, they are the facts.

I would say crimes against tourists would be more applicable to the topic. Seems over the years crimes in Pattaya were #1 getting robbed along beach road from tourists walking home from walking street very late and #2 ladyboy involved crimes. When I see them doing sweeps along beach road mostly the ladyboys run away and the girls stay, so I think the police target them is for good reason. I have nothing against them but a percentage of them look so bad they have to pick pocket as its hard for them to get a client to the room.

Again stats and numbers dont lie. Crimes are committed mainly by men which stands to reason men are the largest demographic around. The women stay because the corrupt police let them. All in all but for the sexpats coming to Pattaya, there would be no clients.

How could anyone so totally miss the point (unless trying very hard to ...)? Let's start over again, Einstein. This time, analyze the crimes committed against foreigners and within the areas under discussion (which are Walking Street and Beach Road). I think the results will be quite different, and will help you with your perspective.

What a load of crap.

99% of these female impersonators trolling after dark are looking for trouble.

99% of the "normal' humans are not looking for trouble.

How could anyone so totally miss the point (unless trying very hard to ...)? Let's start over again, Einstein. This time, analyze the crimes committed against foreigners and within the areas under discussion (which are Walking Street and Beach Road). I think the results will be quite different, and will help you with your perspective.

The crimes you mention are included in the numbers....is that so hard to understand?

The stats and crimes dont lie. But people like you who assume without knowing the facts are all over.

The only perspective I have is what the numbers and facts prove.

A crime is a crime, doesnt matter who it is against or where it takes place.

Guys like you just cant handle the truth as it doesnt fit into your hate profile.

People are assaulted and murdered in Pattaya every day. Men are the ones involved in the majority of the crime. Your perception is caused because the news is reported in a slanted basis. Dont believe me, go to Pattaya news and read it everyday.

Never one to not take up a challange....I documented and categorized the incidents against and including foreigners. Source: Pattaya News

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

CATEGORY MAN WOMAN LADYBOY
THEFT 30 4 6
ASSUALT 27 1 2
GANG 12 0 0
DRIVING 9 1 0
DRUGS 4 1 0
MURDER 4 0 0
DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0
OTHER 10 2 0
#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

Total of 120 incidents. Commited by 80% men, 13% women, 7% ladyboys

In conclusion as I stated earlier, you are much more apt to be involved in an incident with a man. These stats follow right along and mirror the previous 6 month statistics in which I counted all incidents against thais and foreigners. Pay attention to the drugging and theft by thai women prostitutes.

What I take out of this all:

Dont walk on beach road at night or for that anywhere alone or in dark sois

Dont stop walking, continue right on

Dont piss people off just say no thank you and keep walking

Stay sober and use common sense

Dont take or wear anything you are not willing to lose easily

Dont assualt anyone for any reason, you are not going to win the battle

It is after all Pattaya, not the safest place in the world to be after midnight. Not hating just you have to be smart and mitigate the risk factors before partaking in the nightlife.

Be safe out there

Never one to not take up a challange....I documented and categorized the incidents against and including foreigners. Source: Pattaya News

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

THEFT 30 4 6

ASSUALT 27 1 2

GANG 12 0 0

DRIVING 9 1 0

DRUGS 4 1 0

MURDER 4 0 0

DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0

OTHER 10 2 0

#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

In conclusion as I stated earlier, you are much more apt to be involved in an incident with a man. These stats follow right along and mirror the previous 6 month statistics in which I counted all incidents against thais and foreigners. Pay attention to the drugging and theft by thai women prostitutes.

It is after all Pattaya, not the safest place in the world to be after midnight. Not hating just you have to be smart and mitigate the risk factors before partaking in the nightlife.

Be safe out there

I thought this discussion had been shutdown, but since it apparently hasn't...

"In conclusion as I stated earlier, you are much more apt to be involved in an incident with a man."

...EXCEPT in the Walking Street & Beach Road areas, which is where the problem LBs are hanging out & assaulting their victims, and where many are suggesting something more needs to be done, not citywide. Perhaps there are boatloads of peaceful LBs in other parts of town and other parts of the country going about their daily routines peacefully. But in the area where THIS incident occurred, that's NOT a true statement, but you insist on collecting data on a larger population that obscures the problem. Furthermore, that's only a six-month period you looked at. 'Hardly a meaningful data sample. Since I'm a foreigner, I'm not interested in the crimes committed against thais, only against foreigners, but your data obscures that as well, by mixing the two together. Finally, I'm not sure crimes that end up reported by the Pattaya News actually constitutes the big picture. I expect many go unreported, esp. where LBs are involved, due to "bashfulness" at having one's name & picture in the news. I'm not even sure all crimes reported to the police constitute the big picture!

I DON'T think that as a foreigner simply strolling on Walking Street or Beach Road I'm "much more apt to be involved in an incident with a man", if by "incident" we mean criminal assault (as in this case), ESPECIALLY if you exclude disagreements over bar bills & such. Your data certainly doesn't prove that. City-wide, throwing in the drive-by snatches, random shootings, grudge stabbings, gang violence, domestic altercations with locals, etc., maybe so - those will often if not usually involve men of course. But that's not what we're talking about.

The true statement is something closer to having to be much more cautious to steer well clear of the over-aggressive LBs in these areas. The worst you usually have to fear from the "men" in these areas is being touted for a massage, special show, or new suit ... and THEY all take No (or simply being ignored) for an answer.

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

THEFT 30 4 6

ASSUALT 27 1 2

GANG 12 0 0

DRIVING 9 1 0

DRUGS 4 1 0

MURDER 4 0 0

DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0

OTHER 10 2 0

#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

Be safe out there

Good analysis.

Now take the ratio into account and this proves a large percentage of these freaky men wearing dresses are way more dangerous than the average citizen.

You want to be mugged or drugged? Hang out near the ladyboys.

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

THEFT 30 4 6

ASSUALT 27 1 2

GANG 12 0 0

DRIVING 9 1 0

DRUGS 4 1 0

MURDER 4 0 0

DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0

OTHER 10 2 0

#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

Be safe out there

Good analysis.

Now take the ratio into account and this proves a large percentage of these freaky men wearing dresses are way more dangerous than the average citizen.

What it proves is you are a lady boy phobic. It is quite a common problem among those who don't have "I don't have a clue about Thailand phobia." Luckily the cure is simple. Stop chasing hookers and meet some normal Thai lady boys who are doctors and teachers and members of all the other professions in Thailand.

There is a lot of discrimination by Thais against trans people. They are mostly expected to keep in their place ... entertainment and low level service like wait staff, retail clerks etc.

To suggest they are well represented in higher level professions here is a gross distortion of truth.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is a lot of discrimination by Thais against trans people. They are mostly expected to keep in their place ... entertainment and low level service like wait staff, retail clerks etc.

To suggest they are well represented in higher level professions here is a gross distortion of truth.

You are oh so wrong my friend. And even with the truth and facts presented, you still have nothing but negative things to say. Just give it a rest.

What happened with the assault was wrong. It would have been wrong with a man, woman, or ladyboy committing it. Doesnt matter the gender or orientation, it was wrong. Quit the bashing and blaming based on gender, your assumptions are incorrect. Life will go on and another crime will be committed this evening.

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

THEFT 30 4 6

ASSUALT 27 1 2

GANG 12 0 0

DRIVING 9 1 0

DRUGS 4 1 0

MURDER 4 0 0

DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0

OTHER 10 2 0

#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

Be safe out there

Good analysis.

What are you talking about? 96 crimes committed by men, 16 by women and 8 by LB and they are the most dangerous? Stop with your bashing and look at the facts. Quit with the phobia.

Im smart enough to not hang out in areas with crime.

In my years of experience in Thailand with all kinds of people the worst discrimination I have encountered against lady boys has been on Thai Visa. Every time a story runs with crime and a lady boy all the lady boy phobic people come out of the closet (no pun intended).

I disagree with your opinion and most cultured, educated and traveled Thais would also. A lady boy holds a major position at a Thai Airline. A lady boy holds a major position at a Thai retail business. A lady boy holds a major position at a Thai hospital. A lady boy holds a major position at a Thai college. A Thai lady boy is married to a major player in Washington DC.

I think the view of minorities in any country is colored by our prejudice. People who have set ideas on what is right and wrong and are not flexible towards gender identity see all sorts of things that people who are not prejudiced don't see.

Thailand has a long history of acceptance of gender flexibility that is far more flexible than even the male or female gay roles that are accepted as the norm in Western society.

Money is far more important in Thailand than gender. A successful lady boy is accepted while a poor gay fellow is not. I have met many a Thai momma that introduces her lady boy child proudly because she is rich and pushes her poor gay son in the closet because he is poor.

When evaluating anything in Thailand look to the money before the morals or any kind of Western cultural tradition that is easily ignored by the overwhelming cultural tradition of money number 1 in Thailand.wai2.gif

I would also have to disagree with those stats posted above. In the last year or so things have really changed on beach road and walking street to protect tourists. For instance the new orange shirts wearing chonburi police have added a police box opposite soi Yamoto office and soi Pattayaland. Also on walking street the police have added a table by Lucifers and by the big tree after marine instead of just the beginning of walking st. Yes they still have ladyboys in both areas but I have not read near as many reports going back the 10 years or so since doing this. I think this has scared off the late night pickpocket crews that worked there previous years. They also seem to do several sweeps a night and the fine has gone up from 100 baht to 300.

Archived