Lady boy arrested for injuring farang

Thaivisa News

There is a lot of discrimination by Thais against trans people. They are mostly expected to keep in their place ... entertainment and low level service like wait staff, retail clerks etc.

To suggest they are well represented in higher level professions here is a gross distortion of truth.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are oh so wrong my friend. And even with the truth and facts presented, you still have nothing but negative things to say. Just give it a rest.

What happened with the assault was wrong. It would have been wrong with a man, woman, or ladyboy committing it. Doesnt matter the gender or orientation, it was wrong. Quit the bashing and blaming based on gender, your assumptions are incorrect. Life will go on and another crime will be committed this evening.

I wasn't bashing. I was referring to the social reality of how most Thais think trans people only belong in very limited professions including entertainment. The few that rise from that bias tend to have unusually supportive and educated families.

To add, naming a few token Thai transgender success stories is meaningless in disproving my point. Its like saying racism is over in the US because Obama was elected.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of discrimination by Thais against trans people. They are mostly expected to keep in their place ... entertainment and low level service like wait staff, retail clerks etc.

To suggest they are well represented in higher level professions here is a gross distortion of truth.

You are oh so wrong my friend. And even with the truth and facts presented, you still have nothing but negative things to say. Just give it a rest.

What happened with the assault was wrong. It would have been wrong with a man, woman, or ladyboy committing it. Doesnt matter the gender or orientation, it was wrong. Quit the bashing and blaming based on gender, your assumptions are incorrect. Life will go on and another crime will be committed this evening.

I wasn't bashing. I was referring to the social reality of how most Thais think trans people only belong in very limited professions including entertainment. The few that rise from that bias tend to have unusually supportive and educated families.

To add, naming a few token Thai transgender success stories is meaningless in disproving my point. Its like saying racism is over in the US because Obama was elected.

Your point was not represented by anything more than your opinion. Disproving it would simply be a matter of another individual giving his opinion.

There was an excellent documentary a while back about this subject. It featured the famous transgender enterpreneur and went into detail about the systematic social oppression of transgender people in Thailand. This was coming from THAI people who have been effected by that and are working to help. But it's a long road. No, I don't accept that discrimination against transgender people in Thailand BY THAIS exists (often in the form of very narrow social role expectations) is a matter of opinion. It is a matter of hard reality.

The ones that do drift into criminality, of course I'm not suggesting their criminality is acceptable. But I think the context of the roles Thai transgender people are expected to play, and mostly do play, is worth considering.

The discussion was allowed to re-appear but I should repeat that the topic is not what about the status of transgenders in society or what percentage of crimes are committed by ladyboys or any thing else other than one aggressive and soliciting "ladyboy" who attacked a foreigner after some pushing and shoving.

As asked before, please stay on topic and cease the back and forth non relevant (even if indirectly related) arguments. Thank you.

petercool - moderator team

Never one to not take up a challange....I documented and categorized the incidents against and including foreigners. Source: Pattaya News

7 NOV 14 - 7 MAY 15

CATEGORY MAN WOMAN LADYBOY

THEFT 30 4 6

ASSUALT 27 1 2

GANG 12 0 0

DRIVING 9 1 0

DRUGS 4 1 0

MURDER 4 0 0

DRUGGED-THEFT 0 7 0

OTHER 10 2 0

#INCIDENTS 96 16 8

Total of 120 incidents. Commited by 80% men, 13% women, 7% ladyboys

In conclusion as I stated earlier, you are much more apt to be involved in an incident with a man. These stats follow right along and mirror the previous 6 month statistics in which I counted all incidents against thais and foreigners. Pay attention to the drugging and theft by thai women prostitutes.

What I take out of this all:

Dont walk on beach road at night or for that anywhere alone or in dark sois

Dont stop walking, continue right on

Dont piss people off just say no thank you and keep walking

Stay sober and use common sense

Dont take or wear anything you are not willing to lose easily

Dont assualt anyone for any reason, you are not going to win the battle

It is after all Pattaya, not the safest place in the world to be after midnight. Not hating just you have to be smart and mitigate the risk factors before partaking in the nightlife.

Be safe out there

Good analysis.

Now take the ratio into account and this proves a large percentage of these freaky men wearing dresses are way more dangerous than the average citizen.

You want to be mugged or drugged? Hang out near the ladyboys.

What are you talking about? 96 crimes committed by men, 16 by women and 8 by LB and they are the most dangerous? Stop with your bashing and look at the facts. Quit with the phobia.

Im smart enough to not hang out in areas with crime.

Your statistics are nonsense.

Most men and women are not trolling to rob and assault a tourist for fun and profit.

The fact is, if you want to be mugged or drugged, hang out near these ladyboys.

A large percentage are out there looking for trouble.

Everybody knows this.

Most men and women are not trolling to rob and assault a tourist for fun and profit.

Everybody knows this.

You are not everybody. I know you and some others on this forum think they speak for everybody but let me assure you that you don't. This is a thread about one lady boy and one drunk Irishman who pushed said lady boy to the ground.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Just to let you know you don't speak for me.

The fact that I have been in Thailand longer than you, have a higher IQ and more education has nothing to do with it. We just have different opinions.

Everybody knows this.

Actually JJ3 you're a bit wrong there..

It's super easy to get robbed on songtaew/ baht buses and majority of the troublemakers are women.

It's super easy to get robbed by men in the countryside.

It just happens that beach road and walking street happens to be the ladyboy hangout.. more bad apples, more bad opportunity.

Like walk in the bronx, you'll get mugged by certain ethnic group.

Go to Oklahoma and the chances are it'll be a farang.

So I'm not saying you're totally wrong.. just misrepresentation of who the troublemakers are all over pattaya. You have to watch a different crowd in jomtien or on 3rd road than beach road.

OMG will be right back to explain all this as soon as his little posting suspension expires.

An interesting question. In between the attacks, pickpocketing, and druggings

with robbery done by ladyboys that fill the Thai news, there must be some

sort of regular sex going on.......... I think.......

I know this will explode your mind but here's a little factoid for you: The ladyboy bars in Nana Plaza in Bangkok are know to be the most profitable in the plaza. In fact, apparently the latest to change over to an all ladyboy format is the old and venerable DC-10 bar. Just thought you might like to know ?

How this relates to a LB attacking a falang in Pattaya I am unsure.......

There isn't a single one in Pattaya and I do not know any GGBs where they are employed.

If ever a fight breaks out in one of these Nana LB bars, I bet it's a good one!

I know this will explode your mind but here's a little factoid for you: The ladyboy bars in Nana Plaza in Bangkok are know to be the most profitable in the plaza. In fact, apparently the latest to change over to an all ladyboy format is the old and venerable DC-10 bar. Just thought you might like to know ?

There isn't a single one in Pattaya and I do not know any GGBs where they are employed.

I imagine it relates to the fact that lady boy bars are quite common in Pattaya. Lady boys and lady boy bars are quite common in Pattaya.

I imagine it relates to the fact that lady boy bars are quite common in Pattaya. Lady boys and lady boy bars are quite common in Pattaya.

OK I got it first time...I meant specifically GGBs ......... but what is in Bangkok is not Pattaya is it!

And level of profit, does this relate to be attacked somehow?

OK I got it first time...I meant specifically GGBs ......... but what is in Bangkok is not Pattaya is it!

And level of profit, does this relate to be attacked somehow?

I have run into a number of lady boys dancing at GGB go gos in Pattaya. The only difference I see between Bangkok and Pattaya is there is less smoke in Pattaya so it should be easier to see the difference between girls and lady boys.

I think what the other fellow meant was that if no one wanted to see lady boys the lady boy bars would not be profitable and our Irish fellow might not have ever run into a lady boy.

Are lady boys more aggressive in Bangkok or Pattaya? My experience is Bangkok is more dangerous for those wishing to avoid a chance encounter with a lady boy.

In any event in either case it is wise not to push or react in a physical way when confronted by a group of lady boys in Bangkok or Pattaya. It is especially wise not to go to areas where there are lady boy bars or lady bars that are lady boy friendly.

If you are the type of guy who pushes women (real or fake) around perhaps it is wise not to go to near women who are not afraid of you.

Yes, we know. They are common in Pattaya. Just read the local papers. Assaults, muggings, fighting, attacking, loitering, pickpocketing, bludgeoning, thieving, stealing, drug dealing, drunk, tourist drugging's, snatching's & stabbings.

Yes, we know. They are common in Pattaya. Just read the local papers. Assaults, muggings, fighting, attacking, loitering, pickpocketing, bludgeoning, thieving, stealing, drug dealing, drunk, tourist drugging's, snatching's & stabbings.

This thread is about one man getting a high heeled shoe in his head as a result of an altercation with one particular lady boy. What would you advise the the next Irishman wishing to avoid such a fate to do?

This thread is about one man getting a high heeled shoe in his head as a result of an altercation with one particular lady boy. What would you advise the the next Irishman wishing to avoid such a fate to do?

I would advise the next Irishman and anybody else to steer clear of these men disguised as women trolling the tourist district to rob, drug and assault visitors.

I would advise the next Irishman and anybody else to steer clear of these men disguised as women trolling the tourist district to rob, drug and assault visitors.

To be accurate you should change tourist area (includes Temples and Palaces) to prostitution areas. biggrin.png

Everybody knows this.

You are not everybody. I know you and some others on this forum think they speak for everybody but let me assure you that you don't. This is a thread about one lady boy and one drunk Irishman who pushed said lady boy to the ground.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Just to let you know you don't speak for me.

The fact that I have been in Thailand longer than you, have a higher IQ and more education has nothing to do with it. We just have different opinions.

cheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Anybody defending these criminals dressed up as women full of yaba and hormones and god knows what else obviously has no clue about what goes on in downtown Pattaya.

They are a scourge and give all those 'normal' ladyboys a bad name.

I find the comments about hormones interesting.

Why would the "female" hormone create criminal insanity?

Are women criminally insane because of their hormones?

Isn't that notion rather misogynist in nature ... ??? ...

I've always thought homophobia, in this case transphobia, is linked to misogyny.

To be clear, it seems perfectly reasonable to detest aggressive criminals ... just find blaming it on lady hormones suspect.

Scientists in the USA revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones. To prove their theory, they fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them gained weight, started talking nonsense and couldn't drive.

I've always thought homophobia, in this case transphobia, is linked to misogyny.

To be clear, it seems perfectly reasonable to detest aggressive criminals ... just find blaming it on lady hormones suspect.

Are you totally clueless?

Because they are loaded up with synthetic hormones that often play havoc with their hormonal system leading to erratic and unpredictable behaviour.

Scientists in the USA revealed that beer contains small traces of female hormones. To prove their theory, they fed 100 men 12 pints of beer and observed that 100% of them gained weight, started talking nonsense and couldn't drive.

Very good giggle.gif

Because they are loaded up with synthetic hormones that often play havoc with their hormonal system leading to erratic and unpredictable behaviour.

Are you a doctor or medical professional?

Here is just one link to the side effects. Its common for men to take women hormones (estrogen) for a variety of medical conditions. The issues stated in article are same as all others. I just linked this one as it is easy for you to read and understand.

I didnt see any of the symptoms you stated in any of the articles.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/54614-risks-men-taking-female-hormones/

I think you were talking about the men and women who take steroids and the side effects of those. If you like I can find one of those articles and post.

Are you a doctor or medical professional?

Here is just one link to the side effects. Its common for men to take women hormones (estrogen) for a variety of medical conditions. The issues stated in article are same as all others. I just linked this one as it is easy for you to read and understand.

I didnt see any of the symptoms you stated in any of the articles.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/54614-risks-men-taking-female-hormones/

I think you were talking about the men and women who take steroids and the side effects of those. If you like I can find one of those articles and post.

Did those same doctors you mention study the effects of mixing hormone therapy with yaba and alcohol?

I think we both know the answer to that.

Go away and stop defending the criminals who pretend to be LBs and run around Pattaya preying on vulnerable tourists.

Save your sympathy for those that merit it.

I didn't know this thread was about what kind of hormones lady boys take. Now that we have an expert on true transgender people he should be able to tell us how to tell a true transgender from a fake transgender and exactly what kind of hormones most lady boys in Thailand take. cheesy.gif

An Inflammatory off topic post has been removed.

We keep getting off topic and you have been asked to stay on topic irregardless of how interesting or otherwise these side discussions might be.

You can always start your own topic if you feel the other stuff is that important. In any event, it does not need to be in this one.

Archived