Why can't I Say The Truth? Nothing But The Truth On An Open Forum?

Okay, let's just use our imagination. There's a school in a land far, far away and their culture attracts many foreigners from all over the world. Even from a country like Greece.

A lot of them settle down, plenty of them have so much time to create new threads, or answer some honest questions, like answers to : "I'm on a 12 year overstay, what should I do?" thing.

A lot of them have no other choice than working as language teachers, curriculum consultants, trainers, educational assistants, etc..,because they want to stay with their beloved ones....not working in a land far away from them, where people are used to spit in pools.

All computers at Thai schools, universities, etc and I mean all of them run fake Microsoft copies. All programs are "cracked copies there."

Let's use your worst imagination and let's say that you really made it to a teacher, to a simple Krew, or even to an Ajarn. wai2.gif

All computers have not genuine Office Word Programs, just this program, the 2013 professional version costs $ 400, but an Alien did install it on that PC, trying to give best quality to a friend.. facepalm.gif

There's a guy, who's really completely lost in Isaan, has to make it happen that the school PC and printer works. There's no way that the school director would pay 5 K + to make all legal.

So the imaginary teacher does all, uses all available programs that come to mind when he swims in the bay. Using a projector for little kids in class, of course with the right teaching material, preferable using educational cartoons, Slides, etc...make all easier.

Thai should only be used, if there's no other way to explain it.

If there's a problem, it's not allowed to ask questions on an technical forum,

Let's say, such school would really exist, in a land far away, is the foreigner really breaking any laws, by keeping the machines alive?

Should my friend's friend really do it and use a copy of a copy?

Would it be necessary to make a merit at a temple, or send an e-mail to the holy general? Or both.

Thanks for your time and consideration. Who's the bad guy in the game? wai2.gif

"All computers at Thai schools, universities, etc and I mean all of them run fake Microsoft copies. All programs are "cracked copies there."

You have personally checked every single Thai school, university etc. computer

How many 1000's were checked ?

Is this a massive indulgence in Hyperbole ?

• Like 1

If the forum rules state you can't discuss illegal activities... and yes, you are breaking the law regardless of whether the local authorities care or not... and that's why this thread will probably get shut down 'cause that's the way things go even if you are probably correct about all the pirated software out there. The answer to your problem some would suggest is Linux but that's a whole new learning curve...

Edited by kkerry

LII, What is it that won't work and how can we help to fix it? Printer? Projector?

Are they network shares, or are they local to your computer?

If they are network shares, does everyone have this problem, say no printing, or just some?

With a network share every computer has to have the correct driver(s) if that helps. Then if it's a printer each computer has to "add a printer" and find it from/on the network, select it, and make it default.

He never said he was using illegal software. Let's fix his problem which is a Windows problem. He's kind of stuck with what he has, you know.

Sorry, for my irritating post, guess you know that I'm not a native English speaker, but I love a bottle of Leo beer from time to time..

I'm trying a better question, which isn't far away from the first one.

Would you really sign a document when you finally found the right woman to marry, stating that you're not allowed to have sex with her?

I'm not asking for any illegal advice, nor would I ever use non- genuine software.I'm too long in Thailand and I know the consequences.-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

He never said he was using illegal software. Let's fix his problem which is a Windows problem. He's kind of stuck with what he has, you know.

Thanks a lot NS. There might be times where all of us will have to figure out that not all is how it seems to be.

Have a great time, hope to see you soon in Sisaket.Just page me, delicious German food and a cold beer, or coke are waiting for you. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Would you really sign a document when you finally found the right woman to marry, stating that you're not allowed to have sex with her?

I don't understand. You're a married man. We all know that married men never get sex, so what's the point? tongue.png

• Like 1

Thanks a lot NS. There might be times where all of us will have to figure out that not all is how it seems to be.

Have a great time, hope to see you soon in Sisaket.Just page me, delicious German food and a cold beer, or coke are waiting for you. coffee1.gif

I certainly will. I have a friend who's very close to Sisaket.

Lost, what issues are you having with a printer or projector or whatever? Can we get those working for you?

• Like 1

I hear what you're speaking, brother!

This is what I'd do although in some circumstances other than what has already been talked about, I may not immediately do it but, still, while none of us enjoys swimming in the bay it is, regrettably, sometimes unavoidable to get our gloves dirty in which case we have to think about the little kids and their right to benefit from the advances in education that can be given to them by computers.

And, at the end of the night, it all comes up to what we try to do rather than what someone else thinks we should or shouldn't do because, after all, we have to lay in the bed that we make, not the bed that some else tries to do for us

• Like 2

I certainly will. I have a friend who's very close to Sisaket.

Lost, what issues are you having with a printer or projector or whatever? Can we get those working for you?

Thanks a lot. The "thing" will be switched to the 7 version tomorrow. No money, no honey. ( In form of DDR 3) thumbsup.gif

Lost, I recall that not very long ago your registry corrupted and revealed that at one time "your computer" had been attached to a domain controller with Active Directory running Microsoft Server. You restored it from a prior image IIRC. I saw that for a fact by seeing error messages you quoted.

Please tell what the issues are now. You may have a permissions problem or a point to another resource for printing lingering.

Edit. OK, I was typing when you posted.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

I hear what you're speaking, brother!

This is what I'd do although in some circumstances other than what has already been talked about, I may not immediately do it but, still, while none of us enjoys swimming in the bay it is, regrettably, sometimes unavoidable to get our gloves dirty in which case we have to think about the little kids and their right to benefit from the advances in education that can be given to them by computers.

And, at the end of the night, it all comes up to what we try to do rather than what someone else thinks we should or shouldn't do because, after all, we have to lay in the bed that we make, not the bed that some else tries to do for us

We're both born in the same year and you do deserve the Alzheimer Award. Wait a minute. or was it the Pulitzer One? What did I just say? facepalm.gif

Lost, I recall that not very long ago your registry corrupted and revealed that at one time "your computer" had been attached to a domain controller with Active Directory running Microsoft Server. You restored it from a prior image IIRC. I saw that for a fact by seeing error messages you quoted.

Please tell what the issues are now. You may have a permissions problem or a point to another resource for printing lingering.

Edit. OK, I was typing when you posted.

Nope, it's the school computer that they gave me with W 81 on, the 64 but version. with only 1 GB of DDR 3 memory. Updated it to 2 GB and it worked well.

Somehow deleted the Acronis Back Up on a drive that has/had 5 computers backed up Will turn it into a W.7, 64 tomorrow morning.

But thanks for the offer. You're a nice guy. Cheers-biggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't understand. You're a married man. We all know that married men never get sex, so what's the point? tongue.png

Trying to find a way that our wives have sex, perhaps?

• Like 1

If the forum rules state you can't discuss illegal activities... and yes, you are breaking the law regardless of whether the local authorities care or not... and that's why this thread will probably get shut down 'cause that's the way things go even if you are probably correct about all the pirated software out there. The answer to your problem some would suggest is Linux but that's a whole new learning curve...

Thanks a lot. i feel very sorry that you're not living in the same province.

Otherwise we could have a chat about Thai schools. And you wouldn't believe many things I'd tell you....

You might find your own learning curve sooner, or later. Also called life.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

why are you still at this school?whistling.gif

Maybe because my wife's from a village nearby and i was certain that it would be my final destination.

Another reason might be my commitment to set up an EP like "special program" which was very successful. I don't know if anybody could teach my ex grade one kids this year in a way that they really learn a lot.

I'm finally in for the kids, not for the money. I can't get another provisional teacher's licence from freaking Bangkok.

But I'm well respected in this area and do have a very good reputation.

Whenever the educational office wants to hold a seminar they always rely on me.

I've made quite a few changes possible, they'll reimburse me for work permit and visa last year and pay 50 % this time.

The way I see it now is a little different to the time hen I'd started this program. It really takes all your energy, but the kids give you more than money can buy.

I won't go to China and send money to my family in Thailand.

If all goes wrong and Khurusapha makes it impossible, I'm preparing all to take my family to Europe.

I really feel guilty that i could never afford it to show them where I'm actually from. Waiting for retirement and offer my son a real education.

Not the Sisaket vocational college bullshit.

We're all same same, but different, right? wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

Stop working in Thailand, especially in Thai schools.

You will probably be happier.

Should I open up a German restaurant in hope to make enough money to live a "normal life".???? There're not too many jobs you can do.

i made some translations for some companies, but you can't rely on them. How many jobs are foreigners allowed to do? Please Google it.

P.S. I'm only happy when I have my family around me.

Edited by lostinisaan

I always bring in my own laptop with original software. There are so many viruses at the schools I have worked at. There was a nasty one at the university where everything on your thumbdrive was turned into a shortcut. All folders were innaccessible. It was a real pain.

there are so many obstacles to teaching here. There are good schools with proper equipment, interactive white boards, good software, resources etc. but there are a lot more places that have nothing.

The networks at most schools I have been to have serious problems.

Even if you wanted to run legit programs unless they are freeware/opensource, it is hard to find them. The fact is that the IT department of most schools budget for hardware but not software. I have worked at a few places that had incredible resources. One place was an animation program that had motion capture equipment cost millions of baht, they had all new machines but ran cracked software. I never understood why. One school had legitimate software but the license was for only one machine and they ran it on all of them.

We can only do our best and try to take care of ourselves. There is no way to change the level of corruption that exists.

hope that your computer problems work out.

"Don't kid yourself that you have a good reputation if you are being paid peanuts..... 'er, particularly if you are the type of guy who is having constant fainting fits over dodgy software."

I love how posters here seem to enjoy pissing on someone who is on fire.

Give the guy a break. He has been a member of his community for a long time, people respect him and like him, why is that so hard for you to accept?

Pay is pay, respect doesn't give you higher salary here. One teacher at my school retired with over 30 years experience. She was loved and respected by all students and teachers. You should have seen her send off party. However she only earned half of what foreign teachers were paid.

• Like 1

Why can't you say the truth on the open forum? Because the truth is that much of what you are saying is nonsense. You have opened a previous topic that was closed because it breaks the rules. You then open a topic in this forum. You are rather lucky that the nice moderator who closed your other topic has decided not to issue you with a warning.

Thailand does not have freedom of speech. Thaivisa is in Thailand. Illegal software is not up for discussion.

//CLOSED//