The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

Gotta face facts here..almost completely devoid of technical ability..skill..1st touch generally hit n miss..etc etc.
Not players fault..imo..the "system " most of them came through is to blame..also the number of games played per season..also the fact that generally speaking from november to march its blow football or a mudlark with the climate.
Better to play march to november..only 1 cup tournament with no replays..1st goal in extra time wins it.
Also the league set up is utter nonsense. Better to have a 14 or 16 team premier league..1 home n 1 away game only.
Your thoughts gents??[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Gotta face facts here..almost completely devoid of technical ability..skill..1st touch generally hit n miss..etc etc.
Not players fault..imo..the "system " most of them came through is to blame..also the number of games played per season..also the fact that generally speaking from november to march its blow football or a mudlark with the climate.
Better to play march to november..only 1 cup tournament with no replays..1st goal in extra time wins it.
Also the league set up is utter nonsense. Better to have a 14 or 16 team premier league..1 home n 1 away game only.
Your thoughts gents??emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Agree with all of that....plus a new approach to our grass roots football cos it simply aint working!

15 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Agree with all of that....plus a new approach to our grass roots football cos it simply aint working!

Grass roots is where its gone wrong. When i was back a couple of years ago .I was talking to my dad and brothers and they were saying school football and boys club has changed so much.

• 2 months later...

this is a well thought out tourn' not future defining like the euros or w/sc so managers can still 'experiment' relatively worry free  but its competative enuf to make it of interest, just what international footie needed, an end to those relatively boring friendlies plus a few quid for the fa's to  spend on grass roots and other interests.    and this result just what scotland needed  A DECENT WIN always good for thr confidence, AND i believe   couple more and a place in the euros waits,,

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

this is a well thought out tourn' not future defining like the euros or w/sc so managers can still 'experiment' relatively worry free  but its competative enuf to make it of interest, just what international footie needed, an end to those relatively boring friendlies plus a few quid for the fa's to  spend on grass roots and other interests.    and this result just what scotland needed  A DECENT WIN always good for thr confidence, AND i believe   couple more and a place in the euros waits,,

Scottish football desperately needs a major tournament......we've not had a holiday away from the wife for nearly 20 years. :biggrin:

On 9/11/2018 at 3:28 PM, Jockstar said:

Grass roots is where its gone wrong. When i was back a couple of years ago .I was talking to my dad and brothers and they were saying school football and boys club has changed so much.

iPhones...????

6 hours ago, transam said:

iPhones...????

it has ALL over, in london with young footie playin kids there  was NEVER MENTION of the school team, bac in the day it was the school team ALWays FIRST then others,

the various fa's income  from the traditional 'trickle down throught he lgs effect is slowly bieng erroded by the fat cat prem who prefer to tolerate cheats  and give  gross exec  hands outs then increasing the relatively   paltry yearly funding it begrudgingly  hand outs to the grass roots football

Just now, 3 minus 2 said:

it has ALL over, in london with young footie playin kids there  was NEVER MENTION of the school team, bac in the day it was the school team ALWays FIRST then others,

the various fa's income  from the traditional 'trickle down throught he lgs effect is slowly bieng erroded by the fat cat prem who prefer to tolerate cheats  and give  gross exec  hands outs then increasing the relatively   paltry yearly funding it begrudgingly  hand outs to the grass roots football

conclusion,, its the premier <deleted>  english football

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So who do we face in the playoff if we beat Israel?

Play off draw for 2020 Euros isn't until Nov 19 mate. If you beat Israel you'll be in that plus you get promoted to the next tier (B) for the next Nations League. Only the winners of the top group play each other to determine the overall winners.......hope that makes sense!

6 minutes ago, wilai said:

Play off draw for 2020 Euros isn't until Nov 19 mate. If you beat Israel you'll be in that plus you get promoted to the next tier (B) for the next Nations League. Only the winners of the top group play each other to determine the overall winners.......hope that makes sense!

Winners top blah blah what?

Not interested in the Nations League only that playoff spot. :biggrin:

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Please close this thread Scotland do not deserve a thread after the last match. 

We should start a new thread, the 1966 thread, to commemorate that great World Cup win over 50 years ago.

it deserves its own thread ... because no one ever mentions it?

17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

We should start a new thread, the 1966 thread, to commemorate that great World Cup win over 50 years ago.

it deserves its own thread ... because no one ever mentions it?

Go4it 1 baht a post usual rate for ya.

13 hours ago, hackjam said:

Just seems to me that the players don't want to play for the manager.

Players just not the same quality as we had years ago. I blame lack of grass roots football. Primary school teams are no more. 

Sure, not same quality as years ago.

But Scotland have a core of English premier league players, so should be achieving more-Paterson, Robertson, Fraser, Armstrong, McTominay and the likes of Forrest, McGregor and Tierney would hold their own in that league also. Also, McGinn, Shinnie are decent players, look at what Northern Ireland and Wales achieve with not as high profile players.

Archived