Chiang Rai To Bangkok

In the Rai!

Hi guys,

I am going to drive down to Bangkok in October and i am just wondering where are a couple of good places to stop. maybe somewhere that you have stayed before and recommend (for a night).

I have 2 young Children under 2 and really dont want to drive straight through. I know the roads and have driven direct many times but usually dont stop anywhere other than for petrol/gas.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In The Rai!

How about Nakhon Sawan(NW)?..half way from the north part of LOS to BKK

maybe take a break at Chainat , see Suan Nok (Chainat Bird Park )..1 hr from NW the way that you drive passing

Take a lunch at Singburi , eating fish ,Pla Chon (snake head fish)

or Ayuthaya for fresh water prawn

"Chainat Bird Park "

This is located 4 kilometres before arriving in Chainat. Birds of more than 100 species live in a huge cage which maintains a natural environment. The park also has an aquarium which has a collection of various kinds of freshwater fish found in the Chao Phraya River. Local products such as bird models, wickerwork, and pomelo is available at the shops in the park.

bird_park.jpg

Phaholyotin road, next to TMB bank, maybe the first stop.

Thanks for all your help guys,

I will try that bitd park out the kids will love it.

Erg,

I will certainly be trying out your suggestion for a couple of weeks just before my trip.

If I mention your name there will I get a discount on admission or any sort of discount seeing as you seem to be on such good terms with the owner?

Edited by In the Rai!