Farang Food & Hill Tribes Cooks !

gerry1011

We have been contacted by the Thai person who is a (western) restaurant owner and cook in Europe.

He is in Thailand at the moment and offered to come to teach how to make farang food to a little group of hill tribes students from Maechan.

This course will last about 10 days, and could be taking place in the kitchen of the school.

However, since the students live in their school all year round (Suksa Song Kraw Maechan), an outside activity would be much more exciting.

If you happen to be, or to know, a restaurant owner in the Chiangrai area and would like to help by providing fully equiped kitchen, it would be wonderful.

The course could happen in the morning during one or two hours, when the restaurant is still closed.

The students of Suksa Song Kraw Maechan school come from very poor families and many have no parents. Every opportunity we can give them to learn something can help their future. And they always grab these opportunities very happily.

I anticipate that some people might say that it is better to teach them their own culture instead of farang food. It would be valuable indeed, and I am sure everybody agrees on that. However, there is no harm in learning something from another cultrure, especially when it can help their future. I am sure everybody agrees on that too...

Hope you can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gerry, sorry for the late reply, i totally missed this topic, limbo told me about it.

I think this is a beautifull initiative, and you are more then welcome to "borrow" my kichen, we open at 12.00 hours, so before that you can use whatever you like.

Please contact me at Bo,s plae. :o

erg

Hi Gerry, sorry for the late reply, i totally missed this topic, limbo told me about it.

I think this is a beautifull initiative, and you are more then welcome to "borrow" my kichen, we open at 12.00 hours, so before that you can use whatever you like.

Please contact me at Bo,s plae. :o

erg

Thak you very much :D

I still need to arrange a few details with the school and the teachers and get back to you...

G.

Please contact me at Bo,s plae. :D

erg

I still need to arrange a few details with the school and the teachers and get back to you...

G.

Eh ... , is there a possibilty that the local community could draw up a chair to taste the result and to give some constructive criticism? :o

Limbo :D

Please contact me at Bo,s plae. :D

erg

G.

Eh ... , is there a possibilty that the local community could draw up a chair to taste the result and to give some constructive criticism? :o

Limbo :D

We will certainly invite you to taste Limbo :D