2 Speaker Systems from 1 TV?

Soi Sauce

Hello,

I've got 2 subwoofer and satellite systems, 1 with great mid range and the other great bass and highs.

What I'd like to do is run them both at the same time off of my TV.

Problem is the only audio output on the tv is a headfone jack. I bought a jack output to 2 jack sockets lead but this creates a loud hum and no sound.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

What is your originating A/V source? Satellite set top box?

Normally you'd run L/R channel to your external amplifier.

My AV source is the headfone output on the TV. Running it from the sat box would give me no sound on DVD or thumb drive input.

My suggestion would be to connect all your speakers to a single Audio Amplifier.

You can then use a minijack to L/R RCA to feed the TV Audio-out into the Audio Amplifier.

Or better yet, use an Audio Amplifier with multiple inputs so you can directly connect your AV Sources (BR/DVD Player, Game Console, Internet box, Sat set top box, whatever), by plugging directly into the device Audio Out and into the Audio Amplifier. If needed, you can use RCA "Y" Adapters ( one plug to two plugs adapter) if your L/R Audio Out on the device is already being used.

We use a small Audio Amplifier with two Audio Inputs. One Audio input is always connected to a BR/DVD player in a cabinet, the other Audio Input uses a L/R RCA to minijack cable that the family used to either plug into the TV, Android TV Internet box, or their smartphone depending on what they want to do at the time.

Our only issue, the 'older people' (like Mom) gets a little confused when the kids leave the minijack plugged into the TV with the stereo Audio Amplifier turned off -- as the minijack disables the TV's internal speakers -- and she doesn't remember she needs to unplug the cable to use the TV as a stand-alone TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a scart output spare on the TV?

You could get a scart connector with 2 mono L/R RCA out sockets.

If one of your amps has an ext/aux out, chain that to your other amps input.

SCART-Plug.jpg

I wouldn't suggest wiring all the speakers up to the same amp as the impedance/resistance will change and you risk frying your amp. (presuming you have 2 sets of 5?)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived