Yes, It's Gone ...

rishi

Now, Its 25 minutes past that dreadline. I've stopped for good ... not the tiniest bit of alcohol will ever enter my lips in this lifetime! ... Do you belive me? ... If not, then why not?

I did that too....stopped totally, but for periods of 6 month .....but that also meant no Parties :o , no more Dinners with decent Wines , wedding Celebrations with mineral water??? :D .....it is doable ,not a lot of Fun, and you "out " yourself by doing so....drinking in moderation is OK for me and works fine . Drinking a lot and too much was dominant when i was a bit younger....

To stop without preparing yourself won't work i found ....you cut your drinks down befor stopping, i did it in conjunction of a diet ...and of course no diet with alcohol, so this went hand in hand with my drink-stop .

I think it is importatn to have a reduced drink rate before you stop totally , if not , i think you will fail with your plan,

rcm :D

Now, Its 25 minutes past that dreadline. I've stopped for good ... not the tiniest bit of alcohol will ever enter my lips in this lifetime! ... Do you belive me? ... If not, then why not?

Dependson a lot of things - are you addicted, are you an alcoholic, how serious are you, how strong is your will-power :o

Let us know how you get on. Good luck :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dependson a lot of things - are you addicted, are you an alcoholic, how serious are you, how strong is your will-power :o

Let us know how you get on. Good luck :D

Neeranam, I thought will power had nothing to do with it. :D

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-09-22 16:53:13) *

Neeranam, I thought will power had nothing to do with it. tongue.gif

Will-power has a lot to do with it, if you are heavy drinker but not an alcoholic. tongue.gif tongue.gif

So what is the difference between the two?

Try looking at the many threads already, where I tried to explain. If you can't see now, I guess you never will.

Try looking at the many threads already, where I tried to explain. If you can't see now, I guess you never will.

You explained your idea of what alcoholism is. I understood your points. I'm asking what the difference between a heavy drinker and an alcoholic is. To the best of my knowledge you haven't outlined this.

You explained your idea of what alcoholism is. I understood your points. I'm asking what the difference between a heavy drinker and an alcoholic is. To the best of my knowledge you haven't outlined this.

I think a good definition simply is that an alcoholic is someone who has lost the power of choice in taking a drink. I know lots of heavy drinkers and alcoholics - the main difference I have seen is when the alcoholic takes a drink, it takes about 20 minutes for the body to react and then they need another one. I've seen heavy drinkers take a couple of drinks and then change to cups of tea and other soft drinks, and feel no cravings for another. Also in the morning after a drunk, a heavy drinker doesn't get withdrawal symptoms like an alcoholic, and can carry on with their job or whatever, normally, only with maybe a sore head.

I didn't have a drink for maybe 1 or 2 months, then after one drink all plans were out the window and in the morning I had terrible shakiness and other physical reactions like I'd been drinking for weeks.

This is only my humble, observed opinion :o

yeah, I`d go along witht that.

i used to be a drunk (heavy drinker).

But I was always in control, and I always knew when to call it a day.,

Somewhere along the line, I lost that control, and it was all about "another drink, another drink" non stop..

Now I`m getting back on track, but that is beside the point.