EPL Transfers, Rumours etc, Summer 2015

uptheos

So Santi apparently we've agreed deals with Vidal and Martinez.

But we haven't spoken to their clubs.

So obviously that's true then.

Vidal is a beast I would love for him to come and play for United.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he is a bit of a monster, I rather think the English press would be all over him like a cheap suit though.

Yes he is a bit of a monster, I rather think the English press would be all over him like a cheap suit though.

Maybe the English press could tell us how much Vidal pays his barber and tat man.

Should just rename this thread "2016 transfer bollux" biggrin.png

Manchester City have emerged as overwhelming favourites to secure the signature of Raheem Sterling and will bid for the England star when the transfer window opens.
A move to Arsenal is Raheem Sterling’s favoured potential outcome as his summer transfer saga rumbles on, according to reports from the Daily Star.

I really hope Manchester Dhabi buy him!

Tottenham have completed the £4.3million signing of Cologne defender Kevin Wimmer and the player will officially join the club in June.

The Austrian defender confirmed the move after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg, saying: ‘I go to Tottenham, it is the next step in my development.

'I don’t mind whether they make the Europa League. I go to Tottenham, to go to the next level.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3094563/Tottenham-complete-signing-Cologne-defender-Kevin-Wimmer-4-3m.html

Tottenham have completed the £4.3million signing of Cologne defender Kevin Wimmer and the player will officially join the club in June.

The Austrian defender confirmed the move after Saturday's 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg, saying: ‘I go to Tottenham, it is the next step in my development.

'I don’t mind whether they make the Europa League. I go to Tottenham, to go to the next level.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3094563/Tottenham-complete-signing-Cologne-defender-Kevin-Wimmer-4-3m.html

A center back replacement for Chiriches, who will have his bags packed by now. Can't see many more coming in but the defense desperately needed addressing.

A center back replacement for Chiriches, who will have his bags packed by now. Can't see many more coming in but the defense desperately needed addressing.

Strange carms, general consensus is that we need an experienced Centre Back but Wimmer is not one facepalm.gif

Strange carms, general consensus is that we need an experienced Centre Back but Wimmer is not one facepalm.gif

Know what you mean but i suppose it depends on how good this lad is!!

Strange really because Stephan De Vrig went to a Serie A club (can't remember which one) for around 9m. Thats cheap imho because he is young but experienced and was possibly the best center back last world cup.

I suppose what i'm saying is, a top flight center back that we need should be within our budget if we look abroad.

I wonder how excited fans were before they actually played?

Top five Premier League flops of the season

PUBLISHED25/05/2015 | 07:56

Three players based in Manchester and two of Liverpool's summer signings feature in the unwanted list.

Radamel Falcao

Manchester United looked to have pulled off a sensational coup on transfer deadline day last summer as they completed the season-long loan signing of Falcao from Monaco.

The Colombia striker came with a fine goal-scoring record to his name - but also having only just returned from a serious knee injury that ruled him out of the World Cup.

And given his performances since, it would appear he is now not a player able to deliver in the Premier League - and United have already announced they will not take up their option to sign permanently.

Angel Di Maria

While the deal for Falcao was expensive as far as loans go, the signing of Di Maria - wrapped up six days earlier - was truly eye-catching in a financial sense, with United paying a British record £59.7million fee to secure the Argentina winger from Real Madrid. That figure in itself placed plenty of expectation on a player already with a considerable reputation, but he has struggled to live up to it and lost his place in the starting XI in March.

Eliaquim Managala

This was another signing from last summer where the fee paid made people sit up and take notice, although not so much was known by English football fans about Manchester City's new £32million recruit Mangala, a France international centre-back brought in from Porto.

Unfortunately, as time has gone on, it has come to appear as if the Blues have paid a lot of money to acquire an error-prone player who is not adapting well to the demands of the Premier League.

Mario Balotelli

Balotelli, a man who won plenty of fans during his time with City, needed no introduction when his return to English football was sealed in August with a £16million move to Liverpool from AC Milan. Many thought even if the maverick Italy striker did not bring the goods on the field, he would still provide plenty of entertainment with his general antics. But for whatever reason, the 24-year-old has not really delivered on either front.

Dejan Lovren

Another Liverpool summer signing, Croatia centre-back Lovren arrived at Anfield last July in a reported £20million deal off the back of an impressive 2013-14 campaign in the Southampton defence. Almost a year on, he has been battling to rescue his reputation after making a series of shaky displays for his new club, which led to him being dropped.

Press Association

Eliaquim Managala

This was another signing from last summer where the fee paid made people sit up and take notice, although not so much was known by English football fans about Manchester City's new £32million recruit Mangala, a France international centre-back brought in from Porto.

Unfortunately, as time has gone on, it has come to appear as if the Blues have paid a lot of money to acquire an error-prone player who is not adapting well to the demands of the Premier League.

I must admit I've not been a great a fan of Mangala. Showed potential at the start of the season but doesn't seem to have improved. However, when you look at the cold hard stats, he has played alongside Demechelis just 14 times this season and not lost a single game of those 14. Has he got a better understanding with Demi than the other players? Has there been too many changes for him to get a partnership and understanding going? Has he been given enough game time?

Whatever the answers are to those questions, I think calling him a "flop" in his first year is a tad harsh. We'll see how he goes on in his second year.

Gareth Bale to Manchester United is almost a done deal, according to the Sunday Express journalist John Richardson.

Speaking on MUTV ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League clash with Juventus, Richardson claimed that the transfer is all but completed, with

Bale’s treatment at the hands of the Madrid fans alleged to be the driving force behind the move.

‘I think it’s almost a done deal to be honest,’ he said.

‘I know somebody very close to Gareth Bale and the public are not hearing the real thing.

‘He’s very unhappy there and he’s unhappy with his treatment.’

The former Tottenham man’s arrival at Old Trafford would mark a serious statement of intent from Louis van Gaal, who has already secured his first

summer signing in the form of Memphis Depay.

Any deal for Bale would likely cost at least £80million, but that fee is likely to be within United’s reach as they prepare to reap the financial benefits of

their record-breaking kit deal with Adidas.

I wonder if Hazard leaves for RM, if that would have any outcome of Bale going to Chelsea?

If Bale goes to OT at least that will see the back of Ashley 'diving' Young

Eliaquim Managala

I must admit I've not been a great a fan of Mangala. Showed potential at the start of the season but doesn't seem to have improved. However, when you look at the cold hard stats, he has played alongside Demechelis just 14 times this season and not lost a single game of those 14. Has he got a better understanding with Demi than the other players? Has there been too many changes for him to get a partnership and understanding going? Has he been given enough game time?

Whatever the answers are to those questions, I think calling him a "flop" in his first year is a tad harsh. We'll see how he goes on in his second year.

For whatever reason, i know not, but the weakest center back you have on last seasons performance is Kompany. I don't watch City nearly as much as yourself and i'm sure you have a better informed take on it but for me he's just trading off past performances when he was outstanding.

This season he's looked somewhere between shaky and awful and his positional play makes him a nightmare for the other center back to defend with. He leaves huge gaping holed infant of goal having been drawn out of position. If he didn't have such a strong midfield infront of him i shudder to think how he'd fare.

Is he past his best? Never going to be the same player again? I really can't see this guy being the rock of City's defense as he used to be.

Eliaquim Managala

For whatever reason, i know not, but the weakest center back you have on last seasons performance is Kompany. I don't watch City nearly as much as yourself and i'm sure you have a better informed take on it but for me he's just trading off past performances when he was outstanding.

This season he's looked somewhere between shaky and awful and his positional play makes him a nightmare for the other center back to defend with. He leaves huge gaping holed infant of goal having been drawn out of position. If he didn't have such a strong midfield infront of him i shudder to think how he'd fare.

Is he past his best? Never going to be the same player again? I really can't see this guy being the rock of City's defense as he used to be.

Your observations have been spot on Carms. Kompany has been woeful at times this season and a shadow of his former self. Don't know whether he fully got over his injury before coming back and then had a drop in confidence. Either way, he better shape up or ship out. He's been a brilliant servant for City for there's no room for sentimentality in football.

Gareth Bale to Manchester United is almost a done deal, according to the Sunday Express journalist John Richardson.

Speaking on MUTV ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League clash with Juventus, Richardson claimed that the transfer is all but completed, with

Bale’s treatment at the hands of the Madrid fans alleged to be the driving force behind the move.

‘I think it’s almost a done deal to be honest,’ he said.

‘I know somebody very close to Gareth Bale and the public are not hearing the real thing.

‘He’s very unhappy there and he’s unhappy with his treatment.’

The former Tottenham man’s arrival at Old Trafford would mark a serious statement of intent from Louis van Gaal, who has already secured his first

summer signing in the form of Memphis Depay.

Any deal for Bale would likely cost at least £80million, but that fee is likely to be within United’s reach as they prepare to reap the financial benefits of

their record-breaking kit deal with Adidas.

I wonder if Hazard leaves for RM, if that would have any outcome of Bale going to Chelsea?

If Bale goes to OT at least that will see the back of Ashley 'diving' Young

can't see Chelsea sanctioning Hazards sale to RM, "yet" After all, they are still living in fantasy world thinking that because of Abramovic's cash they are infact as big a club as the elite group of Real, Barca Bayern ect.

Young's been one of United's best performers this season and since they've also just signed Memphis Depay a move for Bale is very unlikely. They have greater priorities for a central midfield, a striker and someone in defense.

can't see Chelsea sanctioning Hazards sale to RM, "yet" After all, they are still living in fantasy world thinking that because of Abramovic's cash they are infact as big a club as the elite group of Real, Barca Bayern ect.

^^^^^^must be that mumbo jumbo nonsense time of the afternoon again!!!

its a carmine the fruit loop , good arvo to allsmile.png

. Kompany has been woeful at times this season and a shadow of his former self. Don't know whether he fully got over his injury before coming back and then had a drop in confidence. Either way, he better shape up or ship out. He's been a brilliant servant for City for there's no room for sentimentality in football.

he played with injurys,and sadly paid the price

kompany is top draw, and is m/citys john terry so to speak, he will be back next season and business will be back to normal ,, could .nt put enuff money on it

again top drawbiggrin.png

Young has had the season of his career, in an otherwise decidedly mediocre United side.

I think he's proved even the most hardened red wrong, you're criticism of him is unfounded, this season.

redrus

Young has had the season of his career, in an otherwise decidedly mediocre United side.

I think he's proved even the most hardened red wrong, you're criticism of him is unfounded, this season.

redrus

I think Young after his performances this season has to be looked at in a different light.Frankly couldn't believe what I was seeing this season,this was the player that was rightly being castigated for diving and failing to even get a cross in.An English call up is probably deserved.

Knowing that LVG now requires 2 quality players for every position not sure where that leaves Young if Bale did come along ,which is still a very long shot.Young is nowhere as effective on the right flank as he is on the left.In fact as LVG has said the whole team is out of balance and huge job to get a fully functioning unit.

I discount last Saturday as Hull played like men possessed,absolutely magnificent display from them,they deserved a goal ,United didn't. 3 ex United players and Spurs discard Dawson in particular playing the games of their lives, all for nought. Bruce in defeat must have been very proud.

Eliaquim Managala

Amazingly poor performances from Kompany. Dead on analysis from Carmine. I don't know how he is physically but his confidence looks shot to hell. Within seconds after coming on yesterday he struggled with a ball at his feet. His body language is horrible.

He has been a rock for years but the City brain trust will need to take a long hard look at Vinnie in the off season.

LVG has said the whole team is out of balance and huge job to get a fully functioning unit.

. Bruce in defeat must have been very proud.

but tulips stated, give me three months,and i will find the balance

a full season on, plus 150 mil flushed down the dunny, m/u have not progressed(or the balance),as any football fan would expect, coming from the biggest club in the world

I.M.O. tulips has seriously underestimated the strength and competiveness of the E.P.L

sure give him another throw of the dice (150 mil plus) to find his balance, and i still doubt that he will have m/u fighting on all fronts next season

not to mentioned he has the C/L to deal with, my call is, that he will be punted by the end of next season, unless there is a massive turn around in fortunes at O.T

fizzles, u say brucey must have been very proud, are u in disneyland or what, he was absoulately shattered at the result,and rightly so

to all my loyal readersbiggrin.png , its a tremendous good morning to allsmile.png

LVG has said the whole team is out of balance and huge job to get a fully functioning unit.

a full season on, plus 150 mil flushed down the dunny, m/u have not progressed(or the balance),as any football fan would expect, coming from the biggest club in the world

I.M.O. tulips has seriously underestimated the strength and competiveness of the E.P.L

sure give him another throw of the dice (150 mil plus) to find his balance, and i still doubt that he will have m/u fighting on all fronts next season

not to mentioned he has the C/L to deal with, my call is, that he will be punted by the end of next season, unless there is a massive turn around in fortunes at O.T

fizzles, u say brucey must have been very proud, are u in disneyland or what, he was absoulately shattered at the result,and rightly so

to all my loyal readersbiggrin.png , its a tremendous good morning to allsmile.png

The Hull team gave it everything and he had every right to be proud and rather "emotionally shattered" at the final whistle.

btw, you've changed your tune about van Gaal haven't you!! You would currently be better advised to comment on Man Utd once you've seen how they have shaped up on 1st Sept. They have an awful lot of money to spend and will buy in top quality.

....and they lined the streets of sw6 in their tens........cheesy.gif

The Hull team gave it everything and he had every right to be proud and rather "emotionally shattered" at the final whistle.

btw, you've changed your tune about van Gaal haven't you!! You would currently be better advised to comment on Man Utd once you've seen how they have shaped up on 1st Sept. They have an awful lot of money to spend and will buy in top quality.

....and they lined the streets of sw6 in their tens........cheesy.gif

To be fair its not easy to get a train into SW6 from Surrey....and no free plastic flags either!! laugh.png

According to reports in the South American media, Arsenal have finalised a deal to bring Arturo Vidal to the Emirates, and will make an announcement once the Copa America has been concluded. After it was reported last week that the Gunners had agreed to a four-year deal for the player after a meeting with his agent Fernando Felicevich, who also represents Alexis Sanchez, it seems as though both parties have shook hands on the deal.

http://www.justarsenal.com/arsenal-new-signing-confirmed-brilliant/41500?

Schneiderlin's own words:

"I think my decision is made. If I leave Southampton it is for a club that plays better than Europa League.
"The Champions League is my goal and if I leave Southampton it will be for a club in the Champions League.
"I have to give myself every chance of playing in the European Championships next year.
"The goal is to stay in England. I know the league and it is a lot of fun."

So I'd say that's narrowed it down to four clubs (or maybe even three tongue.png )

"I think my decision is made. If I leave Southampton it is for a club that plays better than Europa League.
"The Champions League is my goal and if I leave Southampton it will be for a club in the Champions League.
"I have to give myself every chance of playing in the European Championships next year.

So I'd say that's narrowed it down to four clubs (or maybe even three tongue.png )

Well only 3 if he want's to go to a club that gets to the quarter finals biggrin.png

Well only 3 if he want's to go to a club that gets to the quarter finals biggrin.png

Yeah, you really didn't get that one did you?

facepalm.gif

Archived