90 days reporting

Came upon this situation on Facebook..Phuket immigration and others now want a copy of house owners ID and house blue book,when doing a 90 day report,not always easy to get from your landlord.

Anyone know about this..I report at Jomtien soon?

Yes, it's true at least for Phuket immigration. They do want you to prove your residence. One way, if you are renting, is to show a copy of your lease agreement, accompanied by your landlord's Thai ID card and tabien baan (blue house registration book).

If this is a new address for you, you may also be expected to submit a T.M. 30 on behalf of your landlord, if your landlord has not already done so for you.

Dealing with Phuket immigration these days does require a lot of cooperation with your landlord. Good luck.

Jomtien was fine.

Last time I reported was told just bring passport next time no forms or docs.,then you read about all this extra paperwork.What if your landlord won't help?

These autocratic rules of the local top dogs are so annoying.

On one hand an online reporting is introduced, on the other hand this nonsense bureaucracy bah.gif

"Whats your immigration like" should be a point on the "where to live" checklist wink.png

Jomtien was fine.

Last time I reported was told just bring passport next time no forms or docs.,then you read about all this extra paperwork.What if your landlord won't help?

Was at Jomtien last week. Just handed the officer my passport and he read the bar code from the last report, printed out the new report. Done.

If it's your first time to do a report, not sure what they would want. Probably the TM.47 and photocopies of relevant pages from your passport & something verifying your address. After the first report you should be good to go with just the passport & previous bar coded report.

Back when I used the TM.47 and had a bunch of things photocopied from passport, etc., they were happy with a copy of a 3BB or Condo monthly statement. Now even that is not required. Just give them the passport.

I never have been asked for proof of address when doing the annual extension of stay at Jomtien either.

Edited by Suradit69

Looks like Jomtien is OK..for now.On Facebook it is being suggested that this is linked to Thai landlords not declaring rental income for tax and farangs are being used to uncover them.And if some innocent person loses their visa because their landlord won't cooperate..tough titties!