Pataks curry paste

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky to find some in Central food hall Chiang Mai, it was reduced to 99 THB,

so I bought 7 jars, 3 kinds,use by date next year, saved my daughter bringing from

UK for me, no other shops seem to have any in Chiang Mai,now only some sauces

which you have to use at once,and lots of Pataks pickles,don't think we will see it any

more in Thailand.

regards worgeordie

• 4 weeks later...

Is Pataks being discontinued in Thailand, at least in tops? I've watching the shelves gradually empty, and I see in recent weeks a range of Sharwoods sauces and pastes filling the shelves vacated by Pataks

Is Pataks being discontinued in Thailand, at least in tops? I've watching the shelves gradually empty, and I see in recent weeks a range of Sharwoods sauces and pastes filling the shelves vacated by Pataks

It also appears to be happening here in Pattaya at Friendship however knowing what things are like it may be just someone in the wholesaler forgot to order Pataks.

• 10 months later...

Patak's seem to have been completely discontinued in thailand now. Or Bkk at least.

Tesco, Big C, Tops, Macro and Villa market all no longer stock it, for the past 3+ months now.

Does anybody know a mail order delivery service that has it in Thailand?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, meatboy said:

EVEREST PERFECT BLEND OF SPICES

Local stuff? Tesco-Lotus? Big C? Mom & Pop store?

Looks like it is made in India and probably the same stuff that some chaps brought up from Malaysia last year when we were working on a Norwegian ship.

Locally available? I know that there's plenty of imported "Shan" and "Mother's Recipe" mixes in packets at Makro and elsewhere.

44 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Local stuff? Tesco-Lotus? Big C? Mom & Pop store?

Looks like it is made in India and probably the same stuff that some chaps brought up from Malaysia last year when we were working on a Norwegian ship.

Locally available? I know that there's plenty of imported "Shan" and "Mother's Recipe" mixes in packets at Makro and elsewhere.

I have a neighbor  who works in india so he brings me what I need.

the indian market Bangkok definitely sells them.

I get TANDOORI CHICKEN MASALA

MEAT MASALA

CHICKEN MASALA

each one has about 16 spices.

17 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Just bought some jars this afternoon in Villa Market in Bangkok.

149b each.

Tikka Masala.

Madras.

Korma. 

That would be the jars of curry sauce rather than the sachets (packets) of curry paste?

Good to know that some variants of Pataks is still around. Thanks.

Archived