Marriage to hi so girl

PeVee1st

Have to laugh, that many farangs believe Thai girls with even the remotest of Chinese ancestry are Hi-so, especially considering probably the majority of Thai people have a Chinese ancestor in their family tree somewhere, including women of ill repute and the underclasses of Thai society.

Any decent middle to upper class Thai woman would never consider getting involved with a farang, in fact most Thais believe forming relationships with farangs is a step down the social ladder.

I think that if a farang has to buy his way into a relationship with a Thai woman, says a lot about the lack of amour propre regarding all parties concerned. Anyone willing to pay millions of bahts for the hand of a Thai woman, has to be a very sad individual indeed.

Most Thais most certainly do not have Chinese ancestors in their family. If they did, this probably wouldn't be a third world country. Any Chinese-Thai I've met (and there are many, purely on a professional basis I might add) are all diligent, intelligent, financially tuned in and ambitious.

Therefore, most Thais do not have Chinese ancestors.

No disrespect to you or the Thais intended.

Agh no disrespect to you but 40% Thai people part Chinese. wai2.gif
ethnic Thai 75%, Thai Chinese 14%, other 11%
approx 9,400,000
Thais of significant Chinese heritage (14% of the Thai population)[1]
up to 26,000,000
Thais of at least partly Chinese descent (around 40% of the Thai population) (2012)
  • Like 1

Yeap, my Thai in-laws have a lot a lot of Chinese ancestry in the blood line....usually starting at the great grant parent and grand parent level. And just on my soi of around a dozen houses approx half of the households have Chinese ancestry, celebrate Chinese holidays & traditions, etc.

• Like 1

Black Fox.

You are wrong. Some are. Not many though

Okay then. You tell me what constitutes Hi-So.

Again, no foreigner in this country is married to Hi-So.

You clearly neither know history here, nor read the newspaper regularly.

So many open questions for the OP. But nothing coming back.

But those are the tales that inspired William Shakespeare to become a novelist and Richard Wagner to compose bombastic operas.

The trolls and their story's in this forum are getting more sophisticated by the month. Respect !

Cheers.

• Like 1

I think you and I draw a different line on the definition.

Even supremely upper class is not high society.

The Chirathivat family for example are supremely wealthy, but not Hi-So.

Anyhow, I think the OP's son is out of his depth and if Daddy has to seek advice of this nature from us then...he has some serious limitations.

Edited by Blackfox

This must be either a troll post, are there are some really out of touch people.

I always felt the iron rule should be no money to the family of the lovely

Thai daughter. That seems to be a slippery path that always ends in tears,

with her family members calling you the farang buffalo behind your bike....

• Like 1

"I think you and I draw a different line on the definition."

OK, how do you define it then?

Because typically wealthy families with long history or those with titles are what one would usually consider HISO. There are members of the Singh family which is a very HiSo family that have members married to foreigners.

There have been some very high society weddings in the papers over the past few years that were mixed marriages.

• Like 1

The sin sod was supposed to be for show to save face so my son could invest in the business. The family agreed to this plan, but later changed their minds.

Latest I was told was 2 mill.thb.

So I think they will actually only be hi-so after you paid the sinsod. Keep in mind that many so-so hi-so's actually have more debt than assets, but as a Thai they will never show that.

Edited by TheCruncher

Black Fox.

We have crossed swords before Beetlejuice, but this is pretty damn funny..... :-)

Black Fox.

We have crossed swords before Beetlejuice, but this is pretty damn funny..... :-)

I have my good points.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

The sin sod was supposed to be for show to save face so my son could invest in the business. The family agreed to this plan, but later changed their minds.

Latest I was told was 2 mill.thb.

Bwahahahahaha. Two million baht. Kiss my...son goodbye.

2 million thb for sin sod blink.png AND they want you to pay for the wedding too!.....Well....sounds like somebody has to start standing up to them otherwise you'll be the laughing stock of the wedding.

Agreed, but like the other posters, I cant help but think a real Hi-So family would not be so LO-So to ask the farangs side to dish out everything.

Real Hi-so's like to flaunt their wealth for all to see..like showing up in 15 brand new white Mercedes for example. It would be under them to be asking farangs for money for this and that.

Come to think of it a real Hi-so family probably wouldnt approve of their lot marrying a lowly farang either....not when there are numerous Hi-so Thai males lurking about

Black Fox.

What about So So - also known as Dark Horses ? What happened to them?

Have to laugh, that many farangs believe Thai girls with even the remotest of Chinese ancestry are Hi-so, especially considering probably the majority of Thai people have a Chinese ancestor in their family tree somewhere, including women of ill repute and the underclasses of Thai society.

Any decent middle to upper class Thai woman would never consider getting involved with a farang, in fact most Thais believe forming relationships with farangs is a step down the social ladder.

I think that if a farang has to buy his way into a relationship with a Thai woman, says a lot about the lack of amour propre regarding all parties concerned. Anyone willing to pay millions of bahts for the hand of a Thai woman, has to be a very sad individual indeed.

My wife is Thai Chinese - and she is SO SO, so therecoffee1.gif

You know, smallish breasts, thick legs..

Hi So Thai girls have larger breasts and skinny legs - real skinny

fooled you

Edited by Rooo

Black Fox.

Your last statement is piffle. Go pick up Tatler and you will find me reclining at the Hua Hin polo club with my hiso Princess.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pertinent replies.

I will take on board some replies & speak with my son as suggested.

I started this as I expected the family would pay for everything to prove their position.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pertinent replies.

I will take on board some replies & speak with my son as suggested.

I started this as I expected the family would pay for everything to prove their position.

Thanks for your help.

Please also thank the non-pertinent replies as they were extremely entertaining.

I think we might get a quick update.

What business does he intend to start in order to keep this girl in the manner to which she has been accustomed?

Speculation is the business will be centered around a big white talking buffalo, who the employees will refer to as "boss" and his father as "papa" whilst laughing in fits when out of sight.

Dear OP aren't you married to a Thai woman and live in Udon? Why would you be asking this kind of stuff?

Don't you already know the answers?

OP. You know the answer. Me thinks you are just seeking a little sympathy.

Well the dude is thinking with the wrong head for sure....where will this end.... families.. marrying into families.. always a cultural challenge and adventure....it is a roll of the dice.

Hmm... walking ATB....the butt end of jokes by the relatives....two faced comments by relatives..

A poor little son, still in love.. and the HI SO still cannot think for herself, because her lifestyle and family rule the day, and the next, and the next..

LEAVE always.. find another one..