Where to buy Non-GMO soy beans?

Hi,

Does anyone know where to buy non-GMO soy beans? I've looked into all the major supermarkets, but I couldn't find any soy beans that's labeled as non-GMO though I did see one tofu product that was labeled as non-GMO. I wonder if the soy beans sell in Thailand are non-GMO and that's why it was not labeled. Any comment? Because my hubby and I have stopped drinking milk, we would like to substitute it with soy bean milk. Any advice? Thanks!

If you're in Bangkok, try the Santi Asoke group. Lotsa health food stuff. These people are pretty strict about health and environment stuff, and Buddhist practice in daily life. In Bang Kapi, Nawamin Soi 44. There's a vegetarian (mostly vegan) restaurant, which is probably mostly organic as well. Lotta little shops run by people belonging to the group in the immediate area of the group's temple. Very foreigner-friendly group, though, like most of Thailand, few people speak much English, and there isn't a lot of labeling or signs in English.

You're looking to buy the beans in bulk, I guess. If so, tell a shopkeeper. Do you communicate okay in Thai? At least well enough to ask for someone who speaks English?

If you're not in Bangkok ... they've got temples / shops / restaurants in other provinces around the country.

Thanks a lot! I'm in Phuket, but I can ask my friend in BKK to buy it for me if I can't find it here. No, I don't speak Thai, but I can manage to find someone. biggrin.png There are many temples around where I live, so I hope I can get some "healthy" soy beans here without troubling my friend in BKK.smile.png

Archived