I am going to try, forgive me when i make mistakes

james.d

it is 20.19 here where I work in South america, I don't know but I think my wife deserves more. Currently I am in south America, and have the knowing my contract is up. Sorry for the long introduction but I drink a lot, to you it may not seem so but it need several glass before I go to work but this has not been the excuse for ever. My wife puts up with my because I provide.

I never did this before, I mean admit that every day I need to taste it, get confidence, get normal.

I want to try for my family.

Sorry overlookers/moderators please delete if not within your rules

Sounds like a thousand stories I've heard before. All from people who no longer drink after they admitted they had a problem.

Try an AA meeting. Introduce yourself to an old guy who's been around a while. It's free, and it seems like you have not much to lose if it doesn't work for you, and a lot to gain if it works for you.

It worked for me.

For some people, a rigid exercise/diet program can ween them off booze. In the beginning, personal trainers are an absolute must. When you come to feel better and look better, then the motivation really starts to kick in.

Good luck!

Well, admitting is the first step. If you can do the hard yards, you will get the rewards but seek help as you need a support system to be there for you. All the best and I hope the long road ahead reaps the rewards.

she beat me fair and square, hands up she got me...again.

The last increase in the price of beer was enough for me. No more putting money in some fat cat's pocket. I cut back from 4 a day to 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday. Darn stuff tastes terrible now may quite entirely. I look forward to it as a weekend treat along with s*x

• 2 weeks later...

AA is free and it works when other stuff doesn't. That is IF you're an alcoholic, only you can say for yourself.

missed you by 12 minutes ding IF you know what I mean.

AA in Haiti

https://sites.google.com/site/aainhaiti/

AA in S. Africa

http://www.aasouthafrica.org.za/Meetings.aspx

AAers need to give it away to keep it - sobriety I mean. That's about it. Pretty simple.

• 7 months later...

I think you are starting off on the wrong foot.

I say this because of the "forgive me when I make mistakes".

You need to compliment yourself on any progress. If you beat yourself up for falling off the wagon, you'll feel bad and you could very well end up increasing how much you drink.

Think about it - do you want your journey to sobriety to be a series of failures or a series of successes? It's simply a matter of perspective. You can pat yourself on the back for the steps forward, no matter how small or you can beat yourself up for not keeping up to lofty goals.

Cut yourself some slack. Don't be your own worse critic.

Good luck.

Archived