Animal Feed Manufacturers Chiang Rai Region

allblack

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie to the forum, so please be gentle with me.

I have approached the Thai Board of Investment to establish an animal raising enterprise in Chiang Rai. The animals will be for human consumption. We hope to be operational by March 2007.

I have tried on many occasions to find Commercial Animal Feed manufacturers in the Chiang Rai area without success.

We require the feed to be made to our formula and pelletised. We may, at a later stage, require medication added to the pellets.

My question is, to the learned forum, are there any Commercial Animal feed businesses in the area.

I would appreciate your help and input.

Many thanks & Regards

Allblack

ex Kiwi & now in Melbourne Australia

Allblack

Sorry to sound harsh – and please correct me if I am wrong – but something doesn’t add up here.

You are hoping have a animal breeding project operational in March 2007 – and it’s now September 2006, and you are only now looking for animal feed suppliers in the Chang Rai region!!

By this stage you would have submitted your business plan to the BOI and, they have approved (?), and that means you have your chosen the land (Zone 3 would that be?) and the infrastructure is in place (or is been built)…….and I could ask nearly a 100 other questions that would be applicable by this stage (i.e. by the stage that the decision to be operational by next March would imply).

……….. and the most important question – just why have you chosen to go down the BOI route?

The question you are asking is not inline with what I would expect to still be a remaining issue to be resolved for any livestock project, if the plan is to be up and running in March next year – let alone one been set up under BOI rules & regs (and operating and there rules & regs in theory is one thing, but in practise is another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

But I could be wrong – and please do correct me if I am.

Anyway to answer your question – the companies I suggest you contact are (and I am presuming you are looking for bulk purchase):

Thai Feed Mills

48 Moo8

Buddamonthon Soi 4

Sampran

Nakornpathom

Thailand

Tel: 02 - 814 3480

Fax: 02 – 429 2811

They do not manufacture up North, but their distribution network is good and they will custom mix for end users – subject to quantity (around 10 metic ton or more) and will of course debunk to your own silo. Their pricing is very competitive.

Lee Pattana Company

28th Flr

Wall Street Tower

33/137 Surawong Rd.,

Bangrak

Bangkok 10500 Thailand

Tel 02 - 632 7300

Fax 02 – 236 7751

Again, no Northern mill, but they distribute nationwide, will custom mix and deliver, are one of the major pig-food suppliers – but do cattle feed as well. My contact here is Khun Manop Kaoruang on the above number Ext 407 or email him on [email protected]

Charoen Pokhand Feedmills (known in Thailand as CP Gropu)

CP Tower

313 Silom Road

Bangrak

Bangkok

Tel: 02 – 2310231 (and any last 2 digits up till 50)

The big name in Thailand on livestock feed and have mills all over the place. Speak to Khun Phong Visedpaitoon

P Charoen Phan Feedmills

69 / 6 -13 Suksawad Road

Ratburana

Bangkok

Tel 02 – 4630040

A small company, but that will make them more inclined to be willing to offer you a customised product at a more competative price. Contact a guy called Khun Prasit Sirimongkolkasem (speaks English well) – remember in Tahiland L’s are pronounced as “N” – so ask for SirimongkoNkasem (use the L and a good chance the sec. wont know who you’re talking about).

Singeng Sawankaloke Company

620 / 76 – 78 Sathupradit Road

Yannawa

Bangkok

Tel 02 – 294 63 29, 2946330 and 294 6331

Fax 02 – 294 6332

Another small company – Thai Chinese owned, but a great reputation for good quality. Sorry – I don’ have a contact name for these guys.

Star Feedmills

29/8

3 Phetkasem Road

Bangkok

Tel 02 – 421 1025-6, 02 – 2580030

I know nothing about these guys – just have a contact name, Khun Pongthep Chiarayanont.

Thai Silp Cattle Feed Company

1584 / 67 – 71

Samrong Centre

Sukhumvit Road

Samrong Nua

Samut Prakan

Tel 02 – 3932178-9, 02 – 3931956 – 7

Big up North –sepak to Khun Pichai Unopas

The the big big boys are, last but not least:

Cargill Siam Ltd.

18th Floor, Sindhorn Tower III

130-132 Wireless Road, Lumpini

Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel 02-263 2929

Fax 02-263 2940

…… and as can be expected, they are proberbly the most expensive feed manufacturers but can and do offer the biggest range of feed products.

As you can see most of these are BKK based, but they have mills all over the country and do distribute up North.

I wish you all the best and if there is anything you want to know - just ask, there is a wealth of info on this forum from many contirbutors.

Tim

Edited by Maizefarmer

Allblack

Sorry to sound harsh – and please correct me if I am wrong – but something doesn’t add up here.

You are hoping have a animal breeding project operational in March 2007 – and it’s now September 2006, and you are only now looking for animal feed suppliers in the Chang Rai region!!

By this stage I you have you have submitted your business plan to the BOI and they have approved, and that means you have your chosen the land (Zone 3 would that be?) and the infrastructure is in place…….and I could ask nearly a 100 other questions that would be applicable by this stage (i.e. by the stage that the decision to be operational by next March would imply).

……….. and the most important question – just why have you chosen to go down the BOI route.

The question you are asking is not inline with what one would expect to still be a remaining issue to be resolved for any livestock project, if the plan is to be up and running in March next year – let alone one been set up under BOI rules & regs.

Anyway to answer your question – the 3 companies I suggest you contact are (and I am presuming you are looking for bulk purchase):

Thai Feed Mills

48 Moo8

Buddamonthon Soi 4

Sampran

Nakornpathom

Thailand

They do not manufacture up North, but their distribution network is good and they will custom mix for end users – subject to quantity (around 10 metic ton or more) and will of course debunk to your own silo. Their pricing is very competitive.

Lee Pattana Company

28th Flr

Wall Street Tower

33/137 Surawong Rd.,

Bangrak

Bangkok 10500 Thailand

Tel 02 - 632 7300

Fax 02 – 236 7751

Again, no Northern mill, but they distribute nationwide, will custom mix and deliver, are one of the major pig-food suppliers – but do cattle feed as well. My contact here is Khun Manop Kaoruang on the above number Ext 407 or email him on [email protected]

CP Tower

313 Silom Road

Bangrak

Bangkok

The big name in Thailand on livestock feed and have mills all over the place. Speak to Khun Phong Visedpaitoon

P Charoen Phan Feedmills

69 / 6 -13 Suksawad Road

Ratburana

Bangkok

Tel 02 – 4630040

A small company, but that will make them more inclined to be willing to offer you a customised product at a more competative price. Contact a guy called Khun Prasit Sirimongkolkasem (speaks English well) – remember in Tahiland L’s are pronounced as “N” – so ask for SirimongkoNkasem (use the L and a good chance the sec. wont know who you’re talking about).

Yannawa

Bangkok

Fax 02 – 294 6332

Another small company – Thai Chinese owned, but a great reputation for good quality. Sorry – I don’ have a contact name for these guys.

Star Feedmills

29/8

3 Phetkasem Road

Bangkok

I know nothing about these guys – just have a contact name, Khun Pongthep Chiarayanont.

1584 / 67 – 71

Samrong Centre

Sukhumvit Road

Samrong Nua

Samut Prakan

Cargill Siam Ltd.

Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel 02-263 2929

Fax 02-263 2940

…… and as can be expected, they are proberbly the most expensive feed manufacturers but can and do offer the biggest range of feed products.

As you can see most of these are BKK based, but they have mills all over the country and do distribute up North.

I wish you all the best and if there is anything you want to know - just ask, there is a wealth of info on this forum from many contirbutors.

Tim

Many thanks Tim for your response. I don't think for one moment your comments are harsh, in fact I found them helpful, as for the "not adding up", I will explain.

We commenced the planning of our project in July 2005, we had established that there is market in Thailand along with export potential, with a friend who is Thai/Chinese, Sonny, who lives in Melbourne, but travels a lot overseas. He was originally from Chiang Rai. We visited the area in January 2006 for two weeks and selected land for the project in Phao Yao which is zone 3 and only 90 kms form Chiang Rai.

Since our visit our friend Sonny "who could open doors" for us in Thailand has been very difficult to contact, we have heard from him twice in 3 months. So I have had to "wing it" so to speak in setting up the business in Thailand.

In August 2006 I was invited by the Thai Department of Export to attend their Melbourne "roadshow" that gave glowing accounts of establishing and doing business in Thailand through the BOI. I was introduced to several of their officials. Since that time I have been corresponding with various BOI officials and have found that they take quite sometime to reply to emails.

We have completed our plans for the BOI but have not submitted them due to slow responses.

I was due to be in Thailand this month to sort out feed suppliers, wire mesh suppliers for cages, Vets & Vaccines plus a few other labour issues. Unfortunately, I had to have an operation that has slowed me, and our progress, down considerably. I won't be able to visit Thailand until November possibly January 2007.

If there is an easier path to take, rather than the BOI path, I am open to suggestions.

The March 2007 deadline is not "set in cement".

The feed situation is important, the formulation we now use has been "fine tuned" by a feed mill company here, it has proved most successful. The feed formulation can be replicated anywhere. The addition of medication to the feed is not a pressing issue as I can add it in later.

Tim, with my contact Sonny being so difficult to contact and the BOI situation, I would welcome your opinion.

Kind Regards & Thank You Tim.

Glen Antonovich

Allblack

By this stage I you have you have submitted your business plan to the BOI and they have approved, and that means you have your chosen the land (Zone 3 would that be?) and the infrastructure is in place…….and I could ask nearly a 100 other questions that would be applicable by this stage (i.e. by the stage that the decision to be operational by next March would imply).

……….. and the most important question – just why have you chosen to go down the BOI route.

The question you are asking is not inline with what one would expect to still be a remaining issue to be resolved for any livestock project, if the plan is to be up and running in March next year – let alone one been set up under BOI rules & regs.

Anyway to answer your question – the 3 companies I suggest you contact are (and I am presuming you are looking for bulk purchase):

Thai Feed Mills

48 Moo8

Buddamonthon Soi 4

Sampran

Nakornpathom

Thailand

Lee Pattana Company

28th Flr

Wall Street Tower

33/137 Surawong Rd.,

Bangrak

Bangkok 10500 Thailand

Tel 02 - 632 7300

Fax 02 – 236 7751

CP Tower

313 Silom Road

Bangrak

Bangkok

P Charoen Phan Feedmills

69 / 6 -13 Suksawad Road

Ratburana

Bangkok

Tel 02 – 4630040

Yannawa

Bangkok

Fax 02 – 294 6332

Star Feedmills

29/8

3 Phetkasem Road

Bangkok

1584 / 67 – 71

Samrong Centre

Sukhumvit Road

Samrong Nua

Samut Prakan

Cargill Siam Ltd.

Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Tel 02-263 2929

Fax 02-263 2940

Tim