Chiang Mai X-Centre fined for nude bungee jumping

Thaivisa News

naked-bungee-jum-chiang-mai.png

CREDIT: Dailynews.co.th

Chiang Mai: – Mae Rim police have imposed a fine of 1,000 baht for Chiang Mai X-Centre under the charge of allowing a nude bungee jumping last week.

Tipped off by picture circulated in social media yesterday, Colonel Adul Somnuek, superintendent of Mae Rim police station, led a raid of the extreme sports centre, located on Mae Rim-Samoeng Road, Mae Rim district.

X-Centre staff Bancha Chulakul, 37, met the police raid team on the proprietor’s behalf.

Bancha admitted he was the staff member depicted in the picture for assisting a female bungee jumper to jump in the nude.

He said the incident took place last week and that he believed the nude jumper had already left the country.

He said the nude jumping happened without his approval.

Based on his statement, a group of visitors from Hong Kong came to the centre. One of them was a good-looking woman who was later identified as a popular pretty girl, known as Natalie.

The staff member said she wore a bathrobe going up to the jumping tower. After he assisted her to tie the bungee cord, she suddenly took off the bathrobe before leaping off the platform in the nude.

He said he had no time to stop her and that her friends used mobile phones to take the pictures of nude jumping. He said he could do nothing but to help her putting the bathrobe back on after the jump.

He said he understood the nude jumping was meant as a publicity stunt for the woman.

Adul said he would alert the Chinese Consular about the indecent conduct involving a Hong Kong visitor.

Wallop Namwongphrom of the Chiang Mai Cultural Council said he found the nudity unacceptable.

Chiang Mai has been known for its cultural heritage and any act of public indecency would tarnish the provincial reputation, Wallop said.

He urged the provincial authorities to prevent a repeat of such incident.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Thai Law, as long as it was not a public event, it should be OK.

Being nude in public is a 500 baht fine, and hat is all.

Now posting it online, maybe that makes it public or not, depends where and how you post it.

Of course the right to free speech in not totally free here.

The chick turning up to do a bungy jump wearing a "bathrobe" was perfectly normal of course.

And don't tell me he didn't cop a look up the bathrobe while he was attaching the bungy to her ankles. thumbsup.gif

He appears to be gazing fondly at her pubic region, even though he was an unwilling participant. I would not be terribly surprised if he sneaked a look at her hindquarters as well.

I believe he was admiring that she had bigger balls than him!

Is that a female? Where are the boobs?

As a gay man I thought it was a youngman from Japan or so, same body- and hair-stylecheesy.gif

Don't tell me you guys can see it is a woman, you only know because of the news bulletin.

"...led a raid of the extreme sports centre..."

A bit overly dramatic for the incident that was long over with and 1000 baht fine. It certainly cost more is gas and time for the raid. They are nothing, but little children playing at their ridiculous games.

I was priveleged to see the video and the associated HD stills yesterday. I was quite impressed.rolleyes.gif thumbsup.gif

Of course it was just a bit of voyeurism but to pay 1000bt for that amount of publicity for your business; I am thinking of a similar stunt myself now.

I think the company should be fined in the first instance. If there are repeats, they should lose their license and cease operations. In terms of the naked jumpers, they should be deported permanently.

I think the company should be fined in the first instance. If there are repeats, they should lose their license and cease operations. In terms of the naked jumpers, they should be deported permanently.

I can see that you will get on well in this forum with a sense of humour like that.cheesy.gif

Why, in these modern times, must the human body be considered so repulsive and be covered?

Given the opportunity, I would love to parade around Bangkok in the nix......I'm sure I would make quite a few people laugh, and would be my contribution to bringing happiness back to the Thai people.

WPFflags.gif

Dibbler, maybe she had been dared to by the western boyfriend for a bit of extra cash, or is that a teddy bear, apparently in Hong Kong the price of a teddy bear will get u the walk of shame, carrying a teddy bear ensures the carrer of a night with some meaning, for whom, I'm not too sure

The chick turning up to do a bungy jump wearing a "bathrobe" was perfectly normal of course.

And don't tell me he didn't cop a look up the bathrobe while he was attaching the bungy to her ankles. thumbsup.gif

He had just finished reading the book "Open Kimono by Seymour Hairs".

Yes, Chiang Mai IS known for it's cultural heritage. Don't really see what the matter has to do with crazy tourists having a laugh. By the way: if they'd bothered to look at the photo board, it happens quite a bit more. But so does it at any bungee jump in the LOS. It's private property, they want it and it's usually done after hours so kids don't see it. Quite responsible.

Are the police having a laugh?! A raid with all the material and people involved and then a fine of a 1000B??? Whoa, great day's work.

Archived