1-2 day holiday up NE?

ryanhull

Hey All,

I am wondering if any of you guys have any tips on where would be nice to go for a few days get away, I live in Sarakham and have a 3 month old son so I really do not want to go far, I have alot going on at the moment with a house being built etc so I am ideally looking to go no further than 50-100km, the wife says there is not many places to go up NE thailand for a short break but I thought I would see if any of you lot know of anywhere nice to spend a few nights?

We have already booked a proper holiday to hua hin in a few months but for now I was wondering if there is anywhere worth seeing up NE?

Any replies or thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers

like a beach resort with excellent food ? well only one place to go ...i go often..it has big pool and sand, good to get your child into the water castle how chow its on a line from msk to udon so n of khon kaen to the east .other than that stay at home make some day trips ,have a choice of enormous lakes or ancient khemer ruins,dinosaur remains..lots to see !

ike a beach resort with excellent food ? well only one place to go ...i go often..it has big pool and sand, good to get your child into the water castle how chow its on a line from msk to udon so n of khon kaen to the east .other than that stay at home make some day trips ,have a choice of enormous lakes or ancient khemer ruins,dinosaur remains..lots to see !

Thanks for the reply, what is the name of this place you are referring too? cheers

I wouldn't say the Indo China Market is worth a visit, but Mukdahan is and they would be part of it. You could stay at the Riverfront Hotel, right on the Mekong River and at the far end of the Indo China Market. Get a room on the top floors overlooking the river. Disclaimer I have nothing to do with this hotel and have never stayed there, but have had it recommended to me by several people, who felt it was a great place. I recommend it to a friend and he stayed there and thanked me very much for the recommendation.

Muhukdakhan is couple of hours from sarakham but worth the visit to the indo china markets

There're some nice places to visit, but the Indochina market is a better joke. Plenty of nice restaurants right at the Mekhong river.

I don't want to be a killjoy, but....

If I were in the middle of building a house in Thailand, I would not take a holiday until it is finished.

When I have had a house built here I found that when I was on site to watch, things went well.

If I was absent, even for one day, there were problems.

Problems like running out of tile for the floor and finishing the job with tiles that did not match..

I think you are asking for problems if you leave before the project is complete.

When the cat is away, the mice will do whatever is easiest for them.....

I don't want to be a killjoy, but....

If I were in the middle of building a house in Thailand, I would not take a holiday until it is finished.

When I have had a house built here I found that when I was on site to watch, things went well.

If I was absent, even for one day, there were problems.

Problems like running out of tile for the floor and finishing the job with tiles that did not match..

I think you are asking for problems if you leave before the project is complete.

When the cat is away, the mice will do whatever is easiest for them.....

Thanks for the advise but we already have a good friend over looking the build, he is a builder by trade so he is micro managing it for us, plus with the payment structure we have in place we are leaving them little room to mess up

Archived