British tourist found dead in a swimming pool on Koh Chang

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the RTP have a protocol to rule every death that 'appears' to be unattended or accidental a suicide? Certainly seems so. If there was a heated argument between this woman and her husband before she was found dead in the pool, an autopsy is certainly warranted before making a ruling on the cause of death.

Commiting suicide by self drowning yourself in a swimming pool? Sound like BS to me.

[/

Was it reported that she'd been drinking heavily? I may be mistaken.

If so though, it may have been called 'misadventure' in another country. Perhaps Thailand doesn't have, or use, that term?

Getting drunk arguing for all and sundry to hear and then going for a swim and drowning, well , lets just say she paid for her behaviour, sometimes it pays to have those old fashioned values, moderation and discretion, she showed neither and doesn't need them now.

You seem nearly excited by her death. So much hate and anger for a lady you have never met.

You seem a troubled soul

Getting drunk arguing for all and sundry to hear and then going for a swim and drowning, well , lets just say she paid for her behaviour, sometimes it pays to have those old fashioned values, moderation and discretion, she showed neither and doesn't need them now.

You seem nearly excited by her death. So much hate and anger for a lady you have never met.

You seem a troubled soul

I am neither excited nor do i hate her, i don't know her. Her own behaviour caused her death if the reports are accurate, that is all i am saying, the British 'fair' sex seem to be outdoing the excessive drinking habits of the males in the UK with many instances being reported of mothers being drunk or drinking while bringing their children to school,falling over drunk in the street outside of clubs and pubs and don't get me started on the foul language that many now consider a normal means of communication. Everyone has arguments with their partner,i know i do but certainly not while drunk in a hotel lobby, of course one must take into account that standards of civilized behaviour are falling generally in the west.

Briton’s drowning death a suicide, police say

By Coconuts Bangkok

KOH CHANG: -- Police have ruled the death of a British woman found dead in a swimming pool on the resort island of Koh Chang was a suicide.

Early Sunday morning, staff at an unidentified island hotel found Rachel Ann Turner, 43, face-down in the two meter-deep swimming pool, where police believe she had died four to six hours earlier.

Staff said Turner had checked into the hotel with her husband Stefan Peter Brown, 45, on Saturday morning. They witnessed the couple having a heated argument prior to discovering her body.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/19/britons-drowning-death-suicide-police-say

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-19

Here we go again.

If I wanted to murder my wife, I would do it in Thailand, where nearly all foreigner deaths are ruled traffic accidents or suicides.

Much cheaper than a western divorce.

Not saying anything about this unfortunate death, just saying the occasional investigation and autopsy of foreigner deaths in Thailand wouldn't go amiss.

Mrs Turner had drowned 4-6 hours earlier while her husband Mr Brown ..................Go to another country and lose your wife for 4-6 hours. Sorry but it still all sounds a bit iffy. Can't be suicide unless there is a balcony 30ft above the pool. Ah, now if this was Pattaya.......................

Having a heated argument then found dead most of my fellow armchair detectives will have to agree with me defiantly a case of murder most foul RIP to the victim

Yes, it could be murder or even suicide; but to infer either of those results because a married couple has an argument is highly debatable. It may have even been an accident, but whatever it was, I see no need for defiance.

From op:

Police examined the body of the victim and did not find any wounds which might suggest that she was assaulted. Police also questioned the victim’s boyfriend who said that they both drank a lot Saturday night before they engaged in fierce arguments.

At this stage, is death by drowning (have they really come out and said suicide??? unbelevable, must be lost in translation) Looking at the raised edge all around the pool side, and from statement above if accurate, the lady has come down from room slightly tipsy and upset to have a moment by hereself, strange surroundings, 'may' have tripped on that raised edge and gone into the pool, 2 meter depth, panicked and drowned (could she swim? did she hit her head going in?) still a lot of questions to answear for the BIB but was no suicide for sure. Death by Misadventure more like, I do not believe the poor bloke was there at the pool, have none of your ever had a row with the Mrs after a few drinks?? C'mon people...

A well known Hotel,but not to us,as,is usual in cases like this

the hotels do not like their names been published,in the fear

it effects business, and turns out her husband not boyfriend,

body was found at 6am half hour later they called police!

regards Worgeordie

couldn't have found the body at 6 a.m because as the article says they argued between 9 a.m and 10 a.m when the husband went to bed.

Oh come on you guys--read read and read again til you understand--------------------- They were arguing at 9PM to about 10PM that means they were arguing AT NIGHT.Now it says the Husband WENT TO BED and the wife went out for a swim and was found at 6AM (Thats in the next morning)

GOT IT NOW ?????????????coffee1.gif

I found this verdict very hard to believe[ suicide ] I don't think so; the lady was very excited at the thought of going to different countries why should she commit suicide there is more to this case than meets the eye . no autopsy?

What if she was held under the water by someone, is that still a SUICIDE in Thailand

What if she wasn't held under water by someone, let us look at all the possibilities, young women from the UK, drunk and who knows these days, a few little 'feel good' pills into the mix and suddenly an inebriated swim doesn't seem so unlikely with her passing out into the bargain.

Archived