British tourist found dead in a swimming pool on Koh Chang

webfact

I am becoming convinced Thailand is the place to commit a murder oh I mean suicide or an unfortunate accident !whistling.gif or even contemplate a divorce Just makes one wonder how thorough the investigations go wink.png

Why do you think that everyone who dies in Thailand it is a Murder?

Hundreds of people drown every day all over the world. Millions of people argue with there Wives or Girlfriends every day, if not every hour. So what makes this case so special that you suggest Murder, other than this accident happening in Thailand?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt the couples families scratching around fro any info they can get have come across this place and read some of the <deleted> written.

I have never come across so many insensitive people in all my life than those to be found on here.

Insinuations galore and bickering over an article obviously written by a Thai who's English needs polishing up. Errors that any English speaking adults can work out in half a second.

Have some respect for the families and grow up

R.I.P.

He admitted that he was shocked and saddened to find out that she was dead.

Quite the understatement if she was his girlfriend and he really loved her, unless he...

HE DIDN#T WORRIE ABOUT ALL NIGHT THAT SHE NOT WENT BACK TO THE ROOM !!

must be a very good friendship, with which you travell from UK to KPG;

That holiday went well, rekindling their love perhaps.

Yes as the tourist department is advertising, Come to Thailand "Rekindle your love".

From this post as well as your previous post on a different subject, you seem to be very sour about Thailand. In the earlier post, you mention that you are embarrassed to live here in Thailand. I wonder what keeps you hanging around...Something that your native country can't offer you?

He admitted that he was shocked and saddened to find out that she was dead.

Quite the understatement if she was his girlfriend and he really loved her, unless he...

Perhaps he was covering up the fact he was shocked and saddened until the police interrogation when he broke down and admitted it.

A well known Hotel,but not to us,as,is usual in cases like this

the hotels do not like their names been published,in the fear

it effects business, and turns out her husband not boyfriend,

body was found at 6am half hour later they called police!

regards Worgeordie

couldn't have found the body at 6 a.m because as the article says they argued between 9 a.m and 10 a.m when the husband went to bed.

Before being critical about the post you are commenting on please read it properly. Or was it a case of too much hookah before reading old Chooka?

Swimming whilst drunk - not a good idea.

the safety of Thai pools leaves a lot ot be desired...I've seen several on KC that could be potential death traps.

Just be responsible and there is no need to worry. I don't want my freedoms or anyone else's taken away because of some yahoo(s)

Another fine example of why if you want to get rid of your partner, you should do that in Thailand.

No questions asked...

Another fine example of someone on ThaiVisa jumping to the murder conclusion with very few facts from a poorly written story.

The replies to this article epitomise all that is wrong with this forum and much of the expat community that posts on it.

Young girl looses her life and boring old men queuing up to offer conspiracy theories and criticise a typo. bah.gif

RIP young lady

DailyMail headlines

A British holidaymaker died in a swimming pool while on the trip of a lifetime in Thailand with her husband.

Rachel Turner and Stefan Brown, from Wolverhampton, West Midlands, were just one week into a seven-week trip to South-East Asia when the tragedy occurred.

It is believed Ms Turner had gone for an early morning swim in a pool at the Sofia Gardens Resort on the island of Koh Chang before she was found dead by a member of staff.

Need to turn on your VPN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3086041/British-woman-died-pool-holiday-lifetime-partner.html

post-6099-0-47120900-1431946696_thumb.jp

The replies to this article epitomise all that is wrong with this forum and much of the expat community that posts on it.

Young girl looses her life and boring old men queuing up to offer conspiracy theories and criticise a typo. bah.gif

RIP young lady

Be fair, i'm sure there were a few boring young men involved as well, it's a harmless enough pleasure, we aren't blowing anybody up. Getting drunk arguing for all and sundry to hear and then going for a swim and drowning, well , lets just say she paid for her behaviour, sometimes it pays to have those old fashioned values, moderation and discretion, she showed neither and doesn't need them now.

A well known Hotel,but not to us,as,is usual in cases like this

the hotels do not like their names been published,in the fear

it effects business, and turns out her husband not boyfriend,

body was found at 6am half hour later they called police!

regards Worgeordie

couldn't have found the body at 6 a.m because as the article says they argued between 9 a.m and 10 a.m when the husband went to bed.

Put your glasses on Mate! It says 9 p.m. to 10 p.m!

Whereas at 12 p.m. she went swimming alone while he slept.

Since her body was discovered at 6 a.m. and they said she was dead for about 6 hours, then she must have drowned right away.

Another who got here late after the times have been change, it 110% said in post 3, 2nd last paragraph A.M and not p.m my comment was made prior to the alteration so your apology will also be accepted if you are man enough to make it.

Well before I make any apology I am waiting for other posters to claim they saw what you think you saw, but so far none else has come forward.

So this to me suggests you are wrong about the times you thought you saw, (DELETED)

many post removed - for all the usual reasons by all the usual posters -

troll / flaming / disrespect / bickering

a young lady has died. show a little respect. have some compassion

did they not want unhappy couples to come to thailand ?

want to have an happy ending ? hire a room on the highest floor of a hotel ?

(DELETED)

However I think the forensics need to be out on this one.

Becoming to common now in Thailand .

Briton’s drowning death a suicide, police say
By Coconuts Bangkok

KOH CHANG: -- Police have ruled the death of a British woman found dead in a swimming pool on the resort island of Koh Chang was a suicide.

Early Sunday morning, staff at an unidentified island hotel found Rachel Ann Turner, 43, face-down in the two meter-deep swimming pool, where police believe she had died four to six hours earlier.

Staff said Turner had checked into the hotel with her husband Stefan Peter Brown, 45, on Saturday morning. They witnessed the couple having a heated argument prior to discovering her body.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/19/britons-drowning-death-suicide-police-say

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-19

Archived