Land Raising Fill Cost Near Uttaradit

Krub

Hi,

I am looking at raising land for house building.

Looking at around 700 square meters to be raised 1 meter.

How many trucks am looking at ? cost ideas ? What would be the best season to do it (low demand) ?

Thanks

Around 300bht a truck load and figure 100plus loads.

I have been quoted 2 ngan (or 800 sqm i think) which seems corresponding to what I estimated the surface to be.

They quoted me 200 trucks for the 1 m raise

'red' earth total 100.000 or if I pay per truck 600 a load

Is it really out of price ?

post-17405-1158488641_thumb.jpg

I have been quoted 2 ngan (or 800 sqm i think) which seems corresponding to what I estimated the surface to be.

hi krub in april i paid 70,000 bht for 100 10 wheel trucks of good fill in ban naa nakorn nyok. area of land was 800sqm raised up by 1m,price include compacting and leveling with tractor and 21 tonne 360 digger. now just waiting a year for it to settle.

post-17405-1158488800_thumb.jpg

yes the 600 baht a load is far to high.

shop around

• 2 weeks later...
Truck usually carry about 4 cubic meter of earth, so about 200 truck's would be right (800 m cubed) The price will depend on the quality of the earth and the distance thay have to travel, ask if they supply the tractor for leveling as well

You're right about the 4 cube per 4 wheel truck, Arsee. However, that is in it's 'loose' state. Given compaction, 1 x 4 wheel truck load should raise 1 talang wah by 0.80 m. Given the OP has 175 talang wah then it would be 175 x 1.25 = 220 truck loads give or take a few.

Truck usually carry about 4 cubic meter of earth, so about 200 truck's would be right (800 m cubed) The price will depend on the quality of the earth and the distance thay have to travel, ask if they supply the tractor for leveling as well

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.

I felt that it was 'ok' and agreed on the proposed 100.000.

The quality of the earth is supposed to be the best available and it included all the leveling (2 tractors) and having finished it in a one day's work. I am quite ahppy with the result.

I might ahve got it a little cheaper by shopping around but TIT !post-14577-1159518209_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159518258_thumb.jpg

The quality of the earth is supposed to be the best available and it included all the leveling (2 tractors) and having finished it in a one day's work. I am quite ahppy with the result.

I might ahve got it a little cheaper by shopping around but TIT !post-14577-1159518209_thumb.jpg

Krub, nice before and after pix. Any pix of the tractors at work?

Krub, nice before and after pix. Any pix of the tractors at work?

Here you go

post-14577-1159554233_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159554257_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159554276_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159554233_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159554257_thumb.jpg

post-14577-1159554276_thumb.jpg

Was the tractor used to push and spread the soil around? Or was it used to compact the soil?

What's the roofed open-air structure?

Both push spread and compact as far as I could see

The 'open air structure' is my parking.....at the back of my front street hair salon/cottage. The raised land is away from the main village street.

Was the tractor used to push and spread the soil around? Or was it used to compact the soil?

The 'open air structure' is my parking.....at the back of my front street hair salon/cottage. The raised land is away from the main village street.

You said the reason for raising the soil level is to build a house. Do you plan to let the soil continue to settle, bring in larger equipment to compact the soil to support a house, or build on it as it is?

The reason I'm asking is because I think I'd be a bit hesitant to think it is compact enough now to start building any time in the near future. It can take a while for the soil to firmly settle and from the look of the tractor, I doubt it would be heavy enough to do an effective job in compacting it.

You said the reason for raising the soil level is to build a house. Do you plan to let the soil continue to settle, bring in larger equipment to compact the soil to support a house, or build on it as it is?

The reason I'm asking is because I think I'd be a bit hesitant to think it is compact enough now to start building any time in the near future. It can take a while for the soil to firmly settle and from the look of the tractor, I doubt it would be heavy enough to do an effective job in compacting it.

The idea is to let is settle at least one or 2 years as we did the first fill

Thanks for your concern

You could get around the compaction issue by setting the support colums down 2 meters. That would put you well into virgin ground. I think I would do that anyway unless you are putting up one of the common, loosly fitting Thai wood and sheet metal houses that don't need to be as rigid..

• 2 months later...

Hi, I work in construction and am also looking at buying land close to Ayutthea (see thread in this section regarding land).

I see no evidence of compaction in these pictures. I would be concerned about building on the raised area considering the amount of rain in the area, unless you were building on piles.

Hi, I work in construction and am also looking at buying land close to Ayutthea (see thread in this section regarding land).

I see no evidence of compaction in these pictures. I would be concerned about building on the raised area considering the amount of rain in the area, unless you were building on piles.

Construction will only start in 2 years time when rain will have had enough time to do its job of compacting