Husband of British woman found dead in Koh Chang hotel pool reveals devastation

webfact

Husband of British woman found dead in Thai hotel pool reveals devastation
Stefan Brown, whose wife Rachel Turner Brown reportedly drowned on holiday in Koh Chang, says her death has left him ‘in tatters’
Dominic Smith

kc.jpg
A beach in Koh Chang, Thailand. Rachel Turner Brown, 42, from Wolverhampton, had planned a two-month tour of Thailand and nearby countries. Photograph: Alamy

WOLVERHAMPTON: -- The husband of a British woman who reportedly drowned while on holiday in Thailand at the weekend has said her death has left him “in absolute tatters”.

Rachel Turner Brown, 42, from Wolverhampton, is said to have been found dead in a hotel swimming pool on the island of Koh Chang days after she arrived with her husband, Stefan Brown. It is thought the couple, who reportedly run a healthcare recruitment company, had planned a two-month tour of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

The Foreign Office confirmed that a British national died in Thailand on 17 May.

Responding to messages of condolences on his Facebook page, Mr Brown said: “I’m in absolute tatters. still in shock, not sunk in yet. Not able to listen to any music, just tried to listen to something but reminded me immediately of Rachel, cried my eyes out and had to turn it off.”

On arriving in Thailand on 12 May, Mrs Turner Brown said on her Facebook page: “Yay....2 flights and 3 hours in Dubai later....arrived in Bangkok airport to mega heat......feeling super exhausted but terrifically excitables in Thailand.....7 weeks of way hay HAAAAYYYYYY! Thailand, Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam here we come!” She had then shared photos of the couple enjoying local cuisine and boat rides over the following days.

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/may/18/rachel-turner-brown-thailand-koh-chang-swimming-pool-hotel

-- The Guardian 2015-05-19

At her age, it makes one wonder if the pool lighting was done properly or not serviced. Always hate seeing pools in full use with a light fixture hanging by its wire or with the bezel broken under water. Pointing those out to resort staff always gets a fast "Mai Pen Rai". Condolences to the family.

At her age, it makes one wonder if the pool lighting was done properly or not serviced. Always hate seeing pools in full use with a light fixture hanging by its wire or with the bezel broken under water. Pointing those out to resort staff always gets a fast "Mai Pen Rai". Condolences to the family.

Yes, seem this many times, and also they have no saftey switch.

Many electructions get blamed on ghost here.

strange to say the least ! ........

they run a healthcare recruitment company, so one would consider fitness to be involved regularly.

42 years of age .... quite young.

They were heard to be arguing and hours later she is dead.

hmmmmmmm ....... something smells fishy here and it ain't the seafood .. whistling.gif

Is it the wife or the husband that drowned ???? I see 2 stories.

Rachel Turner Brown, 42, from Wolverhampton, is said to have been found dead in a hotel swimming pool on the island of Koh Chang days after she arrived with her husband, Stefan Brown.

I don't know what to make of this she was 42 years of age a swimmer but she drowned they arrived in Bangkok to mega heat ? she was very excited maybe a combination a heart attack maybe a post mortem will no doubt give us a result . I feel for the man completely devastated so sad .

they run a healthcare recruitment company, so one would consider fitness to be involved regularly.

hmmmmmmm ....... something smells fishy here and it ain't the seafood .. whistling.gif

Only two things smell like tuna and tuna is one of them.

Yeah, imagine that, a married couple arguing.

Strange thing that the guy mentions he cannot listen to music , seems an irrelevant point, in view of just losing his wife.

RIP to the lady.

Why irrelevant? They may have enjoyed music together and he said listening reminded him of her.

Strange thing that the guy mentions he cannot listen to music , seems an irrelevant point, in view of just losing his wife.

RIP to the lady.

Sometimes when you experience a tragedy, your brain needs a rest and music often supplies that need for a while.

I think what he's saying is despite trying to listen, his thoughts are probably racing and the music is pointless.

Wouldn't it included in a thorough investigation?

Yeah, they already found another couple of Burmese boys to blame ...

What a crass statement!

Truth and Facts always hurt and as such, are always crass. Nothing to worry about. Just kneel down and beg for frogiveness. Do al little crying with it and you'll be fine.

Yes, seem this many times, and also they have no saftey switch.

Many electructions get blamed on ghost here.

yeah, I know what you mean. Last week, my broken 12 volt pool fixture really made me squeel with delight when the 12 VOLT electric rushed through my body.

Felt almost a tingle.

R.I.P.

Is it the wife or the husband that drowned ???? I see 2 stories.

Are you serious ?

Nothing to get serious about.

(S)he's just one of the few in here left who can still read English and, believe it or not and to make it even sound worse for you, has a functional brain to understand the written, too.

Nothing to worry about, however. Just grab yourself another beer.

Just a bit off topic...but does the resort change the water and disinfect the pool after this tragic episode?

If the clorine didn't take care of that already, I wouldn't use that pool even before the accident.

Would not surprise me if the hotel was "VJ RESIDENCE " my mate was seriously injured at their pool ,and broken lights still connected were on the edge of the pool ..Because we were vocal about the situation ,we were ejected from the hotel !

Just a bit off topic...but does the resort change the water and disinfect the pool after this tragic episode?

Sometimes it is some inappropriate posts that should be disinfected before posting whistling.gif

Does the resort change the water and disinfect the pool after you use it? She died... there is no reason to think she had a communicable, water borne disease.

Archived