What If ? - What if ISIS became ative in the South ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very possible, for the IS to spread they need more than ideology and money

I hit the send button by accident on tablet , getting back to what I was saying, like many groups they get strong then splinter off.

If they were to spread to Sth East Asia that would threaten many countries much like the commo's of the 50's and 60's you can bet big brother will organise a force to fight them after all it's keeping the munition company's working overtime now and we all know where there located.

Never they learned their lesson in VietNam

Anyway a big treat for China I guess China will have to react against ISIS

Very possible, for the IS to spread they need more than ideology and money

I hit the send button by accident on tablet , getting back to what I was saying, like many groups they get strong then splinter off.

If they were to spread to Sth East Asia that would threaten many countries much like the commo's of the 50's and 60's you can bet big brother will organise a force to fight them after all it's keeping the munition company's working overtime now and we all know where there located.

I assume by big brother you mean the US. ISIS has already tried to hit the US, the attempted bombing in Texas. Yes, they were stopped, but they are recruiting via social media so who knows how many are in the US, or Thailand, or any country.

I highly doubt if the US would fight ISIS like it did communism. We (the US) are an aging population and the young people do not have a sense of duty.

A friend sent me this pic today. It is a picture of Iran before the Islamic revolution. Will we be showing similar pictures about the US, and Thailand, "before ISIS"

I'm glad I'm old.

pWyR2BY.png

I think you are wrong about the Young people lacking a sense of duty !!!

I think they are smart and don't want to get involved in senseless wars, and risk injury or death, just for some big Corporations to be making more money...

They understand that wars are just fought under false pretexts and that all information about those wars is manipulated in favour of more war....

The internet has teached them a lot more than there governments would like.....

I have seen lots of similar pictures from Iran from before the revolution....

If the USA would not be so eager to control the world and overthrow elected governments and put there puppet regimes in place, the world would be a better place. life in Iran would still be similar as this picture....And that's a fact.

Best regards.

I think IS would take over the south in short order

Cannot see the Thais being prepared and cannot see them knowing what to do if it started

Thailand have been fighting a war in the South of Thailand for years, dont underestimate them,

Well not if the USA is supplying the ISIS modern weapons as they do in Syria

That will be fun.....will like to see how all the white farangs go on with their lives thencheesy.gif

" And today we will be beheading Mr Doe, aged 84 from......... for fornificating with a ladyboy from Pattaya, Allah Oh Akhbar, ....Splash!!! " blink.png

Well beheading of all gays, drunks, ladyboys, corrupt and men and women cheating would be a lot work........ISIS hasn't enough members worldwide to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thailand Watchful of Islamic State Movements

By Pimuk Rakkanam

2015-06-10

National security officials in Thailand are voicing concern about the influence of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist group in Southeast Asia, and they are monitoring jihadists from other parts of the region who pass through the country on their way to the Middle East.

“We keep an eye on their movements because they are sheer, extreme terrorists,” Gen. Aksara Kerdpol, who is leading Thai governmental efforts to hold peace talks with southern Muslim rebels, told BenarNews.

At least five IS supporters and recruits from neighboring Malaysia have transited through Thailand this year via its restive Deep South region while heading to Syria and Iraq, according to another Thai security official who requested anonymity.

“In the past months, we received requests from the countries of origin to verify whether five Malaysians and one Australian had traveled through Thailand,” the official told BenarNews.

“We found that one Australian and five Malaysians traveled through Thailand and finally turned up in Syria,” he added.

For the whole article with pix see.

or click here

There is an interesting quote in this story about five Thais arrested Monday for trying to smuggle a pistol through at the airport in Lahore, Pakastani:

Pakistan has released four of five Thai Muslim students held since Monday on suspicion of trying to smuggle a handgun arm from Allama Iqbal International Airport in Lahore, but the owner of a bag with a pistol and ammunition in it remains in custody, Thai officials said Friday.

An initial investigation has found no connection between the students and the Islamic State (IS) or insurgents in southern Thailand, National Security Council Director-General Anusit Kunakorn told reporters in Bangkok.

“Today, four of them will return to Thailand … The owner of the luggage with the gun, who was from Pattani, remains under interrogation,” Anusit said.

“According to initial findings, we confirm that the students and their families have no connection with either IS or insurgents in the south.”

A more in-depth investigation would follow, he added.

“We will talk to them to try to find a clue on whether or not they have a connection [with those groups] at all,” Anusit added.

In past decades, Pakistan has been a “Mecca” for Muslims from Thailand’s predominantly Islamic Deep South region who travel to the South Asian nation to train for guerrilla warfare, according to a Thai military official who asked not to be named.

Source: BenarNews

http://www.benarnews.org/english/news/thai/student-gun-06122015164326.html

Yes and that is the problem. The RTA have 440 000 men and the insurgents 9 000, so why is the war been dragging on for decades ? There are few truths about the war you will never read in any Thai press, if I write it here I stand a chance of being deported. But do your own homework on the quality of leadership in the RTA, the strategy used, the drug trade and drug routes used in Thailand, who is behind the drug trade in the country and now we also know about the human traffic through the south. A few pointers, look at the ranks of the soldiers that dies in the south, see if you can see any officers dying ? The strategy in the south haven't changed for a decade, its clear its not working so why continue with it ?

I had a recent conversation with a Thai Buddhist friend here in Australia who's from the deep South. In his opinion the conflict helps senior Thai security forces members to enrich themselves, thereby extending the conflict for self interest. His opinion seems to have been confirmed with members of Thai security agencies arrested in the past months for assisting with various illegal activities.

the thai army like the thais themselves have no fear, unlike most westerners, ive witnessed this time and time again , i had to run when the ex wife got mad with a knife in her hand laugh.png

the general will send his most capable fearless soldiers to the front line , the ladyboys of walking street. gigglem.gif

• 2 weeks later...

BenarNews.org touched on this issue in a recent report about the arrest in Yala of five suspects wanted for the bombings in Yala Town as well as for the Samui car bomb in April:

Purely domestic

Despite the ongoing violence, there is no hard evidence of Muslim insurgents from the Deep South joining the Islamic State (IS) or other international terror networks, the U.S. State Department said in its “Country Reports on Terrorism 2014,” released Friday.

“While Thai officials have long expressed concern that transnational terrorist groups could establish links with southern Thailand-based separatist groups, there have been no indications that transnational terrorist groups were directly involved in the violence in the south, and there was no evidence of direct operational links between southern Thai insurgent groups and regional terrorist networks,” the report said.

Full report here.

Archived