67-year-old woman raped in broad daylight

Thaivisa News

Buri Ram: - A 67-year-old woman told police that she was raped by a young man in her own rice field in broad daylight.

The woman, whose name was withheld, has filed complaint with Prayoon Wisetphan, the leader of Tambon Phochai in Buri Ram’s Nong Ki district, that she was raped Monday morning at knife point.

The tambon leader led her to file complaint with the Nong Ki police station and its chief, Pol Col Banthit Onsakhon, led some police officers to check the scene Tuesday morning.

Police led the woman, who appeared frightened, to point the spot where she was rapped. She led police to the dry pool in the middle of her rice field amid onlookers, who are local residents. Many of them provided her moral support because she is well loved by local residents and she loves to go to temple regularly.

Police did not find any evidence apart from traces of car’s tires on the road near the field.

The woman told police that while she was cutting weeds to prepare her field for rice growing, a man, who appeared between 25 to 30 years old, arrived in a car. He parked the car about 100 meters away and walked to her.

He told her that he came to inspect a field next to hers to check whether he should accept its mortgage or not.

The woman agreed to lead the man to check the field but the man pulled out his knife and forced her to go down the dry pool. He forced her to undress herself and perform an oral sex for him before he raped her and fled the scene.

The woman could not remember the make and license plate of the car.

Police did not find any evidence apart from traces of car’s tires on the road near the field.

Typical.

No evidence?

How about a Rape Kit, or at least taking swabs at the local hospital? Maybe she'll see the scum at the local market someday, he can be arrested, and the DNA collected can be used to convict him.

How about a composite drawing? I have seen and met many Thais who are excellent artists. There is also very inexpensive software than can be used to draw a suspect, after just a day's training.

But I guess the RTP can't be bothered.

How sad for the woman.

Typical.

No evidence?

How about a Rape Kit, or at least taking swabs at the local hospital? Maybe she'll see the scum at the local market someday, he can be arrested, and the DNA collected can be used to convict him.

How about a composite drawing? I have seen and met many Thais who are excellent artists. There is also very inexpensive software than can be used to draw a suspect, after just a day's training.

But I guess the RTP can't be bothered.

How sad for the woman.

Agree ... but RTP couldnt care less about an old woman and they have no clue what equipment to use at a crimescene hence they never try to solve anything - RTP only care about teamoney not about the people ...sick.gif

I can not wrap my mind around a young man desperate enough to rape a 67 year old woman...it is like having sex with your grandmother...it is unthinkable...

It gives one an insight into how young girls feel when a 67, older, or even a 50 yo, foreigner saddles up for a few hundred baht. That's just as unthinkable, and repulsive, to me.

I see grubby old foreign men, in singlets and T shirts down Soi Nana who think they're Tom Cruise and actually wanted by young Thai women. Horrible!!

Do you work there?

I can not wrap my mind around a young man desperate enough to rape a 67 year old woman...it is like having sex with your grandmother...it is unthinkable...

It gives one an insight into how young girls feel when a 67, older, or even a 50 yo, foreigner saddles up for a few hundred baht. That's just as unthinkable, and repulsive, to me.

I see grubby old foreign men, in singlets and T shirts down Soi Nana who think they're Tom Cruise and actually wanted by young Thai women. Horrible!!

Hate to be the one to tell you corsair... but those particular young ladies certainly do want those grubby old guys and even more, want their moneys.. Why are you in Thailand if you don't like that. It's what makes Thailand so much fun... I am 60 yrs young and can you guess how old my g/f is... haha..wai2.gif

Very true, but there are some very sick minded people out there, he could not cared or could have been high as a kite, who knows, but totally sick anyway

Why go to Soi Nana? For the atmosphere? I think not!

While this is a terrible thing, it is certainly not limited to Thailand. Just a few months ago a teen in Britain was arrested for raping a 91 year old woman. No matter the age of the victim, rape is an act of violence.

Go easy on us innocent "oldies " son... were still alive n kicking !

Wait till you get to 50 plus.. your attitude will change !!!

Normal rationale would point to this but what is really going to ring your bell is when you think about how many of those young girls are lined up waiting for those guys no matter how repulsive they are. The problem with this type of thinking is that one presumes that women actually see men as any more than just a means to an end whether they look like Tom Cruise or not.

Very true, but there are some very sick minded people out there, he could not cared or could have been high as a kite, who knows, but totally sick anyway

Well he was not flying his own kite was he?

While this is a terrible thing, it is certainly not limited to Thailand. Just a few months ago a teen in Britain was arrested for raping a 91 year old woman. No matter the age of the victim, rape is an act of violence.

Yep anything that cant get up a tree!!

Why go to Soi Nana? For the atmosphere? I think not!

The new name for nana is banana plaza

If he forced her to perform oral sex on him, why didn't she bite it off? Maybe though at 67, she didn't have any teeth!

The normal practice is,take you teeth out first please.

Like everyone else I try to see the "funny side" of life, everyday it is possible to find humor in just about the most unpleasant of events.

Unfortunately the quoted exchange just doesn't cut it, you're childish attempts at humor are insensitive and unfunny. The horror for this old lady would have been extreme and very, very real, I suspect it will not be short lived either.

I am sure this traumatic ordeal will be something she remembers for a very long time (unlike you're puerile comments)

I hope her neighbors and family (if she has any) support and help her through this terrible time, and that the authorities catch this animal before he damages any other, hopefully an extremely long and unpleasant prison sentence awaits him...

If he forced her to perform oral sex on him, why didn't she bite it off? Maybe though at 67, she didn't have any teeth!

Like everyone else I try to see the "funny side" of life, everyday it is possible to find humor in just about the most unpleasant of events.

Unfortunately the quoted exchange just doesn't cut it, you're childish attempts at humor are insensitive and unfunny. The horror for this old lady would have been extreme and very, very real, I suspect it will not be short lived either.

I am sure this traumatic ordeal will be something she remembers for a very long time (unlike you're puerile comments)

I hope her neighbors and family (if she has any) support and help her through this terrible time, and that the authorities catch this animal before he damages any other, hopefully an extremely long and unpleasant prison sentence awaits him...

Number one.

Number one.

Nice avatar, shouldn't last much longer.

MSRH

MSRH - What does MSRH stand for?
acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/MSRH

Acronym, Definition. MSRH, Miniature Schnauzer Rescue of Houston

Thanks for your input about rescue of Schnauzers In Houston...smile.png

Simple answer to that one, don't do it, get a job at Family Mart instead. They might not be able to afford the latest Samsung smart phone or Honda Scoopy but self respect is more important, isn't it ?

Sickening that the horrible subject of the rape of an old woman is seen by a few on here as an opportunity for a bit of a laugh and to show us just how insensitive they are. It's good to laugh, but there are limits and rape is one of them.

I have never seen a society as sick as Thailand's.

That of course is not a comment specific to this case.

coffee1.gif

You are kidding-----You just have got be winding us up surely .......

& if your comment isn't even about this case---maybe you could expand on what you feel makes Thailand is the sickest society in the world.

BTW* Wouldn't like to tell us what country you are from would you.......???

Archived