Retirement Visa New Rules?

You are misquoting me. I asked for the information that is supplied currently to the 12 different areas that Thai Visa reports on be put into one thread in each area.

Basically the same thing you are saying only I would put them into one continuous thread.

You wrote, "Ask the question here on TVF of what is required in your particular area( and if there is anything new this year) shortly prior to your application."

I am saying the same thing with the addendum that they be posted in one thread instead of scattered over a thousand other threads to make finding and reading them easier.

So I guess we agree. My only addition would be to put the information in one thread per area.

So why don't you send the mod team a proposal for this, including who'll compile verify and maintain the threads.

Because the threads are already there now and being maintained now. The only difference is in the naming of one thread in each of the 12 different areas to say pinned retirement/marriage extension information or extension trip reports.
So propose that to them, and stop moaning on here.

But what you're saying is not correct, there is s lot more work than you're writing.

A mod goes through the General forum every day and dispatches the threads to the appropriate forums. Maybe I am missing something. I am not suggesting increasing anyone's work load - only re arranging it for more efficient viewing.

I don't see my suggestions as moaning rather free advice from a rather famous efficiency expert who has advised nations, potentates, grand poobahs and the entire road cast of The Pirates of Penzance for almost a fortnight!

Steven, my boy there is always that last desperate but acceptable refuge available to you - don't read it.

However may I remind you if the words of advice where penned in a particular geographic location you would not have to wade through the chaff to get at the wheat.biggrin.png

Don' t read it is not an option since I'm interested in retirement visa rules, which is what this thread should be about. You have a suggestion to the mods, so make your suggestion directly to them in stead of here in this thread.

And please refrain from belittling others, boy.

Steven, my boy there is always that last desperate but acceptable refuge available to you - don't read it.

And please refrain from belittling others, boy.

Sorry you took it that way it was a song I was listening to, "Rambling boy"

He was a man and a friend always
He stuck with me in the hard old days.
He never cared if I had no dough
We rambled 'round in the rain and snow.
And here's to you my ramblin' boy
May all your ramblin' bring you joy
And here's to you my ramblin' boy
May all your ramblin' bring you joy.

The above is a manner of speech to some Irish folk and others of the same mind. "Here's to you my boy" nothing belittling intended only a manner of speech.

Edited by lostoday

Don' t read it is not an option since I'm interested in retirement visa rules, which is what this thread should be about. You have a suggestion to the mods, so make your suggestion directly to them in stead of here in this thread.

I agree 100%. However the thread has made no mention of "New Rules" which is the title, "Retirement visa new rules."

There might be new rules if we were to apply them to one of the 12 locations reported on in Thai Visa. However I would doubt considering all of the immigration offices in Thailand, if there will ever be anything that one officer has not tried a time or two.

What might be new and critical information for one area might be old hat for another. Why would you want to wade through all of the retirement extension stuff that you already know about. Wouldn't you rather just see what was new for your area?

Mommysboy .....................yes - exactly .

So we all just have to learn what is required in your area prior to each visit and provide it. Ask the question here on TVF of what is required in your particular area( and if there is anything new this year) shortly prior to your application.

I find that if I provide what I know I am required to ( and have other documents handy -just in case)............I never have a problem.

But it seems that lostoday..............wants a definitive , unchangeable comprehensive list ( for each of 12 areas) posted ...............but he doesnt state who would maintain or update this list.

The general could wake up tomorrow and decide that 800K ( or the alternative) is no longer enough to have in an account................and declare a new amount be needed. We would have no alternative but to comply or leave.

When dealing with govt departments anywhere in the world ..............they constantly move the goalpost. We can either deal with it or complain ( which will not help anything or anyone).

Douglas Adams had the right idea re bureaucrats.

• 1 month later...

I submitted a rental agreement as well as a rent receipt and a utility bill. SInce my condo is a SUBLET. They wanted some document which they wrote down for me in so I could show my landlady at the condo. This person returns on Thursday and (of course) my letter from the Embassy is only good until Friday. Taking bets on the outcome. Bottom line: a trip to Bangkok, another letter fee and two separate fees to immigration. One for the change from tourist visa to Non-immigrant O-A and one for the visa itself. Gouge, gouge,gouge.

I submitted a rental agreement as well as a rent receipt and a utility bill. SInce my condo is a SUBLET. They wanted some document which they wrote down for me in so I could show my landlady at the condo. This person returns on Thursday and (of course) my letter from the Embassy is only good until Friday. Taking bets on the outcome. Bottom line: a trip to Bangkok, another letter fee and two separate fees to immigration. One for the change from tourist visa to Non-immigrant O-A and one for the visa itself. Gouge, gouge,gouge.

I you wanted a OA visa you should of applied for it at the embassy in your home country because that is the only place you can get one and the fee would be 5000 baht.

You do not seem to understand what you are trying to do. I made a reply to another post you did here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/840146-conversion-of-a-tourist-visa-into-a-non-immigrant-o-visa/#entry9617415