Plans to ruin Jomtien Beach?

Emster23

When will they stop the insanity?  They butchered over 30 old-growth trees over the past month.  I was going to post pictures but it is just too depressing.  They have no idea how to trim a tree.  By topping the trees (cutting the heads off) and cutting most of the branches off, they are inviting disease and maximizing the probability that branches will grow back in a weakened state, making it more likely (not less) that they will fall off.  Many of the trees are simply being completely uprooted in order to plant palm trees (big mistake if erosion and shade are of any concern, but of course they seem to want to remove all shade and cause an erosion problem).

Did you here about that poor old man I think he was from Italy and about 90.walking along jomiten beach and a branch fell on his head and killed him. I wonder who's to blame for that. No one probably they would probably say Something like well if he wasn't walking there he would be ok.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relax , the tree destruction is just part one.

After the beach consequently is washed out the next project will be "beach  restoration "

These  are todays photos of the " project " at Pattaya Beach North end.

Note  I guess there is plenty of space in Jomtien for the construction trailer trash.

As is established at Pattaya Beach South end.

all.jpg 

My wife and I have often taken our own mats chairs and umbrella to sit on Jomtien and Bahn Amphur beaches,obviously not on the beach chair vendors patch they guard their patch including the on road parking quite vigorously....its normally quite easy to find a spot to park away from the chair vendors except on weekends when its very difficult to find parking along the beach at all.

Archived