Mac Software

Meerkat

Where can I get original Mac software (World of Warcraft, Civ IV) around BKK? I've trawled the likes of Panthip and Zeer Rangsit (I'm based north-east of town), but so far can't find anything but pirated stuff.

Cheers.

I've looked around for the...ah, 'non-original' stuff at both Pantip and Fortune and just been laughed at when I ask for Mac games. Where in particular were you looking? Just out of academic interest, of course.

As for original software, there are also authorized Mac dealers in Discovery Centre and at J-Avenue on Thonglor. On the whole, however, their software stock is poor and highly variable. Like most Thai merchants, Apple dealers here are interested in selling big-ticket items like hardware, not a full range of computer products.

Cheers guys; looks like I'll be stocking-up on my next trip to HK then.

OAH: I wasn't trying to imply that I've specifically seen dodgy Mac stuff, just that I can't find any legit Mac programs, and have no interest in going down the other route even if I could. Bear in mind though, that some software has both PC and Mac versions on the same CD (Warcraft III and Myst V do)...

Where can I get original Mac software (World of Warcraft, Civ IV) around BKK? I've trawled the likes of Panthip and Zeer Rangsit (I'm based north-east of town), but so far can't find anything but pirated stuff.

Cheers.

Check with Newton Computer at Pantip 3. floor. They having some opriginal and if you want some special, they get it for you in a short time from thems S'pore office. The owner is from S'pore.