Anyone know where to get decent sausages in Khonkaen?

Kenny202

Off to KK tomorrow and wondering if anyone knows if there's a European style butchers anywhere or somewhere can get some decent old fashioned snags? I think there's a German butchers in Udon.

Also if anyone knows a decent steak restaurant

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number 1 bar sell good sausages, if you want a good steak kosa beer garden but very expensive, or go to Sizzler at central have a steak with the salad bar which is good value

You'll find TGM products at bigger Tescos, Big C's, also Makros and their products are not worse than buying something at a good Bavarian butchers shop in Germany. TGM = Thai German Meat, pretty much established now, because they produce quality.

I'm neither working for this company, nor do i want to make free advertisement for them. Just to answer you question. You won't regret it.

I usually eat a kg ( of course wife and son as well) of their " Haussalami" in two weeks. One kg for 750 baht. Fragg, now I'm hungry, dude.....thumbsup.gif

Please try their stuff and post how it is/was.

http://www.tgm.co.th/tgm/index.php?lang=en

I like both the beef and the pork large Cumberland sausages that they stock in Makro

They in the frozen section?
Yes, usually near to bacon. Come in 1kg packs (12 bangers maybe). Beef = 450b-ish. Pork = 360b -ish.

If you are looking to buy sausages , either British style or German to take home , I recommend " Makro " on the big main road south . Makro sells wholesale in frozen packs , I have seen nice looking sausages there .

Macro or Khon Kaen Food supply. KKFs is near the Pullman.

Khon Kaen Food supply gets my vote, I particularly like their breakfast sausages.

Macro are a decent second best but they appear to have a problem with quality control because they seem to taste different every time I buy them.

I live in KHON KAEN we go down to Pattaya every couple months for a week I always go to the Yorkshire Butchers and buy a load of English Pork Sausages they also have great English pork pies, I buy a load and get them to vacuum pack them I put them in a poly cool box, when I get back to KK I seperate them and into the freezer. The owner was a Yorkshire Butcher family made their own recipes. Great pasties also.

I am from Liverpool so I know my sausages and pies.

I'm having some walls sausages this morning, but then, of course, I am not in the Oven and very happy not to be either.

Best you didn't give to much advice here your knowledge of sausages seems very mediocre given your choice.

Don't say sausages say Walls.

Macro carry very nice Cumberland Sausage, frozen in their freezer section. They also carry a nice selection of Bucher Sausages, I buy their bratwurst, 8 for around ฿180, I find them very good. Bucher also have other German Sausages, but I don't recognize the names and don't know what they taste like, so stay away from them.

Brits in Thailand seem to want to eat the same foods that their Mothers served them when they were 6-years old.

Now you mention it where can I get some Farleys Rusks ?

Seems every town now has a small shop where you can buy mushy peas and Branston pickle and has a chest freezer full of pasties and sausages (or sau-see-jezz as I now know it's pronounced)

Brits in Thailand seem to want to eat the same foods that their Mothers served them when they were 6-years old.

Now you mention it where can I get some Farleys Rusks ?

Seems every town now has a small shop where you can buy mushy peas and Branston pickle and has a chest freezer full of pasties and sausages (or sau-see-jezz as I now know it's pronounced)

Is that such a bad thing? If it were true of course.

Archived