Anyone know where to get decent sausages in Khonkaen?

Kenny202

If anyone is looking to buy quality sausages, steaks, proper UK or US bacon, gourmet pies and more, our service could be perfect for you.

We deliver over 300 delicious artisan food and drink items nationwide with our recently launched PassionBox service. If you want quality steaks, sausages, bacon, gourmet pies and more just order online and it will be delivered to you within a few days.

Click the link below for more info:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/848941-amazing-steaks-sausages-bacon-more-delivered-anywhere-in-thailand/

The PassionDelivery team.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2015 at 10:11 PM, DILLIGAD said:

I like both the beef and the pork large Cumberland sausages that they stock in Makro

Makro , is the  best ,  sausages , bacon , bread ,pork beef ,they have every something . 

this is where  farang establishments , restaurants collect  the goodies ,

and sell on to stupid farlangs , at inflated prices , 

In case you happen to travel by car from Khonkean to Udon Thani you'll find approximately halfway on the left side of the road a gas station having at present a relative small but brand new Lotus shop. Close to the toilets and in front of the place where still some fishes happen to swim you'll find on the outside next to the place to park a small booth where I last Thursday at noon tasted a most delicious variety of sausages.

On 5/26/2015 at 10:09 PM, lostinisaan said:

You'll find TGM products at bigger Tescos, Big C's, also Makros and their products are not worse than buying something at a good Bavarian butchers shop in Germany. TGM = Thai German Meat, pretty much established now, because they produce quality.

I'm neither working for this company, nor do i want to make free advertisement for them. Just to answer you question. You won't regret it.

I usually eat a kg ( of course wife and son as well) of their " Haussalami" in two weeks. One kg for 750 baht. Fragg, now I'm hungry, dude.....thumbsup.gif

Please try their stuff and post how it is/was.

http://www.tgm.co.th/tgm/index.php?lang=en

Hi Lostinissan.

I'd like to know where you can buy 1 KG  Haus salami (TGM) for 750 Baht.  I can only find it for about 135 baht for 100 grams in Tesco, Big C , Makro or Topps.

Let me know, please.

Eric

On October 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM, jacnl2000 said:

In case you happen to travel by car from Khonkean to Udon Thani you'll find approximately halfway on the left side of the road a gas station having at present a relative small but brand new Lotus shop. Close to the toilets and in front of the place where still some fishes happen to swim you'll find on the outside next to the place to park a small booth where I last Thursday at noon tasted a most delicious variety of sausages.

I drive back and forth golfing there I will give them a shot.

OK lets talk Steaks, Sakon Nakhon Thai- French Beef company has excellent beef, as good as Tops Aussie beef, for half the price, Apples Restaurant in town serves nice Steaks from there. I buy the whole tenderloins and cut them myself, they melt in your mouth. I think they have some outlet stores around check the net maybe.

On 03/10/2016 at 4:08 PM, Grubster said:

OK lets talk Steaks, Sakon Nakhon Thai- French Beef company has excellent beef, as good as Tops Aussie beef, for half the price, Apples Restaurant in town serves nice Steaks from there. I buy the whole tenderloins and cut them myself, they melt in your mouth. I think they have some outlet stores around check the net maybe.

What is the price for a whole tenderloin per kg? Here in Laos it is about 1100 Baht for Australian tenderloin (wholesale price).I find it a bit on the expensive side.  I don't live too for from Ubon Ratchathani (about 3 hours driving) and would buy the beef in Thailand if it would be cheaper.

7 hours ago, breaky9973 said:

What is the price for a whole tenderloin per kg? Here in Laos it is about 1100 Baht for Australian tenderloin (wholesale price).I find it a bit on the expensive side.  I don't live too for from Ubon Ratchathani (about 3 hours driving) and would buy the beef in Thailand if it would be cheaper.

I pay about 1100 baht, but I think wholesale is 900,  The sirloin steaks are really good too at a very low price, I think about 350 but not sure. The main farm and meat store is on the mucdehan { misspelled} to Sakon Nakhon road about five kilos before Sakon on your left. I'm sure they have a web site to google.  You may find they have an outlet store near you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2016 at 4:01 PM, MYKTHEMIN said:

Porkhouse ,  have  recently opened a new outlet in Khon K .    

Terry is  your  man to see ,  he can  supply  every something  . Ex  Udon .??

2 hours ago, Issangeorge said:

Prices weren't bad, but very limited in variety if sausages. Sloan's are about 50% more expensive, but have a larger variety and for me worth every ฿.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

KPK taste like sausages, porkhouse????? utter crap in my opinion, have a very strange sour twang.

You need to shop around a bit the prices are crazy, it is only pork??? you need to try KPK you would never buy any other make they are so good.

On 5/27/2015 at 4:59 PM, Issangeorge said:

Macro carry very nice Cumberland Sausage, frozen in their freezer section. They also carry a nice selection of Bucher Sausages, I buy their bratwurst, 8 for around ฿180, I find them very good. Bucher also have other German Sausages, but I don't recognize the names and don't know what they taste like, so stay away from them.

When one sell 8 Bratwursts for only 180 baht, one will think of too good to be true? It is.

Again, depends what quality one really look for. Or just any sausages for a cheap price.

After several years in KKC, there are none Northern European quality sausages to be found in stores. Not including UK sausages, since the Brits are alone thinking their sausages are good.

On 10/2/2016 at 7:41 AM, MYKTHEMIN said:

Sorry Macro sausages are just awful, bland no taste, Best are from KPK or Bunters they will send to you and are a sensible price.

Are you the  Mike  , whose wife Nok   runs ,  the bookhouse .??  Hows your  new baby.

Motive?  ulterior  motives 555

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 3:43 AM, DreamRider said:

Guys. You might want to ask at the Pannarai Hotel in Udon just up the road.  They serve delicious sausage with their breakfasts, a dryer blend rather like Cumberland sausages. Well worth asking.

Yes Dreamy, you're right, the Pannarai sausages are superb. Lightly buttered bread, smothered in Daddies sauce makes for a perfect breakfast. As you say, rather like Cumberlands

9 hours ago, elliss said:

Are you the  Mike  , whose wife Nok   runs ,  the bookhouse .??  Hows your  new baby.

Motive?  ulterior  motives 555

No I am not, I just like good sausages. Nok of the Bookhouse sells these fantastic sausages and her boyfriends name is Matt.

On 11/2/2016 at 9:04 AM, MYKTHEMIN said:

No I am not, I just like good sausages. Nok of the Bookhouse sells these fantastic sausages and her boyfriends name is Matt.

Are you a  sausage maker / supplier ? .

On 11/2/2016 at 3:33 AM, Patriot said:

Yes Dreamy, you're right, the Pannarai sausages are superb. Lightly buttered bread, smothered in Daddies sauce makes for a perfect breakfast. As you say, rather like Cumberlands

Spot on  mate ,  obviously  you are familiar with  Udon,

One  of the few .555

Archived