Which Visa For Male Spouse?

Hi

I am planning on moving to Thailand in 2007 with my husband. We are both English. I am 50 years old and female, I do not have a problem with the visa I will need to apply for.

My husband is 45 in December and I am getting conflicting advice from differant sources on which visa he will require. He obviously needs a visa which will allow him to stay in Thailand for the same length of time that I can. He does not intend to work and we have enough funds to live in Thailand comfortably for as long as is possible.

I believe they have changed the rules re visa runs, but if possible we did not want to go down this route. Can anyone please suggest anything?

Many Thanks :o

Hi

I am planning on moving to Thailand in 2007 with my husband. We are both English. I am 50 years old and female, I do not have a problem with the visa I will need to apply for.

My husband is 45 in December and I am getting conflicting advice from differant sources on which visa he will require. He obviously needs a visa which will allow him to stay in Thailand for the same length of time that I can. He does not intend to work and we have enough funds to live in Thailand comfortably for as long as is possible.

I believe they have changed the rules re visa runs, but if possible we did not want to go down this route. Can anyone please suggest anything?

It will have to be based on business, investment or education. A dependent ( piggyback) on your retirement visa is out now in BKK.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi

It will have to be based on business, investment or education. A dependent ( piggyback) on your retirement visa is out now in BKK.

Sorry I don't understand what a dependent ( piggyback) on your retirement visa is out now in BKK means :D

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

It means you having a retirement visa does not get him a visa of any kind under current policy (before it did). Perhaps the investment visa for a 3 million baht condo or bank investment would be his best bet until he is old enough to obtain a retirement visa for himself?

Hi

I have just read the following on a differant thread. I am totally confused

News from the new regulation:

This is coming from the Chief of Immigration.

1.Retirement Visa extension. If you have a foreign married spouse who is a dependent they will be able to get this dependent visa now. ( change of what has been happing the last couple weeks)

Does this mean that my husband will be eligible for the Dependants visa?

If so is the regulation likely to change again before we arrive in 2007?

pwllgrgn

Same situation as yourself, and totally confused!

My husband is over 50 but not me, so at the moment expecting to have to leave every 90 days to renew Non O visa (multiple entry). From what I've read I can see no problem gettting this type of visa in UK to start with, just the problem extending it on the basis of husbands O-A (retirement), although as you say some sites are saying you can.

Hopefully this will be confirmed by the time we have to get the visas.

Hi

I'm not planning on coming until 2007, but are at present re-decorating the 2 house we own in the UK to sell in the next few months. I am not sure if I can risk selling everything in the UK if things are a bit unclear re visas. I am unsure at the moment what to do. I'm ok I qualify for the retirement/long stay but if my husband cannot get the dependents, I don't think that he qualifies for any of the others :o

pwllgrgn

We planned to move this year but house not sold so stuck, at this rate it will be 2008! Have everything set up in Phuket so will be going. Must admit originally did think I would have to do a visa run, shopping trip to KL! and we intended to leave for 3 - 4 months every year anyway. Biggest problem is son as he would not want to leave so often but looks like he will have no option now 3 mil investment visa gone unless he can get a work permit. Think this option would not be too hard depending on area.