Muslim community in Krabi protests against Bt20-million pig farm

webfact

as long as it is not 20 million pigs ...

but why don't the muslim update their knowledge?

pig was forbidden 800 years ago, because there was no fridge & the pig meat got bad quickly because they also did not have the salting technology ...

2015 ...

Update? that's funny smile.png

Well, the reality is that pork is filthy meat. Here is some info on the disease carried within pork. It was not about the lack of refrigeration. It was about the general filth.

Of course, you’re probably familiar with H1N1, better known as ‘the swine flu.” This too is a virus that has made the leap from pig to human.

But H1N1 is not the only disease to fear from the pig. There are other sicknesses you can get from eating the meat of the pig.

Pork meat is loaded with toxins, more so than most other meats like beef and chicken.

Is Pork Meat Toxic?

There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig.

A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand a cow takes a good twenty-four hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health.

Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in their system to be stored in their more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption.

Another issue with the pig is that it doesn’t have any sweat glands. Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body.

I don’t have to tell you that when you consume pork meat, you too are getting all these toxins that weren’t eliminated from the pig. None of us need more toxins in our systems. In fact we should all be doing what we can to eliminate and cut down on toxin exposure. One vital way to do this is by choosing what you eat carefully.

Trichinellosis, Pork Meat, and Your Health

Did you know that pigs carry a variety of parasites in their bodies and meat? Some of these parasites are difficult to kill even when cooking. This is the reason there are so many warnings out there about eating undercooked pork.

One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh.

And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.

Common Symptoms of Trichinellosis:

• Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Headache
  • Fever
  • Chills
  • Cough
  • Swollen eyes
  • Muscle pain
  • Aching joints
  • Coordination problems
  • Heart issues
  • Breathing problems

These symptoms of trichinellosis can really put you out of the game for quite a while. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) these symptoms can last for weeks and in more serious cases months on end.

The CDC recommends thorough cooking of pork as well as freezing the pork meat prior to cooking to kill off any worms. I don’t know about you, but I don’t feel good about eating anything that I first have to kill off its worms to eat.

In fact, it’s been theorized that trichinellosis is the exact cause of Mozart’s rather sudden death at age 35. An American researcher theorized this after studying all the documents recording the days before, during, and after Mozart’s death. He found that Mozart suffered many of the above listed symptoms and he, himself, had recorded in his journal the consumption of pork just forty-four days before his own death.

(If you want to read more on this intriguing story you can find it in the Archives of Internal Medicine’s June 2001 issue.)

But that’s not all….

Pigs carry many viruses and parasites with them. Whether by coming in direct contact with them through farms or by eating their meat we put ourselves at higher risk of getting one of these painful, often debilitating diseases (not to mention put our bodies on toxic overload.)

Pigs are primary carriers of:

• Taenia solium tapeworm
  • Hepatitis E virus (HEV)
  • PRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome)
  • Nipah virus
  • Menangle virus

Each of these parasites and viruses can lead to serious health problems that can last for years to come.

What you choose to eat is up to you. Myself, I choose to stay away from unclean pork (and shellfish.) The reasons discussed here are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to eating pigs and your health.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spidermike007 - Your article is taken from http://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/ by Dr Josh Axe.

Members can go read the counter arguments following this article even to the extent that someone commenting on Dr Josh Axe 'But after hearing this, it seems unlikely, to me, that you are an actual physician'

There are many more articles that had done tests and commented that there are many 'untruths' of the above article.

Spidermike

Well, the reality is that pork is filthy meat. Here is some info on the disease carried within pork. It was not about the lack of refrigeration. It was about the general filth.

I have no idea as to the veracity of your statement regarding pork being filthy meat.

What I can tell you is that a whole load of Muslims from the Iraqi Army had no qualms whatsoever about ramming pork and beans MRE's down their throat in 91.

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

I don't like having any religious establishments near me, but my opinion does not count; because it is not illegal to have religious structures. Since it is not illegal to have pig farms, what is their complaint? What is the difference?

<snip>

its not your country, shut up and put up or leave - simple

if you dislike Muslims that's your call, but don't post total nonsense and misinformation.

The local Muslim community would be Thai citizens, Thai Muslims currently represent approximately 12% of the Thai population, and enjoy religious freedom enshrined in the Thai Constitution and supported by the highest institution in Thailand. If you and others don't believe me have a read of the content at the URL below from a Thai government website.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/riyadh/en/organize/29025-Muslim-in-Thailand.html

Update? that's funny smile.png

Thanks Spider,

In exchange for the amazing knowledge I've learned from you, I'll return it with something - I was joking, but ok, you didn't get my joke!

The statement I made regarding 'updation' was referring to the relative late scientific discovery of your very assertions in line with said 'holy' book, and a sort of pondering thought as to when that 'book' might be updated.

In the meantime, I will protect myself from pork, and instead limit myself to superior 'safe' pathogen like that found in poultry, beef or seafood.

When you're done figuring all that out, we can get back to the topic which is discussing why I too would be upset if a sty was about to be established in my back yard.

Toodles......

<snip>

if you dislike Muslims that's your call, but don't post total nonsense and misinformation.

The local Muslim community would be Thai citizens, Thai Muslims currently represent approximately 12% of the Thai population, and enjoy religious freedom enshrined in the Thai Constitution and supported by the highest institution in Thailand. If you and others don't believe me have a read of the content at the URL below from a Thai government website.

I would never disbelieve that Muslims have a peaceful yet strong foothold in any Country's constitution.

But you know something, I found it a little hard to believe that so called 'thai citizens' with reigious freedom would not even dare to bow or pay respect to such monuments as King Rama 5 who was responsible for empowering them with the freedom they were practising. He is not a Buddhist symbol, but a real figure of history, certainly not any false God.

Can anyone explain this?

Then we can get back to the really important issue of hogs....

<snip>

I would never disbelieve that Muslims have a peaceful yet strong foothold in any Country's constitution.

But you know something, I found it a little hard to believe that so called 'thai citizens' with reigious freedom would not even dare to bow or pay respect to such monuments as King Rama 5 who was responsible for empowering them with the freedom they were practising. He is not a Buddhist symbol, but a real figure of history, certainly not any false God.

Can anyone explain this?

Then we can get back to the really important issue of hogs....

Some Thai Muslims I personally know have an image of Rama V in their houses. Back to pig farms...

I don't like having any religious establishments near me, but my opinion does not count; because it is not illegal to have religious structures. Since it is not illegal to have pig farms, what is their complaint? What is the difference?

The stench? The running streams of pig poop polluting groundwater? The effect on Scandinavian tourism?

as long as it is not 20 million pigs ...

but why don't the muslim update their knowledge?

pig was forbidden 800 years ago, because there was no fridge & the pig meat got bad quickly because they also did not have the salting technology ...

2015 ...

why don't you update your knowledge on the stink of pig farms which can pollute a radius of up to 5 kilometers?

I agree that there could be a lot of pollution from the Pig Farm and probably waste treatment would be substandard. So from this point of view a large farm surely is a concern.

But IMHO this is 99,99% not the reason why the muslim community protests. Well I guess once they stop polluting the air with their "noise" (I will not even call this singing) around the mosques in non muslim countries there should be no complaining!!

I believe in freedom of religion but PLEASE muslims do not force your religion on anyone else, specifically if you are in a non-muslim country and pray without disturbing others while calling for prayers noisily!

If Muslims do not like what goes on in a non Muslim country, they are free to leave.

Pollution of the water table from Pig feces and urine isn't a religious issue - it's a legitimate HEALTH issue.

If someone threatened your environment, your health, would you leave the country? No, but you would protest it the same as these villagers are doing.

Apparently little or no environmental impact study was performed in connection with this large pig farm. More than likely official approval was motivated by other than compliance with civil procedure.

I doubt there would be many OPs who would criticize the protest if the reporter left out any religious references. However, if one had reported the villagers as Buddhists, I doubt they would be condemned for their faith but more likely congradulated for their faith.

The reporter "baited" his article for controversary and you BIT.

I agree that there could be a lot of pollution from the Pig Farm and probably waste treatment would be substandard. So from this point of view a large farm surely is a concern.

But IMHO this is 99,99% not the reason why the muslim community protests. Well I guess once they stop polluting the air with their "noise" (I will not even call this singing) around the mosques in non muslim countries there should be no complaining!!

I believe in freedom of religion but PLEASE muslims do not force your religion on anyone else, specifically if you are in a non-muslim country and pray without disturbing others while calling for prayers noisily!

If Muslims do not like what goes on in a non Muslim country, they are free to leave.

Pollution of the water table from Pig feces and urine isn't a religious issue - it's a legitimate HEALTH issue.

If someone threatened your environment, your health, would you leave the country? No, but you would protest it the same as these villagers are doing.

Apparently little or no environmental impact study was performed in connection with this large pig farm. More than likely official approval was motivated by other than compliance with civil procedure.

I doubt there would be many OPs who would criticize the protest if the reporter left out any religious references. However, if one had reported the villagers as Buddhists, I doubt they would be condemned for their faith but more likely congradulated for their faith.

The reporter "baited" his article for controversary and you BIT.

Making statements about legitimate HEALTH issues is Thailand. That's a cracker

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well I don't like the local 'Thai' dogs barking I get fed up with the local 'Thai citizens' playing loud music. However, I am told this is Thailand and people are entitled to do what they like on their own property. So why is it that Muslims think they have a right to bully and tell other Thais what they can and cannot do on their own land. Islam forbids, in some circumstances only, the eating of pigs, it does NOT forbid Muslims living near a pig far. I hope the pig farm goes ahead and am sick to death with Muslims the world over demanding everyone else conforms to what THEY want and what THEY believe.

Well I don't like the local 'Thai' dogs barking I get fed up with the local 'Thai citizens' playing loud music. However, I am told this is Thailand and people are entitled to do what they like on their own property. So why is it that Muslims think they have a right to bully and tell other Thais what they can and cannot do on their own land. Islam forbids, in some circumstances only, the eating of pigs, it does NOT forbid Muslims living near a pig far. I hope the pig farm goes ahead and am sick to death with Muslims the world over demanding everyone else conforms to what THEY want and what THEY believe.

Just about every day, some group or another is protesting in Thailand over the high cost of food, the low price of rice and rubber, oil wells, gas wells, mines, new fishing regulations, lack of fishing regulations, bandit taxis, crackdowns on bandit taxis, and on and on.

I salute the Muslims for protesting what's important to them. I may not agree with them, but I'm certainly not going to try to tell them I know what's best for them, and what they should or shouldn't do.

Besides, according to Scandinavian tourists, Krabi's already got enough environmental problems without piling on a few more tons of pig poop every day. I think we'd all miss the Swedish Bikini Team if they chose to go elsewhere for their "all over" tans.

Spidermike

I have no idea as to the veracity of your statement regarding pork being filthy meat.

What I can tell you is that a whole load of Muslims from the Iraqi Army had no qualms whatsoever about ramming pork and beans MRE's down their throat in 91.

Whether or not those guys eat pork means very little to me. I choose not to and feel good about the choice. But, to each his own. One must listen to their own body. I find the lack of meat makes the heat here far more tolerable. That is a practice that has been followed for millenia. It works for me. But, that is just one small reason. The environmental aspect of consuming pork, and especially beef is devastating.

Spidermike

today, dear children, we learned from an eggsburt that Muslims who like to eat pork and beans are hypocrites coffee1.gif

Spidermike

Whether or not those guys eat pork means very little to me. I choose not to and feel good about the choice. But, to each his own. One must listen to their own body. I find the lack of meat makes the heat here far more tolerable. That is a practice that has been followed for millenia. It works for me. But, that is just one small reason. The environmental aspect of consuming pork, and especially beef is devastating.

So protein from meat is somehow heating your body up more than protein from say egg or fish. Please enlighten me more as this is a finding that would give any scientist a Nobel prize.

Spidermike

today, dear children, we learned from an eggsburt that Muslims who like to eat pork and beans are hypocrites coffee1.gif

No idea of the actual circumstances, but would assume they were POWs who had no choice but to eat what was given to them.

The stench? The running streams of pig poop polluting groundwater? The effect on Scandinavian tourism?

You think religions do not have drawbacks? Pollution; however, is another issue. There should be laws enforced and measures enacted to ensure no pollution of groundwater; so perhaps you a blaming the wrong pigs for the stench.

What's this got to do with some Thai Muslims protesting about a planned pig farm near to their homes? Bet you would protest...

If the title of the article were "Local villagers protest proposed industrial hog farm in popular tourist area", I'm pretty sure we'd have 100% agreement (except for the ubiquitous trolls).

Add the word "Muslim" to the mix and the haters come out in droves.

What's this got to do with some Thai Muslims protesting about a planned pig farm near to their homes? Bet you would protest...

If the title of the article were "Local villagers protest proposed industrial hog farm in popular tourist area", I'm pretty sure we'd have 100% agreement (except for the ubiquitous trolls).

I do not see any 'hating' Muslims on here, but many are sick to death of the demands from ISLAM for special treatment. It's always their way or the highway, they demand tolerance, understanding and respect, but give none back as it is the most intolerant religion of all.

I do not see any 'hating' Muslims on here, but many are sick to death of the demands from ISLAM for special treatment. It's always their way or the highway, they demand tolerance, understanding and respect, but give none back as it is the most intolerant religion of all.

Once again the villagers are Thai citizens & have very right to peacefully protest against a large pig farm planned to be located near to their homes. I'm sure non Muslims wouldn't be pleased to have a similar facility located near to their homes & would also protest..

Environmental protests in Thailand are not uncommon (e.g. prawn farms) with an estimated 20 activists murdered in the past ten years or so.

Once again the villagers are Thai citizens & have very right to peacefully protest against a large pig farm planned to be located near to their homes. I'm sure non Muslims wouldn't be pleased to have a similar facility located near to their homes & would also protest..

Environmental protests in Thailand are not uncommon (e.g. prawn farms) with an estimated 20 activists murdered in the past ten years or so.

The pig farmers are Thai citizens as well and other people in the area are, it's only followers of ISLAM who are trying to get their own way as usual, lets hope they fail miserably.

Are the locals protesting for religious reasons or environmental reasons? If it is the former, tell them to get stuffed, Thailand has had the concept of religious freedom enshrined in all of its various constitutions and you cannot enforce your religious beliefs on your neighbor.

However, if they are worried about the environmental impact of a large pig farm, they have every reason to do so! A free-range pig farm will have a population density of about 10 pigs per acre (100 rai is about 40 acres), so that would give us about 400 pigs. Most pig farms are not free range. An intensive pig farm would have the pigs housed in large buildings with daily truckloads of pigfeed being brought in and (hopefully) truckloads of manure taken out. An intensive pig farm would have up to 4000 pigs, with the accompanying stench, waste production and potential for water and land pollution.

Archived