The beach walkway?

thaibeachlovers

they hastily filled one hole that was, coincidentally of course, opposite the police station. I think they are getting ready to start the storm drain at the walking st end and have built a fenced off area over the footpath, leaving citizens and tourists the options of stepping onto the fast lane of the road with the speeding buses or risking the board work which has no lighting at night and large holes. Funny thing is at one stage they put a concrete barrier around the holes and then for some reason they decided to replace them with a piece of string. No more seats of course

95% of it is in perfect shape. The put in the seating north of Mike's Shopping Center, but not south, because the "girls of the night {and day}" would use it all. Makes sense to me. I am sure that you were looking for a positive response, so here it is. Have a good day.

I guess you could say that 95% of the central lane part of this glorified road is in good shape. But lane bordering beach is a disaster and counting.

The "repaired" part in front of police station will last until next flooding

For the last 3 months area above Walking st is full of construction trailers. for a beach restoration project that has not started. The pumps are scattered around.

Overall its in the worst shape ever.Especially the collapsed area in front of Holiday Inn. By the way wear shoes when walking on beach, I saw a syringe on sand at waterline.

As predicted before the widening of Beach Road and revamping of the Beach Road Walk-way had finished, the new Beach Road prominade was falling apart. Part of the problem, which seems to be connected to Thai culture , is not thinking of the "What-If" or being "pro-active" before something happens. So you cut down the few indigenous trees left along the beach whose roots helped to prevent erosion and foilage provided shade now cannot be brought back; checking to see if all the retaining walls along the walk-way were solid and secure--totally ignored before the Cambodians laid down the brick, and when everything was dug up along Beach Road to add an extra lane and a drainage sysetem, the drainaged system to catch the run-off during a rain was a standard size-- so called "engineers" didn't know about the floods that occur along Beach Road during heavy rainstorms? Now with the heavy rains, the water rushing down like rapids from the sois that are perpendicular to Beach Road have caused the walkways to erode away in certain areas and the eroding sand has made the bay more shallow. (I predict the city officials will haul in sand to put on Pattaya Beach before they take care of the erosion problem .) Over all I like the new Beach prominade. Easier to jog or walk on it and in the evenings it is nice to see many families and couple to take advantage of the easy walk-way and being able to see the bay. (True, no shade during the day time so carry an umbrella is you are that sensitive to the sun.)

A couple years ago, I was hoping my negative prediction about the new Beach Road prominade falling apart would be wrong but...

Thanks for the replies. So nothing has changed and when the rains start....................................

Last time I was there, a rain storm flooded the road in front of Central for ages, so better learn to use stilts this rainy season, 5555555555555555.

95% of it is in perfect shape. The put in the seating north of Mike's Shopping Center, but not south, because the "girls of the night {and day}" would use it all. Makes sense to me. I am sure that you were looking for a positive response, so here it is. Have a good day.

So to stop the girls sitting there they penalise everyone. TiT.

As predicted before the widening of Beach Road and revamping of the Beach Road Walk-way had finished, the new Beach Road prominade was falling apart. Part of the problem, which seems to be connected to Thai culture , is not thinking of the "What-If" or being "pro-active" before something happens. So you cut down the few indigenous trees left along the beach whose roots helped to prevent erosion and foilage provided shade now cannot be brought back; checking to see if all the retaining walls along the walk-way were solid and secure--totally ignored before the Cambodians laid down the brick, and when everything was dug up along Beach Road to add an extra lane and a drainage sysetem, the drainaged system to catch the run-off during a rain was a standard size-- so called "engineers" didn't know about the floods that occur along Beach Road during heavy rainstorms? Now with the heavy rains, the water rushing down like rapids from the sois that are perpendicular to Beach Road have caused the walkways to erode away in certain areas and the eroding sand has made the bay more shallow. (I predict the city officials will haul in sand to put on Pattaya Beach before they take care of the erosion problem .) Over all I like the new Beach prominade. Easier to jog or walk on it and in the evenings it is nice to see many families and couple to take advantage of the easy walk-way and being able to see the bay. (True, no shade during the day time so carry an umbrella is you are that sensitive to the sun.)

A couple years ago, I was hoping my negative prediction about the new Beach Road prominade falling apart would be wrong but...

why they put a wall - bricks to the beach side ß

the water anyway will find his way to the clean bech water !!

Have a nice swimming there !!

Anyone know which firm was paid for that bit of work? Same one bent on destroying Jomtien beach road? Nong Nooch? (Don't know if connected to the garden spot.... want to eliminate plant life everywhere but there?). Last week they took out some light standards, some spray paint markings here and there...

A Troll post badmouthing Pattaya residents has been removed.

Also a post discussing moderation

And an off topic Pattaya bashing post has been removed, the topic is about the Beach Walkway

• 8 months later...

Strangely the gang of Burmese / Cambodians "seem to" be doing a better job in Jomtien... Especially on the pavement on the opposite side from the beach. Its not brilliant workman/workwomenship but better than it was.

Are these pictures on this thread recent evidence or old pictures of erosion on Pattaya beach walkway ?

Thanks for the photos- brilliant.

Hard to believe somebody got well paid to turn the beach road into that. And will continue to get paid to patch up for the next 20 years.

You are probably incorrect. No one that actually worked on the road got well paid, and I doubt if any of them actually knew what they were doing. Obviously they either didn't install proper drainage systems, or they blocked existing ones, which led to the subsurface being leached away with the inevitable collapse, as seen.

No doubt a lot of money was paid, but as to whom it went to.................................

Thanks for the photos- brilliant.

Hard to believe somebody got well paid to turn the beach road into that. And will continue to get paid to patch up for the next 20 years.

You are probably incorrect. No one that actually worked on the road got well paid, and I doubt if any of them actually knew what they were doing. Obviously they either didn't install proper drainage systems, or they blocked existing ones, which led to the subsurface being leached away with the inevitable collapse, as seen.

No doubt a lot of money was paid, but as to whom it went to.................................

Actually this damaged area, see also post #16 that has occurred just in the last several dry season months is from the ocean North to South wind driven current that undermined the walkway. The sandbags and inadequate sea wall are causes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871570-soi-1-beach-walkway-repair/

The first two photos are almost unbelievable. The lack of proper construction ( no doubt because the money went elsewhere ) is a disgrace.

I'd love to be in the conference room when those responsible try to explain it all in a way that they are exonerated and it's all the workers fault.

We don't seem to be getting much input from those that were saying it was all great and we didn't know what we were talking about in another thread a while back. giggle.gif

Archived