Whey protein in Thailand

n210mp

Does anyone have any experience of the best type of Whey protein for the older person and if so

Where can I get it delivered in Thailand (I'm in Pattaya)

Thanks for the help

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Whey protein for older person is not different than pure Whey protein for bodybuilder or other sports.

I buy from phukethealthshop one with the least added things. It tastes like cacao (but there are other flavors) I put it with non fat milk into the blender and what comes out tastes very good.

Or eat a Musli and add it or mix it with Yoghurt.

I think Whey protein for older person is not different than pure Whey protein for bodybuilder or other sports.

I buy from phukethealthshop one with the least added things. It tastes like cacao (but there are other flavors) I put it with non fat milk into the blender and what comes out tastes very good.

Have you tried www.clubproteinonline.com - no additives so you can use you own fruit/milk/flavourings and much cheaper than the commercially prepared stuff. I have never had a problem with service/delivery and have used them for a few years.

Have also been ordering from phuket health shop for a few years without problems for other items but they don't stock the plain stuff.

Have you tried www.clubproteinonline.com - no additives so you can use you own fruit/milk/flavourings and much cheaper than the commercially prepared stuff. I have never had a problem with service/delivery and have used them for a few years.

Have also been ordering from phuket health shop for a few years without problems for other items but they don't stock the plain stuff.

I am not so into the plain one, because I am too lazy. 2 glass of non fat milk, 2 spoons of the protein, into the blender for 5 seconds, cleaning the top of the blender while drinking the first glass and the blender while drinking the second glass is just perfect for me....under 1 minute everything together.....

I know I am lazy.....But often enough I don't eat 24 hours.....just because I am too lazy to cook something and too picky to eat some fast food. So I better take the expensive powder..... (Can only drink the cacao, all other flavors taste terrible chemical)

http://healthfoodthailand.com/en/health-food-thailand-/435-organic-pea-protein-chocolate-cacao100-grams.html

Organic Pea Protein with Cacao ..no artificial additives just pea protein and cacao ... i use and it tastes like choc milk ...

whey protein = sugar ..... highly processed product in an unregulated sector of health , read the label on the rear of the packet and see if you can recognize some of the ingredients ....

imo the less processed the better esp at your age

I think I should have asked another question because I am now not sure that I am onto the right thing with whey protein after reading your helpful posts and looking into some of the older threads on TVF

I am reasonably fit for my age a have a good covering of body fat and at 5f 6in 87K in weight dont need any extra weight

This last year I seem to be lacking in energy and the answer seemed to be from a lack of protein I concluded, now I am not too sure so maybe i could ask another question;

Bearing in mind my lack of power or energy at the age of 70 and not wanting to add any extra weight what would be the best source for a supplemental whether it be whey protein or anything else?

Thanks for all the help you can give me

http://healthfoodthailand.com/en/health-food-thailand-/435-organic-pea-protein-chocolate-cacao100-grams.html

Organic Pea Protein with Cacao ..no artificial additives just pea protein and cacao ... i use and it tastes like choc milk ...

whey protein = sugar ..... highly processed product in an unregulated sector of health , read the label on the rear of the packet and see if you can recognize some of the ingredients ....

That is the same product as Orac suggested in post #5, but at almost 4 times the price.coffee1.gif

I think I should have asked another question because I am now not sure that I am onto the right thing with whey protein after reading your helpful posts and looking into some of the older threads on TVF

I am reasonably fit for my age a have a good covering of body fat and at 5f 6in 87K in weight dont need any extra weight

This last year I seem to be lacking in energy and the answer seemed to be from a lack of protein I concluded, now I am not too sure so maybe i could ask another question;

Bearing in mind my lack of power or energy at the age of 70 and not wanting to add any extra weight what would be the best source for a supplemental whether it be whey protein or anything else?

Lack of energy point more to lack of Carbs instead of Protein, but maybe it would be better to see a doctor, who can give you a correct diagnose.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum, or any other forum in the world, who can do that online.

Indeed you need supplementation with high quality nutrients more than ever. However I would recommend a complete physical. Either here or at home. Get standard blood work done CBC and Chem panel. I would also order a complete Thyroid panel. free Testosterone, Free PSA and Estradiol best done by a Doc that is familiar with Anti-Aging Medicine.

Bumungrad Hospital has an Anti-Aging Clinic across from the main Hospital but you get get these test done at the regular hospital for half or third of the price.

I have rarely seen a case of protein deficiency except in late stage HIV/AIDS or cancer cases. Usually we get enough protein in out diets. The concern now is in "the Western"diet" maybe too much. the question is though what is the quality of the protein and in what medium are you getting it hope that helps.

Lack of energy point more to lack of Carbs instead of Protein, but maybe it would be better to see a doctor, who can give you a correct diagnose.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum, or any other forum in the world, who can do that online.

Lack of carbs??????

I almost eat no carbs and I have energy.....more carbs mean to get more fat not more energy.

Indeed you need supplementation with high quality nutrients more than ever. However I would recommend a complete physical. Either here or at home. Get standard blood work done CBC and Chem panel. I would also order a complete Thyroid panel. free Testosterone, Free PSA and Estradiol best done by a Doc that is familiar with Anti-Aging Medicine.

Bumungrad Hospital has an Anti-Aging Clinic across from the main Hospital but you get get these test done at the regular hospital for half or third of the price.

I have rarely seen a case of protein deficiency except in late stage HIV/AIDS or cancer cases. Usually we get enough protein in out diets. The concern now is in "the Western"diet" maybe too much. the question is though what is the quality of the protein and in what medium are you getting it hope that helps.

It is discussed from time to time that older people can't take the protein as good as younger one and don't have enough even they eat lots of it.

Too much protein? I think it is very difficult to get too much protein, as the body just converts it into energy. There are bodybuilder who eat 300 gram pure protein per day and it isn't too much as long as you kidneys and liver is healthy.

Another thing is that you are very heavy, maybe reduce the weight a bit?

Lack of carbs??????

I almost eat no carbs and I have energy.....more carbs mean to get more fat not more energy.

But never mind.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/carbohydrates.html

Carbohydrates are one of the main types of nutrients. They are the most important source of energy for your body. Your digestive system changes carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar). Your body uses this sugar for energy for your cells, tissues and organs. It stores any extra sugar in your liver and muscles for when it is needed.

Lack of carbs??????

But never mind.

Carbohydrates are one of the main types of nutrients. They are the most important source of energy for your body. Your digestive system changes carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar). Your body uses this sugar for energy for your cells, tissues and organs. It stores any extra sugar in your liver and muscles for when it is needed.

Not it is not the most important.

You need Protein and Fat. If you don't eat any carbohydrates the body burns mostly fat (in the form of ketone bodies) and the little bit that is still needed is made from the protein. But usually you won't eat zero carbs so.

If you eat carbohydrates the extra sugar is stored in the liver and muscles ONLY if you do lots of sport. If you don't do much (and going for a walk does not count) your store is full and you store the extra as fat on your belly + huge increase in the risk of getting diabetics.

The European human didn't get some carbs for half the year every year. In winter in Europe as hunter and gatherer you get only fat and protein. Only for a short period per year they had carbs and used them to gain some fat to survive the winter.

Now with a high carb diet we gain fat all the year.

Lack of carbs??????

But never mind.

You need Protein and Fat. If you don't eat any carbohydrates the body burns mostly fat (in the form of ketone bodies) and the little bit that is still needed is made from the protein. But usually you won't eat zero carbs so.

If you eat carbohydrates the extra sugar is stored in the liver and muscles ONLY if you do lots of sport. If you don't do much (and going for a walk does not count) your store is full and you store the extra as fat on your belly + huge increase in the risk of getting diabetics.

The European human didn't get some carbs for half the year every year. In winter in Europe as hunter and gatherer you get only fat and protein. Only for a short period per year they had carbs and used them to gain some fat to survive the winter.

As I said, never mind, you probably know it all better than the US National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends.

Lack of carbs??????

But never mind.

As I said, never mind, you probably know it all better than the US National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends.

Obviously

Maybe I could give a little more information

I went to Lifecare for a blood test a couple of weeks ago (the 999 Baht with the ECG one) and everything was normal only my cholesterol up above the normal range according to the booklet normal is 140 to 200 and mine was 205

I put that down to being on my back for two months with no cardio vascular exercises because of the leg breaks, normally my Cholesterol is well within the normal rage ( could be kidding myself)

I ride a bike 3/4 times a week around Mabrachan usually 30Ks but before the accident used to do 40 on average

Before my accident I was complaining about lack of power, last year I could do 55/60 Ks without any problem

I dont think that the oppressive heat is helping either but because I have had this feeling of low energy now for some time I feel I need to get to the bottom of it

One post suggests I need to lose some weight and maybe there is some truth in that but all my life I have been very big, no not all fat, you know the type, very stocky and strong, the results of being a powerlifter when I was a lot younger.

In the absence of any blood problem showing up on the tests and the fact that I have been very active and fit all my life I just cannot understand why I have no energy.

I read the internet about taking Multi Vits and I have been on Centrum +50 for the last couple of years but I dont think that they are helping me

Since the accident I have also been taking Vits C D & Calcium on the Doctors order

I eat plenty of wholemeal bread without any butter of marg and have a varied and good diet.

I really am scratching my head here, I thought that the whey protein supplement may have been something that would have increased my energy level

I am open to suggestions about anything that has worked for anyone else in the form of a dietary supplement to increase energy levels

Thanks to all for your time in answering, I really appreciate it

Maybe I could give a little more information

I went to Lifecare for a blood test a couple of weeks ago (the 999 Baht with the ECG one) and everything was normal only my cholesterol up above the normal range according to the booklet normal is 140 to 200 and mine was 205

I put that down to being on my back for two months with no cardio vascular exercises because of the leg breaks, normally my Cholesterol is well within the normal rage ( could be kidding myself)

I ride a bike 3/4 times a week around Mabrachan usually 30Ks but before the accident used to do 40 on average

Before my accident I was complaining about lack of power, last year I could do 55/60 Ks without any problem

I dont think that the oppressive heat is helping either but because I have had this feeling of low energy now for some time I feel I need to get to the bottom of it

One post suggests I need to lose some weight and maybe there is some truth in that but all my life I have been very big, no not all fat, you know the type, very stocky and strong, the results of being a powerlifter when I was a lot younger.

In the absence of any blood problem showing up on the tests and the fact that I have been very active and fit all my life I just cannot understand why I have no energy.

I read the internet about taking Multi Vits and I have been on Centrum +50 for the last couple of years but I dont think that they are helping me

Since the accident I have also been taking Vits C D & Calcium on the Doctors order

I eat plenty of wholemeal bread without any butter of marg and have a varied and good diet.

I really am scratching my head here, I thought that the whey protein supplement may have been something that would have increased my energy level

I am open to suggestions about anything that has worked for anyone else in the form of a dietary supplement to increase energy levels

Thanks to all for your time in answering, I really appreciate it

205 cholesterol is no drama.....Not long ago 240 was the maximum....

For heat: do you get enough fluid and minerals? Do you sleep well (Like too hot sleeping room).

You can try to take some whey protein, Centrum +50, maybe some electrolyte drink just all of it in a kind of shotgun approach in the hope one item will fix it. Non of it can cause any damage.

That is the same product as Orac suggested in post #5, but at almost 4 times the price.coffee1.gif

no its not

OP keep in mind you are not a spring chicken :)

So it's pretty natural, again go with multivitamins for a month and see how you feel.

No miracle cure to age as yet, but at least multi vitamins will balance you out, if any are missing.

Yes sure you could loose weight, but it's easier said than done and I am sure at your age you want to enjoy life instead of starving.

All the best :)

no its not

So what's the difference, the chocolate powder that is added to the expensive one, or do you mean that one is organic and the other Non-GMO certified. I don't see why that small difference would justify such a price difference.

But wait may be it's this LIE in the info about the overpriced pea protein.

Organic pea protein has a complete spectrum of amino acids. Pea protein's amino acid content and protein levels put it on a par with whey protein powders

Pea protein is missing one of the essential amino acids, so it doesn't have a complete spectrum of amino acids, so it also can't be on par with Whey which contains all essential amino acids.

Maybe the organic in the description is also a white lie to justify a rip off price.

Multivitamins are not that great, synthetic and not that absorbable, problem is they are missing the co-factors and enzymes that assimilate and digest the vitamins into a usable form for the body.. I think you are much better using whole food supplements , green powders e.g. wheatgrass, moringa or spirulina are better choices, add to that a good protein powder, pea, rice or whey and blend into a smoothie, much better then synthetic multi's which you just piss down the drain..

Multivitamins are not that great, synthetic and not that absorbable, problem is they are missing the co-factors and enzymes that assimilate and digest the vitamins into a usable form for the body.. I think you are much better using whole food supplements , green powders e.g. wheatgrass, moringa or spirulina are better choices, add to that a good protein powder, pea, rice or whey and blend into a smoothie, much better then synthetic multi's which you just piss down the drain..

No synthetic vitamins work the same...if they are less absorbable, than just eat the double or ten times the amount. If you piss them down the drain it means you have absorbed them. There is no direct connection between your mouth and your kidney.

Archived