News On The New Regulation

Is this new tourist rule definatly 100% going to be put in place?

Seems like bulls**t to me, what about all the diving instructors? I remember speaking to a dive school in Lanta who offer free tuition to thais cos it is virtually impossible to get a visa as a divemaster, yet the demand is massive. Or people who have money but dont want to work and just wanna chill out in thailand for 6-12 months. Seems like a very heavy handed manner in which to weed out the 'undesirables'.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm directing this at SunBelt and other service providers.

Presumably one option is to set up a consultancy company {easier and reduces the Thai staff issue to zero I belive} and then apply for WP + B2 visa etc. Error here?

Anyone able to give a realistic annual cost breakdown, I assume the entity has to pay taxes [name not Tak... :o {and so does the WP holder or are they rolled in?}

TIA

Unless I am missing something, the airlines don't care if you are allowed in or not. All they care about is that you have an onward ticket so it is not at their expense to get should one be refused entry.

Normally airlines get fined for bringing in a passenger who is refused entry because of a visa problem that check in staff should have spotted. Some countries (including possibly Thailand) force foreign airlines to take the passenger away on the same aircraft wherever it's going to next with or without a ticket. So it can be a big headache for airlines. However, this a scatterbrained regulation that is not easy for check in staff (or immigration officials) to spot). It could potentially cause chaos at check in and/or immigration counters, if it is ever implemented. It seems that legit tourists who come here once a twice a month for a w/e will be blocked. Businessmen who also come once or twice a month to visit customers will also be in trouble. Many do not have offices in Thailand and therefore have no way to apply for a work permit or pay tax even if they wanted to. They may end up having to apply for tourist visas at consulates, which would help the tax issue and would prevent business visits planned at short notice. It is so insanely against tourism and business, while leaving loopholes for the illegals and tax dodgers, that it will hopefully never see the light of day.

Yet another example of an unthought through Toxin inspired folly designed for short term political spin value and no one senior dares point out the shortcomings. Unfortunately these people are unlikely to stop at just making it harder for foreigners to come here. Travel restrictions usually go hand in hand with efforts to made the destination unappealing for visitors e.g. perhaps another social order campaign in the offing with even shorter bar opening hours, free urine tests for farangs, free nights in the rong pak for those not carrying their passports around etc etc. The drinking age is already going up to 25, stricter even than nanny America, which will kill off night spots like RCA. The guy is unhappy over his sudden loss of popularity and wants to make sure everyone else is unhappy too.

My point exactly. What is to stop the airlines from requiring everyone (including the 41 exempt countries) to carry valid Tourist visas, before allowing someone to board. That seems to be the only sure way for the airlines to know someone will be allowed to entry. Since it will be almost impossible to know based upon the visa exempt system. This potentially will be a blow for tourism, not to mention the country hoppers, you won't be pleased either. It might be that this idea will be shelved pretty soon.

Edited by sjaak327

hi guys..

so why do people want multiple tourist visa's anyway?

surely 30 or 60 days is enough for a holiday - and thats what these tourist visa's are for.

if you are working or staying in thailand why dont you get a work or retirement or dependants visa?

i dont think that there is anything wrong here with the new visa requirements - just people trying to get around the law - for whatever reason - probably tax or insurance or just simply black employment ....

so what do such people ( multiple tourist visa ) do for a living? how do they get money? one assumes its all illigal?

so i guess thats why the thai authorities are trying to tighten up on them?

amarka :o

Some people need these visas because they are retired, under 50 and don't trust investing money in the country which seems to make since taking all of this into account. They need a retired visa for the young people. You don't have to be old to retire.

correct, and there are a lot of idiots who can't grasp this concept that there are 48 year old retirees out there with no options

hi guys..

surely 30 or 60 days is enough for a holiday - and thats what these tourist visa's are for.

if you are working or staying in thailand why dont you get a work or retirement or dependants visa?

i dont think that there is anything wrong here with the new visa requirements - just people trying to get around the law - for whatever reason - probably tax or insurance or just simply black employment ....

so what do such people ( multiple tourist visa ) do for a living? how do they get money? one assumes its all illigal?

amarka :D

Well, I am no tax evading, insurance scamming, black employment law breaker.

I am however an expat in a country 3 hours flight from Bangkok, where the woman I love works. Before this I could pop over for a couple of weeks every 2 months on R&R and see her, or even pop over for the weekend. I do not determine when I have leave, my boss does. So this means for me the following:

I have spent 2 out of 3 consecutive stays since may, going on the 3rd in October. After that I will have to wait until january 16, 2007 to be eligible for a VOA.

My next R&R is scheduled for Decmember 28 to january 14, and there is no chance in hel_l that I will be able to re-schedule that one.

I will not be eligible for R&R after that until 14th March....so I will not get to see my girl for allmost for 5 months.

I could of course get a tourist Visa, but there is no guarantees that will get that, with 3 VOA stamps allready in my passport.

Realise there are guys worse off for various reasons than me, but climb off your high horse!

Everyones situation is differnet.

Our relationship, while being difficult enough by the distance between us just got a lot more difficult. :o

Edited by Gimbo

News from the new regulation:

This is coming from the Chief of Immigration.

1.Retirement Visa extension. If you have a foreign married spouse who is a dependent they will be able to get this dependent visa now. ( change of what has been happing the last couple weeks)

2.Retirement visa extension: If you have children under 20. They will no longer be able to get a dependent visa based on you having an extension of stay on retirement. They want these kids to get it based on education so they go to school.

3..Investment Visa extension: Will no longer be available after Oct 1st for new applicants on 3 million Baht.

4. Investment visa extension. For existing extension of stay holders of 3 million Baht, we are now being told this will now be grandfathered in and they will be able to get the extension forever as long as they renew. (Yes I know reversal from several hours ago but the government is aware that people bought condos before on this scheme and now will allow it.)

5.Now the news for frequent visitors: We have checked this upwards and backwards all day and it has been confirmed by a copy of the new regulation we have. If you have a visa on arrival more than three times in six months, you cannot come into Thailand without a visa from an Embassy/Consulate. When you enter Thailand, even if you are here just 1 hour, this counts as 30 days. If you come back 6 weeks later for 2 days, this again is 30 days. If you arrive a month later for 4 days, still counts as 30 days. When you leave, you cannot enter Thailand for 3.5 months without coming back with a visa. The reason is to force people who are supposed to have work permits to do so and pay tax.

Another example; you arrive for a week, this counts as 30 days, One month later 3 days and its 30 days, two months later and its for a two week period, still another 30 days. You can reenter Thailand in 6 weeks without having a visa.

6.On extension of stay based support of a Thai national (Marriage visa), before if you applied for this extension of stay, you would get a 30 day consideration stamp. Once you return in 30 days you would get the one year extension. Now it will be the same as an extension of stay based on business with the norm of three 30 day consideration stamps. Immigration will go out and check to see if it’s a real marriage or a sham before issuing the one year.

7.On an extension of stay based on being a Monk. No dependents will be allowed to get an extension of stay based on being a dependent.

http://www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

---

Your best choice:

Get a multiple Non-Immigrant Visa:

http://www.thaivisa.com/422.0.html

errrr, well i read the examples of the frequent visitor rule, cant quite work out why one example has to leave for 3.5 months and the other for 6 weeks, can anyone explain this to me pleas before i go stir crazy...

(also 3.5 months???? where did they get this figure from??)

These new regulations are to prevent foreigners working without work permit.

And to "remove criminals in Pattaya" as Jockstar put it.

"go legit or leave" I read, and many people seem to agree.

Many of those who agree with the new rules, happen to be the same ones that are in the comfortable situation of having their visa's and or work permits sorted out. Maybe they can recall the days where they did not have the financial or other means to get such a visa. Days for example, where they were young and traveling and exploring the world, ending up for a long stay in "unforgettable Thailand". And maybe they can remember the days they did do visa runs themselves. And some of those are now silently laughing with those who will be in trouble... bad for your karma to say the least.

Retirement visa's ... non imm visa with 800k bath etc.. That’s easily said for all the end-of-career people, retirees, rich folks ... But the young people with limited resources, and good intentions, for them there is no way to have the real Thailand experience like it could be lived it in the past ... Truly sad.

Thailand was the right place for the MANY people who took a 6 months to a one year break or sabbatical, who took a break from the rats race, to be away from it all and relax in the land of smiles --> real tourists without an income (temporary) on a long holiday – but with a sufficient budget for the stay. These people are not welcome any longer for a long stay.

Just 90 days left (of which you would lose 4 for arriving, leaving and visa-running), too short tjing tjing.

And the long term tourists visiting the neighboring countries, every stopover in Thailand has to be 30 days or you would lose out. How silly and inconvenient.

These rules will affect honest long term tourists, and young people with limited resources, more than they will affect the "criminals" who are targeted with these rules.

Not even setting the clock at zero from October 1 is yet another unnecessary injustice, enforcing a new rule immediately and without any warning.

In my view, it is a lost chance for the people of Thailand, for the many foreigners who had so many enriching cross-cultural experiences, as well as a loss of income for the local tourism industry and people depending on it, with many long term tourists forced out early.

And for some it will be a human tragedy having to leave now.

My thoughts are with all you unfortunate guys/gals out there. Amen.

Ps. We can all hope these ideas will be shelved soon. But the closing hour and other such ideas really got enforced, the situation never went back to what it was before.

1.Retirement Visa extension. If you have a foreign married spouse who is a dependent they will be able to get this dependent visa now. ( change of what has been happing the last couple weeks)

2.Retirement visa extension: If you have children under 20. They will no longer be able to get a dependent visa based on you having an extension of stay on retirement. They want these kids to get it based on education so they go to school.

3..Investment Visa extension: Will no longer be available after Oct 1st for new applicants on 3 million Baht.

4. Investment visa extension. For existing extension of stay holders of 3 million Baht, we are now being told this will now be grandfathered in and they will be able to get the extension forever as long as they renew. (Yes I know reversal from several hours ago but the government is aware that people bought condos before on this scheme and now will allow it.)

5.Now the news for frequent visitors: We have checked this upwards and backwards all day and it has been confirmed by a copy of the new regulation we have. If you have a visa on arrival more than three times in six months, you cannot come into Thailand without a visa from an Embassy/Consulate. When you enter Thailand, even if you are here just 1 hour, this counts as 30 days. If you come back 6 weeks later for 2 days, this again is 30 days. If you arrive a month later for 4 days, still counts as 30 days. When you leave, you cannot enter Thailand for 3.5 months without coming back with a visa. The reason is to force people who are supposed to have work permits to do so and pay tax.

Another example; you arrive for a week, this counts as 30 days, One month later 3 days and its 30 days, two months later and its for a two week period, still another 30 days. You can reenter Thailand in 6 weeks without having a visa.

6.On extension of stay based support of a Thai national (Marriage visa), before if you applied for this extension of stay, you would get a 30 day consideration stamp. Once you return in 30 days you would get the one year extension. Now it will be the same as an extension of stay based on business with the norm of three 30 day consideration stamps. Immigration will go out and check to see if it’s a real marriage or a sham before issuing the one year.

7.On an extension of stay based on being a Monk. No dependents will be allowed to get an extension of stay based on being a dependent.

http://www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

---

Your best choice:

Get a multiple Non-Immigrant Visa:

http://www.thaivisa.com/422.0.html

errrr, well i read the examples of the frequent visitor rule, cant quite work out why one example has to leave for 3.5 months and the other for 6 weeks, can anyone explain this to me pleas before i go stir crazy...

(also 3.5 months???? where did they get this figure from??)

I think the point is that if you enter for 4 days, you are using your third "30 days" and that the defined end date that the IB calculate from is the date you are permitted to remain until, even if you leave early, hence the 3.5 months.

Regards

Looks like all this won't affect those of us who have 2 passports :D

Not until a Thai immigration officer reads this anyway!!! :D Very easy to track. However will not go into how; just incase they read this site. :o

Edited by maprao

Sunbelt,

I work in Iraq as a Security Contractor.

I have a 1 year rental agreement for an apartment in Phuket that I payed for, 2 months ago.(180000 bath)

I moved to Thailand last year in July and my schedule and TVE looks like this:

In the last year, leading up til Oct.01 I have been in Thailand:

31 Oct-19 Nov (TVE/VOA until 29 Nov)

19 Feb-19 Mar (TVE/VOA until 20 March)

26 Jun-24 Jul (TVE/VOA until 25 July)

01 Aug- 12 Aug (TVE/VOA until 30 August)

Now I get my next leave on 15 October until 31 November....

Which means I have to do a "visa run" on Nov 15, to be able to stay until I go back to work on the 31st...I was planning to go to Singapore for a couple of days to see the sights. But I guess I cant come back, if this is a 3 stamps in a 6 month period...Since on October 15, I get my third stamp in that period....So I wont be able to go back....

Am I correct in that assumption?

And it seems from December Im working two months on, one off...

Somehow I find it uncomprenhensible that Im an "undesireable", as I spend a shitload of money on my leave, as a tourist in a tourist place, I dont break any laws, ride with a helmet on my rented motorbike, etc.... :o

I think they are hitting the wrong people with this legislation....

If they wanted to hit Chinese and Indian workers that just stay and never go back without workpermits, meaning staying as illegal aliens, then they need to target those groups specifically and not just do this shotgunning of all...

Im 35, not planned on getting married, with all these new rules and a shaky government "cracking down" on foreigners, why would any foreigner in my situation (And I know of several that do exactly what I do who live like me in Thailand) then want to invest 3-10 million Bath in a Thai-bank?

Sunbelt,

I work in Iraq as a Security Contractor.

I have a 1 year rental agreement for an apartment in Phuket that I payed for, 2 months ago.(180000 bath)

I moved to Thailand last year in July and my schedule and TVE looks like this:

In the last year, leading up til Oct.01 I have been in Thailand:

31 Oct-19 Nov (TVE/VOA until 29 Nov)

19 Feb-19 Mar (TVE/VOA until 20 March)

26 Jun-24 Jul (TVE/VOA until 25 July)

01 Aug- 12 Aug (TVE/VOA until 30 August)

Now I get my next leave on 15 October until 31 November....

Which means I have to do a "visa run" on Nov 15, to be able to stay until I go back to work on the 31st...I was planning to go to Singapore for a couple of days to see the sights. But I guess I cant come back, if this is a 3 stamps in a 6 month period...Since on October 15, I get my third stamp in that period....So I wont be able to go back....

Am I correct in that assumption?

And it seems from December Im working two months on, one off...

Somehow I find it uncomprenhensible that Im an "undesireable", as I spend a shitload of money on my leave, as a tourist in a tourist place, I dont break any laws, ride with a helmet on my rented motorbike, etc.... :o

I think they are hitting the wrong people with this legislation....

If they wanted to hit Chinese and Indian workers that just stay and never go back without workpermits, meaning staying as illegal aliens, then they need to target those groups specifically and not just do this shotgunning of all...

Im 35, not planned on getting married, with all these new rules and a shaky government "cracking down" on foreigners, why would any foreigner in my situation (And I know of several that do exactly what I do who live like me in Thailand) then want to invest 3-10 million Bath in a Thai-bank?

hi mate, im also a 35 year old security contarctor in Iraq, im absolutly livid about this toilet decision. Im also in an apartment in BKK and do a rotation on and off that will mean that i should get into Thailand on the 29th Sep, but after this leave period im stuffed. Ive got loads of entry visa in my passport, and even when im back, (which i consider my home now) i sometimnes jet off to nearby countries, which will make it even worse for us now!!!

The only thing i can think of, is trying to get a visa in Dubai on the way through, which im looking into now for future trips home. would mean the pain of hanging around though.... all in all its worse for us i think than anyone (us being expat overseas workers). i already said in a previous post that im already thinking of moving to try a newcountry, but this is just anger showing through. although im wondering if it gets to hard and there is no easy solution for the likes of us, it may have to happen.

(just confirm someone, that even though ive lots of visa stamps in my passport, as long as i enter thailand next toime before oct 1st i wil not be subject to the new law yet and will be able to stay for the 30 days??)

hi mate, im also a 35 year old security contarctor in Iraq, im absolutly livid about this toilet decision. Im also in an apartment in BKK and do a rotation on and off that will mean that i should get into Thailand on the 29th Sep, but after this leave period im stuffed. Ive got loads of entry visa in my passport, and even when im back, (which i consider my home now) i sometimnes jet off to nearby countries, which will make it even worse for us now!!!

The only thing i can think of, is trying to get a visa in Dubai on the way through, which im looking into now for future trips home. would mean the pain of hanging around though.... all in all its worse for us i think than anyone (us being expat overseas workers). i already said in a previous post that im already thinking of moving to try a newcountry, but this is just anger showing through. although im wondering if it gets to hard and there is no easy solution for the likes of us, it may have to happen.

(just confirm someone, that even though ive lots of visa stamps in my passport, as long as i enter thailand next toime before oct 1st i wil not be subject to the new law yet and will be able to stay for the 30 days??)

On the main page of the forum it's mentioned that Thailand has an embassy/consulate in Iraq, Saudi, Oman, UAE. Might be worth checking if the Iraq one is open although I guess the forum page is out of date.

First let me apologise in advance incase this has already been suggested as I haven't had a chance to read through all the pages in this thread.

Just a thought How easy is it to get a second passport from a different country ? I know at one time certain countries allowed you to hold a passport from them for a certain fee (probably very expensive) but members with both Irish and English parents, or Australian and English etc might be entitled to hold passports from both countries. Use one for three consequitive visits then the other for the next three visits then start again with the first one.

Dugdale

hi guys..

amarka :D

Some people need these visas because they are retired, under 50 and don't trust investing money in the country which seems to make since taking all of this into account. They need a retired visa for the young people. You don't have to be old to retire.

correct, and there are a lot of idiots who can't grasp this concept that there are 48 year old retirees out there with no options

No options? OH, THE DRAMA! I reckon scrounging up a tourist visa once every 180 days or so must be beyond your capabilities.

Poor Moonchaser :o

On the main page of the forum it's mentioned that Thailand has an embassy/consulate in Iraq, Saudi, Oman, UAE. Might be worth checking if the Iraq one is open although I guess the forum page is out of date.

It's definately out of date on the Iraq issue, as a security company occupy those buildings in Mansour now and have for quite sometime. :o

I go through Dubai on my ins and outs, so will have to do it there it seems. Now I just have to figure all this documentation out...

First let me apologise in advance incase this has already been suggested as I haven't had a chance to read through all the pages in this thread.

Just a thought How easy is it to get a second passport from a different country ? I know at one time certain countries allowed you to hold a passport from them for a certain fee (probably very expensive) but members with both Irish and English parents, or Australian and English etc might be entitled to hold passports from both countries. Use one for three consequitive visits then the other for the next three visits then start again with the first one.

Dugdale

Depends how the passport info is logged down in the immigration computer. If they go by name and date of birth alarm bells probably start ringing.

wow, that was what i was waiting to find out about... seems they've really ######ed up in how they try to do this.

i'm pretty sure that i'm the "real" tourist that thailand actually wants (for a few days, until they empty my wallet), but when i look over my passport, there are 3 trips in the past 3 years where they would've denied me entry. yeah, i could get a visa before heading over, but i won't. i like easy.

i've been meaning to check out some other countries (PI, malaysia, vietnam) in the area, and now i will... in fact, i have an upcoming 10-day LOS trip that'll put the 3rd entry stamp in 6 months in my passport (2 weeks in april, 10 days in may, and 10 days in september... for a whopping 34 days in a 180-day stretch)... so it looks like i'll be taking my 90-day break soon.

I appreciate Sunbelt trying his best to help out and I know he means well. However, I believe that even he doesn't know what's going on up to the minute with these changes (i.e. he said no grandfathering of investment visa then said yes grandfathering). Who knows how this will play out in coming weeks. I know 1 thing sure, it dont look promising

It's definately out of date on the Iraq issue, as a security company occupy those buildings in Mansour now and have for quite sometime. :o

I go through Dubai on my ins and outs, so will have to do it there it seems. Now I just have to figure all this documentation out...

Best bet is probably a multi entry non immigrant visa. The way i understand it it's valid for a year and you have to leave the country within 90 days after which you're entitled to another 90 day stay upon re-entry etc..

Dugdale

Depends how the passport info is logged down in the immigration computer. If they go by name and date of birth alarm bells probably start ringing.

Probably, but my guess (yes a guess) is that they would use passport number, much easier to enter. Of course then alarm bells won't be ringing.

Best bet is probably a multi entry non immigrant visa. The way i understand it it's valid for a year and you have to leave the country within 90 days after which you're entitled to another 90 day stay upon re-entry etc..

Yes, multiple entry visa is the way to go for frequent travellers to Thailand.

neilmc: You can return for a holiday in April. Just get a tourist visa in the UK -- others have said the consulate in Hull is very accomodating and efficient. Folks with visas will have no problem entering Thailand.

I suspect a Hull clampdown as well as other lax embassies worldwide as they are well known to Immi as being Lax. This stuff is going to affect people wide and far. Never feel you are in the clear

A few people have mentioned that we need to just do things the legal way. I ve no problem with that.

SO what are the legal ways to get a visa/residency for a 26 year old who maybe wants to have a business in Thailand?

What are the legal ways now?

All I need to make money is an internet connection and laptop so techically speaking I can leave to other Asian countries for 90 days at at time, but thats not ideal.

Any suggestions? Cheers

Register a Thai company, and issue yourself a work permit, and class B visa.

You only need to register the company for 2 million baht capital, and you only have to pay in 500,000 baht of that amount. Total fees for registering a company like this, 19,000 baht.

Dugdale

Probably, but my guess (yes a guess) is that they would use passport number, much easier to enter. Of course then alarm bells won't be ringing.

i don't know how advanced there computers are. By entering the passport number the first time I would think they will enter name, dob etc. I don't know if the computer would automatically search for any matching name and/or dob upon 2nd entry. Technically it's possible but to apply it is another matter.

Good to see it's clear now. Clearly another measure introduced withouth properly thinking this trough.

Two observations:

This is the end of Thailand as a travel hub for southeast Asia.

Airlines are going to get mental over this, how are they suppose to check is someone is illegible for entry into Thailand. Obviously they cannot rely just on the Passport and the stamps inside, (People could be on a brand new Passport) Somehow I doubt they will get into the thai immigration online system to check.

Remember as far as I know, the airlines are responsible if someone is refused entry due to visa regualations. With the current system it is simple for the airlines, and they might only refuse people who do not comply with the onward ticket requirement for visa exemption.

So if enough people are going to refused at the airport, with all the hassles associated, before you know it, all airlines are going to require Tourist visas for all passengers, regardless if they are on the 41 country list.

This in potention could have a great impact on tourism.

yeap, you're 100% correct.

no more short stopovers for me in BKK on my way to other asian countries. i can't (at least, not easily).

and this is so impossible for airlines to regulate that if they decide they want to try, they'll just require you to have a real visa and ignore the possibility that you could get a 30-day entry on arrival.

either that, or they'll just require that you purchase your return ticket, so that if you are denied entry, they simply re-schedule your return ticket, and you've paid them to fly you to the BKK immigration line and back home. this way they lose nothing if you're denied entry.

I feel sorry for all the people here who are getting effected and their lives and plans are going down the drain.

The writing is on the wall. We are not wanted here. I think most people can see where this is going.

- Constant worsening of our situation.

- We can not make any long term plans here.

- If I owned a condo in this country I would put it on the market today and try to sell it in a rush.

- Regulations can change retroactively at any minute without any warning. I think that no kind of visa is "safe". Not even the PR. Can not plan and can not count on anything. I would not plan my future and my retirement here, to be at the mercy of people who don't want me, just to be kicked out when old and sick.

Although most of us are law obeying and contribute to this country by putting money into the local economy when spending. Each one of us is spending in the neighborhood of B1,000,000 per year in this country. This money is going into the pockets of local business owners and circulates in the Thai economy. But our contribution is NOT APPRICIATED.

Everything runs in cycles. The moon, ocean and even government decisions on being liberal or conservative.

this comment soothes me not because of Thailand, but because i'm an american living in the USA. any predictions on whether the moon will bring us something better in 2008?

Someone today was crying at Immigration that he has a DVD player, cat, dog and 4 months left on his apartment lease. What should he do? Immigration said “Get a visa or leave” I’m sure no deposits will be released in most cases by the Landlord.

lol, it's really tough for me to have sympathy for that guy...

i feel more for the guys with thai wives and kids, who've lived in thailand for a while doing visa runs because they didn't have enough money to qualify for the spousal visa.

he's worried about his DVD player and 4 months of rent?

and for once, i'm on the landlord's side. i wouldn't give deposits or refunds for these cases either. i'd be thinking, "real soon, once all these foreigners are kicked out, my industry is going to tank and the amount my units can bring me will plummet. i need to save up. it's not my fault these guys ..."

Oh it is great to be 50+ year old male with a retirement visa living correctly in the LOS.

Where as before many on here looked down on us so called oldies and said we losers and only here for the young girls because we couldn't get a lady over seas. How the world changers.

Most not all of us, are nothing like that, we respect the laws of this country, times are a changing for you so called young men. Do it the right way and all will be well. If not move on to where the rules are more laxed.

I understand there will be some problems for some, but in your heart of hearts, you knew you were bending the rules as you stepped on the buses that took you over the borders.

I wish you all luck in getting over your problems :o

Well what have you done in your life, except getting old?

Tell me from your heart of hearts, what sounds better when you are 78 sitting together with other old guys/girls telling stories from your life?

1. Hey when I was young I took chances, lived my life, saw the world, went to Thailand and fell in love with a country.

or

2. I moved from my country so i could get old with other old people and live by the book, the law and I did everything right.

Do it the right way and all will be well. If not move on to where the rules are more laxed.

Ehh...that is what they did before...

When they stepped on those busses they where NOT bending the law, read the posting the law is coming to effect as of 1 October.

Edited by Oishi