Pattaya Redevelopment

jamie2009

I been speaking to a few Expats who tell me that they are going to redevelop Beach Road to make it more 'Tourist Friendly for Families' the bars are all to be moved to a new development in Soi Bulkhao ?

The first thing they need to do is get rid of the rats on the Beach before they do anything, I was there last night just after six, sat for ten minutes, there dozens of them scurrying about on the beach, shocking, they must urinate on the beach, Weil's disease and all that springs to mind, no way would I sit on the sand.

after my return from Pattaya I gotta say I agree with the rat problem on the beach, but aside from this is the other rodents I see passed out with bottles of lao khao surrounding them and whatever else they've been on... I did notice these people passed out were foreign to Thailand and not locals...

Much development has carried on over the years as has been noted and I used to walk the beach nightly on my return to Yensabai condo from my bar near soi 6, the jetty they had before was a nice touch and it was a pleasent stroll....

I walked several times this trip on beach road, it really lets the place down....

Weil's diease! You have been living in the West too long- All fear- don't eat the chicken, totally don't eat cheese if you are pregnant ( probably unlikely), absolutely no more than a glass of wine a week, saturated fats ( now OK) , no MSG, formalin in the beer and food- too many pesticides.

And of course - organic- which actually really refers to carbon based chemistry.

The chances of you picking up some rat based disease on the beach is probably less than being hit by an asteroid

Relax !

Of course if every bar beer was totally obliterated by a low yield atom bomb ( with a few days warning) - the place might be a bit more ' family' friendly

After you've been here for some time, you become quick to separate talk from action. Kinda like the monorail. Been talked about for years. Quite seriously. But doubt it will every happen.

A lot of bars are relocating to Buakow. Rent is much cheaper.

Good news, sitting near Soi Buakhao currently biggrin.png

Not too unlikely that the whole bar scene (Soi 6, 7, 8 etc.) will be pushed away from the family friendly beach resort (the Riviera of the east) cheesy.gif to the Soi Buakhao/3rd road backyard.

Much more money to make with new high rise hotels for the Chinese quality tourists.

I been speaking to a few Expats who tell me that they are going to redevelop Beach Road

to make it more 'Tourist Friendly for Families' the bars are all to be moved to a new development in Soi Bulkhao ?

Any article or link about that ? or just one more rumour ?

Good news, sitting near Soi Buakhao currently biggrin.png

Not too unlikely that the whole bar scene (Soi 6, 7, 8 etc.) will be pushed away from the family friendly beach resort (the Riviera of the east) cheesy.gif to the Soi Buakhao/3rd road backyard.

Much more money to make with new high rise hotels for the Chinese quality tourists.

Will all the Chinese tourists mostly on tours really be able to support all the new development ? Like all the hotels and another mall going up between Soi 5 and Soi 6 ?

I been speaking to a few Expats who tell me that they are going to redevelop Beach Road to make it more 'Tourist Friendly for Families' the bars are all to be moved to a new development in Soi Bulkhao ?

The first thing they need to do is get rid of the rats on the Beach before they do anything, I was there last night just after six, sat for ten minutes, there dozens of them scurrying about on the beach, shocking, they must urinate on the beach, Weil's disease and all that springs to mind, no way would I sit on the sand.

. There is that Big Lot behind Bangkok Bank, that's just sitting there on Soi Bukhao

Archived