Evaluate the Best Shot Competition May 2015

Kan Win

So Folks what did you think about it.

Me, great :w00t: with new members coming on board and old members looking at this forum and posting photos.

Win thumbsup.gif

P.S. I had to post this here Folks, as we still do not have had the requested Sub Forum "Talk, Chat, or whatever it may be named " to post this. coffee1.gif

I'm with you Kan. Good to see such an active interest and such a wide range of wonderful images! I didn't realize we had so many talented folks following this thread. I'm happy that the contests are limited to two shots per person since that means there are many more great photos waiting to be included in following months.

Let's keep the images coming!

I was actually blown away by the quality of the photos and the quantity of members entering their images in the first competition....and by the

looks of it,the second competition is going to be even better!!! thumbsup.gif

I have arranged that a notice will be placed in the weekly newsletter about our competition,also got in contact with the guys on ThaiVisa.com Facebook,they

kindly made a post on their page,informing folks of our competition.Hopefully this will attract even more toggers to our forum.Excuses for the photo that was

used to promote our comp on Facebook being mine,think they just grabbed the first one on the thread.Will ask them to add some more images ASAP.

Facebook link

biggrin.png

^ Anglophone Thai related photo forum... Thaidphoto.com would be hard to beat.

This is an example of what outstanding works you could admire there.

NOT! my photo:

post-95325-14333818176846_thumb.jpg

I know, it's not allowed to post links to other forums but this could be a good source for people living in Thailand, who want to buy all kind of (second hand) equipment in the country.

Eh Win,60 likes used to go a long way....find myself running out of them at times also facepalm.gif

As much as I appreciate all the kind comments you have all made on this topic,there is someone that you have all forgotten!

Good ole' Tywais has been the backbone of this forum for many a year,and so.........

Cheers Tywais !!!!

Wait a bit, so you do not or do you have 60 like buttons per 24 hrs?

As for

Good ole' Tywais has been the backbone of this forum for many a year,and so.........

Cheers Tywais !!!!

and so say all of us

Cheers Tywais !!!!

Looks like I have been left out of this then, a backbone of this forum for many a year. clap2.gif Well done shaggy1969 thumbsup.gif

Win blink.png

We have to move on.... Shaggy's Competition and Gallery combination is fantastic!

One man can do the job. Who will step-up?

yes only one is worthy but sadly he got banned banned himself whistling.gif (i'm biased,he my relation)

2nd vote goes to samuijimmy.thumbsup.gif 3rd goes to sunshine.thumbsup.gif

Shaggy,

Moderator or not you are a very good photographer and a very nice person.

Being new on the forum, I'm looking up to you and many others and hope one day I can reach your standards.

I understand it's our personal decision and I would like to wish you all the Best in life.

One last thing I want to say is that your picture, Dust, is the one that inspired me and made me take photography as a new hobby.

Yes, it's very sad to see yet another Mod go...so soon again sad.png I hope we still see contributions from Shaggy.... both here or in the Farm Photos....

I am not sure how many people know how much work is involved in doing the job..... It's extremely time consuming.... I used to moderate a Garden forum in Canada, so have some idea of what's involved...facepalm.gif

With Shaggy's Best Shot competition and to just move the "winning images" would be hours of work for him or anyone to do.... I don't think any of us expected it to be so popular, but it has brought in some new contributors with some very good images! thumbsup.gif

Perhaps the number of likes should be increased for the "winning shots" ? Of course assuming someone want to take it on the task.... Perhaps a case of a two Mods taking it on? or perhaps a "part time mod", to do things like the best shot thing ?... but I am not sure how practical that would be, or even if it is possible? .... Or just thinking out loud, perhaps it could be a weekly thing, then not so much to do in one go at the end of the month????

Just a few of my thoughts, let's see what everyone else thinks & what the higher ups, have to say!wink.png

Oh well , looks as though we broke another one guys .....facepalm.gif and it was just warming up !

Nah mate,takes a lot more than that to break me,just got a little bent out of proportion!!

But I can understand now why folks don't last very long as Mods on this forum.

Speaking of which, a couple of names were mentioned a few posts back SamuiJimmy and sunshine.both in my mind

would make good Mods,if either of you gents would like to swap places with me,just let me know.Up until then I will

continue as one of the Mods on this forum.

Also a little note for KanWin,you were not only a backbone for this forum,you were also it's founder.I neglected to

give you a mention earlier because I was referring to the topic at hand,that being the Best Shots competition.

I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say.......Cheers Kan Win !!!

Ok,back on topic........Evaluate the Best Shot Competition

I did underestimate how popular the competition would be,and maybe set the amount of likes too low (and who was it that said getting 10 votes would be difficult?)

No problem,just means more happy people getting their photos into the gallery,which of course means me putting in more time to transfer them.Think the last comp

in total took me just under 5 hours (split over 3 days).facepalm.gif

This is where it could getting interesting!!!

It seems that news of our competition has reached the folks at the top (don't know how that happened biggrin.png ),and they have kindly agreed to sponsor the competition

by the way of a prize/prizes for the winning shot/shots thumbsup.gif ,when I know more I will inform you.

This gave me the idea of setting up another topic 'Best of the Best Shots'(pinned, same as the gallery).The top/winning pics from every month would be added along

with a link back to that months competition.

Your thoughts please.

^ Seems a good idea to add the "Best of the Best" as a gallery. Maybe the top 5 of each month? This would produce a gallery of 60 images at the end of 12 months and IMHO more viewable.

Probably help Tywais in his annual calendar selection also.

Perhaps others have thoughts.

Clustering the "Gallery" should be avoided.

I would go as far as only one shot per month/member and only 15+ "like" as the entrance to it.

Then, at the end of the year, everything is open again for choose the best of the best, from the "Gallery".

As gratification, the 12 best could end up in Tywais calendar, January, the 12th, December, the winner.

Just thinking aloud...

Archived