My Dog Bites People

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I suspect the kids have been teasing the dog. But what to do? The dog is biting them, mind you it's really a nip in the butt (obviously the boy is running away) than a vicious attack by the dog, and the mother's aren't too pleased. We've paid for visits to the clinic to have the bites cleaned and treated. How can I really know if the kids are teasing the dog? And what can i do if that is the case?

Sounds like you have a typical vicious soi dog, Both my wife and I have both been bitten by such dogs where the owners say: very loyal dog, good with the kids, never done this before etc.. Dont blame the kids. It is your dog that is the problem. Giving it to relatives living in a village where even very young kids are out on the street is not solving the problem. It is passing the buck and totally irresponsible. My suggestion is to sell it for dog meat and get one more vicious dog off the streets

when i moved to a new house, have a farang as neighbor

now i expected some bullshit from thai neighbors, loud noise & stuff

& guess what

the biggest <deleted> on the block for noise, are not thais, but this scottisch guy, with his BOUGHT issan wife

Troll

This post is about soi dogs not soi Scotsmen and their wives

Shoot the dog before it bankrupts you. Transferring it to the country only transfers the problem somewhere else.

You have been lucky so far, no-one has sued you for injuries. That may not always be the case.

A good dog will not bite a human no matter what the human does. Dogs are pack animals and automatically see humans, even juvenile humans, as their leaders. That is true of most dogs.

A rogue dog which would bite a human except when trapped and panicked has to go down. Once it learns it can bite a human it could kill or badly maim any child. Don't send it to a village. The dog's way of expressing displeasure is to bite children and that won't change. Do you want to wait until it bites a child in the face and disfigures the child for life?

Put it down.

Wrong........that's the problem, the dog thinks he's the pack leader, when he shows any sign of aggression he must be put into a submissive position ie lying down, dogs are like children they know what they learn, the majority of the time it's the humans behaviour that has to change in order to change the dogs behaviour

Why is the dog getting out? Seems like the easiest solution would be to make sure he always stays inside the property. Put up a new fence or train the people in the house to get in and out without letting him escape.

I have a dog who hates children. Especially when they're making annoying screaming noises or running around like crazy. Still, he has never bitten anyone because I make sure he never gets out of my yard unless he's leashed.

v simple muzzle him. giving him away wont solve it it will always bite . muzzle him v v simple.

putting a muzzle on him does not change him from trying to bite ... it's the same as putting him in a cage so he can't sink his teeth into anyone. ?

send him up country to someone who can teach him not to bite ... don't just send him there so he can bite someone in a rural setting ... ?

I used to have a dog that would snip at people he did not like... Until the day he died, all I would have to say is "bite her" and he would take a chunk out of my ex-wife... I miss that dog...

If you're keen to train the dog. Keep it in locked up for now, then take it out on a leash and when it starts to growl or looks to want to attack, stop it... give him a treat and praise him and walk on. He will soon associate people and being nice with food.

But some other posters are correct, muzzle him for now as he can't go on attacking people. If you're willing to work with him, then do some research on training the dog ( plenty of Youtube videos...) if not let him go to a farm, but that isn't to say he won't attack someone there. Fingers crossed for you mate.

v simple muzzle him. giving him away wont solve it it will always bite . muzzle him v v simple.

putting a muzzle on him does not change him from trying to bite ... it's the same as putting him in a cage so he can't sink his teeth into anyone. ?

send him up country to someone who can teach him not to bite ... don't just send him there so he can bite someone in a rural setting ... ?

muzzling is far from locking him in a cage And to change a breeds temprement ,this is not a one of rogue dog , it is an issue ,,, its going to take work over a period of time. and the op not around enuf. muzzle him until and the dogs safe.

sending him to a thai in the country side,,, nah they live and let live, changing a dogs instinct reallyv cant see that happening.

ps arjen and jamie give good advice

sounds like arjen in particular knows the breed. i did the sane with my g.fs bang kauw and it accepted me but outside the garden under its own supervision,,, hmmm wouldnt take much for the breeds temprement to come out if there is no option but to let it out on the street b4 training it YOU MUST MUZZLE IT.

Which part of "it bites kids" don't you understand. Allowing this to happen makes you complicit in child abuse. The dog should be destroyed, and for allowing it, so should you.

You have a duty to ensure that it never bites another child again and sending away to do the same again is a morally void and dispicable act of cowardice

You having a bad day fella

I often have bad days when I recall carrying my 3 year old daughter to hospital because a neighbours dog had ripped her face open

My heart goes out to you - nothing more precious than our kids.

Utterly amazing these apologists for dogs that bite.

Grumbleweed is simply correct about child abuse, but sending the dog away could be a solution in the right situation and then again maybe not...

Maybe those passing kids have thrown rocks at the dog, and the dog remembers them....or something like that.

Dont get rid of the dog until you check for a couple of weeks to see if those kids are in the wrong...

Dogs DO remember things like that and will wait a long time to get even....

Bull shit , just kill it. Or face a lot of bills in the future, also perhaps revenge.

Why is the dog getting out?

He's getting out to bite kids, I thought that was clear.

The only thing that is clear is that you did not even bother to read OP or his follow ups.

OP is not in Thailand , and his wife does it as Thai do, let dogs do whatever they want.

Dog does not see wife as a pack leader and never will because she will never act like one.

Kids were playing and dog may have assumed other kid was hurting "dogs" kids.

Telling wife not to let the dog out would be useless as she will not listen or follow up.

Best solution is to muzzle for now until OP is back in the country

one thing that has come out of this is you cant ignore it . the only thing to ignore is from the retards that suggest killing the dog., not the way to go., imo.

Sometimes dangerous , out of control , viscous animals have to be euthanized except in Thailand where they are allowed to run wild until a sensible Thai person poisons the brutes .............................

one thing that has come out of this is you cant ignore it . the only thing to ignore is from the retards that suggest killing the dog., not the way to go., imo.

Sometimes dangerous , out of control , viscous animals have to be euthanized except in Thailand where they are allowed to run wild until a sensible Thai person poisons the brutes .............................
tbh, personally i've never come a x a dog that cant with a little time and patience t be handled. humans ,, yes dogs , no.

Archived