My Dog Bites People

Can't believe the 'dog lovers' on here caring more about the welfare of the dog over the disfigurement or even death of a child!!!!

Korean restaurant for the dog....

best u learn to read and take in whats actually happened before you make judgements.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the dog getting out?

He's getting out to bite kids, I thought that was clear.

The only thing that is clear is that you did not even bother to read OP or his follow ups.

OP is not in Thailand , and his wife does it as Thai do, let dogs do whatever they want.

Dog does not see wife as a pack leader and never will because she will never act like one.

Kids were playing and dog may have assumed other kid was hurting "dogs" kids.

Telling wife not to let the dog out would be useless as she will not listen or follow up.

Best solution is to muzzle for now until OP is back in the country

From the OP: "However, the male has bitten two neighbourhood boys on two occasions when he gets out of the gate when he come home."

I assume he meant to say: ...he gets out when we come home, that would indicate to me he was present.

Be that as it may, the dod (apparently) tears through the gate anytime someone opens it and is (apparently) attacking children.

The OP also refers the the bites as nips, then goes on to say two kids that were bitten had to be taken to the hospital.

But you're right, better to wait until the OP's kid gets his face torn off.

Why is the dog getting out?

He's getting out to bite kids, I thought that was clear.
The only thing that is clear is that you did not even bother to read OP or his follow ups.

OP is not in Thailand , and his wife does it as Thai do, let dogs do whatever they want.

Dog does not see wife as a pack leader and never will because she will never act like one.

Kids were playing and dog may have assumed other kid was hurting "dogs" kids.

Telling wife not to let the dog out would be useless as she will not listen or follow up.

Best solution is to muzzle for now until OP is back in the country

From the OP: "However, the male has bitten two neighbourhood boys on two occasions when he gets out of the gate when he come home."

I assume he meant to say: ...he gets out when we come home, that would indicate to me he was present.

Be that as it may, the dod (apparently) tears through the gate anytime someone opens it and is (apparently) attacking children.

The OP also refers the the bites as nips, then goes on to say two kids that were bitten had to be taken to the hospital.

But you're right, better to wait until the OP's kid gets his face torn off.

no he said muzzle it,

one thing that has come out of this is you cant ignore it . the only thing to ignore is from the retards that suggest killing the dog., not the way to go., imo.

Ah, I love the putdowns issued by people who can't even spell, punctuate or construct a sentence.

no he said muzzle it,

He also said the OP was out of the country, and that the Thai wife will let the dog do whatever it wants.

Hey, I have an idea, let’s have the OP's kids muzzle the dog.

A muzzle works in much the same way as a fence. It addresses the symptoms, not the problem.

I recommend the dog be neutered and if that does not work get rid of it.

no he said muzzle it,

He also said the OP was out of the country, and that the Thai wife will let the dog do whatever it wants.

Hey, I have an idea, lets have the OP's kids muzzle the dog.

A muzzle works in much the same way as a fence. It addresses the symptoms, not the problem.

Incredible!! Even after being told , you continue with stupidity.

Do you think dog stays with kids? And no one else in the house? doh!!!

Where and when did OP say dog runs out to bite kids? OP clearly states kids bitten on 2 occasions without stating the circumstance

Stop making up fantasy's in your head and read what is written, which may require to read past the first paragraph

no he said muzzle it,

Where and when did OP say dog runs out to bite kids? OP clearly states kids bitten on 2 occasions without stating the circumstance

Stop making up fantasy's in your head and read what is written, which may require to read past the first paragraph

Seriously?

The OP stated in the first post:

"I have two Bangkew dogs, beautiful, loyal, great with my three year old son, and protective of the property. However, the male has bitten two neighbourhood boys on two occasions when he gets out of the gate when he come home. I'm thinking this cannot continue –"

You later said the OP was out of the county and that the OP's wife could not be trusted to take care of the dog, and recommended the dog be muzzled.

With the OP out of the country and the wife being incompetent that leaves the kids to muzzle the dog, yes?

Of do you think the wife that is not capable of closing the gate is going to be able to muzzle the dog?

So you think neutering the dog is a bad idea?

Incidentally, when I said the dog was getting out to bite kids it was what I thought a humorous response to the question "Why is the dog getting out?"

I guess if I would have said because the OP's incompetent wife leaves the gate open we wouldn't be having this conversation.

sorry factor only being there 3times a yr.your not going to be able to change its ways.as soon as your gone its business as before,as the saying goes when the boss is away the cat will play.

when we had ours he was one yr.old,his owner had to go away so he was given to family to look after,well they never saw him again as they couldnt control him and he done a runner.my bil.who was freindly with the dogs original owner was asked if he could find him and find a good home if he was lucky.well he was and it cost him to get it back,but it was only short change as the dog cost 20,000bht.as a pup.

we did get his balls chopped and he changed into a quiet loving son,and yes i am the boss,useing different tones of voice and if he doesnt listern he gets a smack with a rolled up paper.

for you its a hard one to call,i see this 24/7 with the one that lives by me.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

1. I suggested to the wife that we send the dog to the deep countryside but she replied "dogs are animals, and they have feelings. If he goes somewhere far away and strange, he will get stressed and die." Ok, let's discount that option, for now.

2. I suggested we put him down. "No!"

So here's the plan:

A. we muzzle him when he is let out for his early morning roam and sniff (we live in semi rural area with lots of roaming territory). My wife says if we never let him out of our property (not huge) the dog will get even meaner. She has a point, but if we never let out him out of our property, he will never have the chance to bite passing kids; anyway, never mind, I did not pursue that argument.

B. but he should never, never, ever be allowed to slip out the gate when my wife drives up to the house, toots the horn for the young housekeeper to open the gate for her, which is when the dog escapes and is when the kids were bitten on both occasions. To prevent this from happening again, I told my wife to buy a big chain and chain choke collar and hook it permanently to the fence next to the gate, and when my wife comes home, the housekeeper chains the dog to the fence, opens the gate, lets my wife drive in, closes the gate, locks the gate, and unhooks the dog!

Sound good?

1. I suggested to the wife that we send the dog to the deep countryside but she replied "dogs are animals, and they have feelings. If he goes somewhere far away and strange, he will get stressed and die." Ok, let's discount that option, for now.

So here's the plan:

A. we muzzle him when he is let out for his early morning roam and sniff (we live in semi rural area with lots of roaming territory). My wife says if we never let him out of our property (not huge) the dog will get even meaner. She has a point, but if we never let out him out of our property, he will never have the chance to bite passing kids; anyway, never mind, I did not pursue that argument.

B. but he should never, never, ever be allowed to slip out the gate when my wife drives up to the house, toots the horn for the young housekeeper to open the gate for her, which is when the dog escapes and is when the kids were bitten on both occasions. To prevent this from happening again, I told my wife to buy a big chain and chain choke collar and hook it permanently to the fence next to the gate, and when my wife comes home, the housekeeper chains the dog to the fence, opens the gate, lets my wife drive in, closes the gate, locks the gate, and unhooks the dog!

Sound good?

1. Is not correct. I had to give my dog to relatives upcountry as after my wife died there was no one at home during the daytime. It was an unfair existence for the dog which had always had human or canine company. For the first couple of months he pined and lost weight but he has now adapted and settled in well. I call regularly to check on him. An aunt - not the dog - answers the phone.

But in your case the dog has a control issues. So no matter where he is, he will still bite. You would just be transferring the problem from your home to elsewhere. Not a really nice thing to do. FYI the dog is much more likely to get his comeuppance if he bites someone out in the sticks.

So here's the plan:

Sound good?

Or you could ask the wife's "brother" to take care of things in your absence

All this just to tell us your wife is a lazy oik and you have a young maid.

no he said muzzle it,

Seriously?

"I have two Bangkew dogs, beautiful, loyal, great with my three year old son, and protective of the property. However, the male has bitten two neighbourhood boys on two occasions when he gets out of the gate when he come home. I'm thinking this cannot continue –"

You later said the OP was out of the county and that the OP's wife could not be trusted to take care of the dog, and recommended the dog be muzzled.

With the OP out of the country and the wife being incompetent that leaves the kids to muzzle the dog, yes?

Of do you think the wife that is not capable of closing the gate is going to be able to muzzle the dog?

Incidentally, when I said the dog was getting out to bite kids it was what I thought a humorous response to the question "Why is the dog getting out?"

I guess if I would have said because the OP's incompetent wife leaves the gate open we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hey, easy on my missus. Ok pal?

So here's the plan:

Sound good?

Or you could ask the wife's "brother" to take care of things in your absence

All this just to tell us your wife is a lazy oik and you have a young maid.

Alright. I can see where this thread is going.

Thanks to everyone for all the good suggestions.

Bye

So here's the plan:

Sound good?

Why do you not want to neuter him, the money?

Or are you going to blame your wife for that too?

If it's biting, put to death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why? explain the logic.

!00% of dogs stop biting kids when they are dead

Logical enough for you, or do you need pretty pictures?

thank fuc no one takes your thoughts seriously.

Dogs split opinion whenever the topic is raised. There are the doting dog lovers and the rabid dog haters. I put myself in the latter camp. It is a fairly self-evident truth that there are too many dogs in Thailand. This population is responsible for: many road accidents; disease from rabies down; stress from incessant barking and in this case, children being bitten.

Any valid reason for reducing the number of these muck-making, noise-polluting, accident causing nuisances should be seized with both hands. The dog must die. It must not be shuttled off to some remote corner of Thailand where it can continue its dangerous behaviour and to spread its defective genes.

As a footnote, I taught anti-dog lessons during my 38 years as a UK English teacher. I compiled the following statistic: there were three broad ability levels in my school. Dog ownership ran as follows - Band 1 classes had 34% dog ownership; Band 2, 58% and Band 3, 88%. Over 30 odd years the figures remained constant. The lesson began with these figures and I asked what do they prove? The correct answer is of course, the more intelligent you are, the less likely you are to own a dog.

Discuss.

So here's the plan:

Sound good?

you got it factor,thats exactly what the owner done by us.the dog comes to the gate when he comes home,he clips the leed on and he will sit outside while the car is reversed in.he has not got loose again in over 3yrs.

factor and wife DONT FORGET TO REWARD HIM.

Dogs split opinion whenever the topic is raised. There are the doting dog lovers and the rabid dog haters. I put myself in the latter camp. It is a fairly self-evident truth that there are too many dogs in Thailand. This population is responsible for: many road accidents; disease from rabies down; stress from incessant barking and in this case, children being bitten.

Any valid reason for reducing the number of these muck-making, noise-polluting, accident causing nuisances should be seized with both hands. The dog must die. It must not be shuttled off to some remote corner of Thailand where it can continue its dangerous behaviour and to spread its defective genes.

As a footnote, I taught anti-dog lessons during my 38 years as a UK English teacher. I compiled the following statistic: there were three broad ability levels in my school. Dog ownership ran as follows - Band 1 classes had 34% dog ownership; Band 2, 58% and Band 3, 88%. Over 30 odd years the figures remained constant. The lesson began with these figures and I asked what do they prove? The correct answer is of course, the more intelligent you are, the less likely you are to own a dog.

Discuss.

Can't argue with either your desire for a dog cull (I would also add dog owners), nor with those very unambiguous figures that suggest dog ownership provides a very good indication of a person's IQ. However, you should realize that it is against forum rules to use intelligence and facts in an argument. Still, it would be interesting to hear the puppy brigade talk them down with their twisted logic.

Supporting evidence, if any were needed, that dog owners are lacking in certain areas comes from the fact that it took so long to come to the conclusion that the dog should be chained up when the gate is opened. Rocket scientists in the making?

P.S.

Get ready, the woodwork is about to be vacated

Discuss.

Abolutely stunningly ignorant and nonsensical post. I am very happy you never darkened the door of any school I attended. Your study is deeply flawed and biased.

yep cant argue that thailand.needs to look after its street dog issue. the only disagrement would be

how its done

.anti dog class's for 38 years. wow!!! thank heaven for the national carriculem !!! and he rates peoples intellegence by wether they like dogs or not !! brings to the table are you gonna get a sane let alone balanced discussion, so tbh, i'll give this one a miss.

Discuss.

I've owned both dogs and cats. It's very true that dogs have masters, cats have staff. I agree if a dog bites, it should be put down. Although it's a truism there aren't any bad dogs, just bad owners.

Having said that, it's fairly obvious while you may have taught English quite well, your understanding of topics such as genetics and statistics is somewhat flawed. Dogs can be trained to not bite. What was the size of your band samples? A correlation of dog ownership with childhood intelligence does not necessarily imply causation. Other factors such as socio-economic level of the parents could be involved. Heard of confounding variables? Do you think intelligence as measured by IQ correlates to later success in life?

As for teaching anti-dog lessons - I'm amazed any education system in the world would provide funding for such idiocy. Or are you just trolling?

yep cant argue that thailand.needs to look after its street dog issue. the only disagrement would be

how its done

.anti dog class's for 38 years. wow!!! thank heaven for the national carriculem !!! and he rates peoples intellegence by wether they like dogs or not !! brings to the table are you gonna get a sane let alone balanced discussion, so tbh, i'll give this one a miss.

His figures speak for themselves, only a dumb dog lover would fail to see the relationship.

Rather than assume you are dog owner, and offer you up as a case in point, I would have preferred to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume English is not your first language. However; you remove all doubt when you mention a balanced discussion, didn't you earlier call the majority of respondents, retards? Insulting those with differing opinions from yours merely suggests you are incapable of intelligent thought. Remind me, just how many dogs do you have?

Hey, easy on my missus. Ok pal?

Do not worry FACTOR, some people unable to read or have a tunnel vision, already pointed out to the slow ones your post where you said you were working offshore, yet being slow it does not sink in

Dogbreath - how is my study deeply flawed? I gave you accurate statistics of 30 odd years of collecting figures in one semi-rural school. I admit to be being biased and explained this to the students. The homework essay was entitled Dogs, A Man's Best Friend?'. Even the most reluctant writers enjoyed the topic. A number of parents also joined in.

rijit - The National Curriculum welcomes such teacher enthusiasms. If you get someone to help you understand my post, I did not rate students' intelligence by dog ownership, I merely counted up the hands raised and presented the totals to the class; they drew their own conclusions.

The students were then given the opportunity to balance the discussion in their essays.

Another interesting FACT which emerged over the years: our school regularly raised 3000 UKP on big charity days like Red Nose Day. This equated to 2 pounds a YEAR per pupil on average to feed black babies in Africa. Most dog owners were happy to accept their families spent over 10 UKP per WEEK on dog food, Vets bills & the like.

Which neatly brings us back to the OP - dogs that bite children should not live to do it again.

no he said muzzle it,

Seriously?

Seriously, , may be 3rd time lucky

Try reading post 53

Dogbreath - how is my study deeply flawed? I gave you accurate statistics of 30 odd years of collecting figures in one semi-rural school. I admit to be being biased and explained this to the students. The homework essay was entitled Dogs, A Man's Best Friend?'. Even the most reluctant writers enjoyed the topic. A number of parents also joined in.

rijit - The National Curriculum welcomes such teacher enthusiasms. If you get someone to help you understand my post, I did not rate students' intelligence by dog ownership, I merely counted up the hands raised and presented the totals to the class; they drew their own conclusions.

The students were then given the opportunity to balance the discussion in their essays.

Another interesting FACT which emerged over the years: our school regularly raised 3000 UKP on big charity days like Red Nose Day. This equated to 2 pounds a YEAR per pupil on average to feed black babies in Africa. Most dog owners were happy to accept their families spent over 10 UKP per WEEK on dog food, Vets bills & the like.

Which neatly brings us back to the OP - dogs that bite children should not live to do it again.

When someone resorts to personal abuse in a discussion ( argument ad hominem ) it means they feel they are losing the argument. " Accurate statistics in one semi-rural school?" Yeah right. Impressionable children exercising rational judgment after you have influenced them? Spare me.

I have difficulty understanding a post which veers off onto charity days, which are good works in themselves. You seem to be suggesting pets should regularly be starved so the money saved can then be donated to charity. No doubt the pets would get a warm glow from their participation.

The relevance of feeding black babies in Africa to a discussion about dog bites man escapes me.

I get the feeling you were bitten by a dog as a child, and never got over it.

Archived