Must-know things about Vietnam Visa On Arrival

Visa on Arrival (VOA) is the best choice to obtain Vietnam Visa before your trip. Before applying for Vietnam Visa, you need to know which type of Visa is suitable to your plan.

Types of Visa:

There are 4 main types of Visa, which are divided based on the entry times and staying-time in Vietnam.

- Single entry 1 month Visa.

- Single entry 3 months Visa.

- Multiple entry 1 month Visa.

- Multiple entry 3 months Visa.

Booking process:

Without going to nearest Embassy, you can booking VOA service through online travel agents. There are 3 easy steps:

- Step 1: Fill-in your personal information such as: full-name, gender,…and choose the type of visa you need. Send them to a reliable company.

- Step 2: After payment, for normal process, you will get Visa Approval Letter after 3-5 working days.

- Step 3: Print out and prepare necessary document as the recommendation of travel consultant of travel agent for getting Visa stamped on arrival.Vietnam

Visa service fee:

In terms of service fee you need to pay for travel agent, it depends on which types of service you choose. For example, it takes $12 for 1 month single entry visa, $25 for 3 month single entry visa. Moreover, you need to pay additional service (around $10) if choosing urgent service to get Visa Approval Letter within 1 working day.

There are many reliable travel agents such as: myvietnamvisa, evisa, bestpricevietnam, etc. Specially, BestPrice Vietnam launches a promotion that offers FREE Vietnam Visa service ì you book Halong Bay cruise or Vietnam tours from them.

See more: http://www.bestpricevn.com/

Vietnam Visas are ridiculously expensive and the procedure is a pain in the a***, why would anyone be willing to pay even more for external "services".

This is truly a 3rd-world-totalitarian country, a lot worse than Myanmar and Laos and for that reason I never had a trip or Visa run to Vietnam since 10 years.

I suggest everyone give this country a miss

• 2 years later...
On 6/3/2015 at 12:21 PM, siam2007 said:

Vietnam Visas are ridiculously expensive and the procedure is a pain in the a***, why would anyone be willing to pay even more for external "services".

This is truly a 3rd-world-totalitarian country, a lot worse than Myanmar and Laos and for that reason I never had a trip or Visa run to Vietnam since 10 years.

I suggest everyone give this country a miss

Thank goodness  there's  more than one flavor of ice cream.

I highly suggest Vietnam be on the bucket list of anyone that wants to visit a charming and delightful country filled with friendly and helpful people.

I read a bit about Vietnam  prior to our visit and was prepared for a kind of Alice in Wonderland experience.   I was not surprised.

It started with the consulate I went to in Knon Kaen for the visa.

I got to the consulate when it opened and after  providing necessary paperwork  I innocently asked if the visa would be ready that day.     The man reacted as if I was requesting the  absolute impossible.     But true to what I read, in a few hours I got a call saying I could come back to the consulate to  get that elusive visa.

I've only been to the country twice for 11 days each time but I'll definitely be returning for an extended visit in the future.

As an American of Vietnam (American) War era age I was fully prepared for hostility and unfriendliness.     Nothing could have been further from the truth.

• Thanks 1