Chiang Mai cops hunting for man behind naked road sign photos

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His real crime is wearing white socks with sandals. Worse, he was 8 km from Chiang Mai and is operating as a tour guide without a license since he is obviously........pointing the way (in a flaccid fashion).

blink.png

the Thai man, whose identity is still unknown, has greatly damaged the reputation of Chiang Mai city with his widely-shared photos.

Yes, yes, the reputation damage...

Arsonists in the province damage the health of the people, the wildlife and hurt business for months every year. But damage to the 'reputation' is much more serious.

I remember when the reds terrorised CM years ago, attacking ATM machines with sledge hammers etc and the Police stood back and watched.

They did not seem too concerned about the damage being done to the city then. whistling.gif

I think that guy makes a good addition to this years "Discover Thainess" campaign, I don't mean this because of his actions, but because of the typical Thai hypocrisy behind... Yeah, what irreparable damage he did to innocent Chiang Mai - the city, the province and perhaps all of Thailand won't ever recover from this... What a shame!

But wait - I believe recalling that Thailand even recovered from its leader stating life on telly that young good looking foreign girls in bikinis who get raped and their heads bashed in with blunt objects on Thailand's beaches are at fault themselves, because they appear too sexy... Thus, perhaps Thailand might recover from this "road sign erection tragedy" after all.

The police should be more useful for society. I wish the Thai police would finally enact the Sound Pollution Crime Act, a draconian law that bans aggression of the eardrums of citizens.

I wish those people blasting noise at way too high decibels, along with the accompanying strong bass vibration would be finally identified as damaging the reputation of Chiang Mai city, as well as every other Thai city, with their widely-shared ear-splitting racket.
I wish police would study sound-polluting suspects, and officers would be dispatched to the locations producing the atrocious disturbances to look for any evidence that could lead to the arrest of the culprits and impounding of the din-causing equipment.

I think really a slap on the wrists is that is needed here.

Being charged under the computer crimes act sound harsh imo.

This guy is just a prankster with nothing better to do by the sounds of it.

mviPqd.png

Or a rapist in the making !!

Ah the clueless police. I'd have never heard of this outrage if it wasn't for the cops. IF they had some sense and actually did want to find the man, why do this announcement? Maybe they could charge themselves with computer crime, for spreading this story? Arrest everyone!

CM's 'reputation' has been damaged.. <deleted>. Police corruption and mysterious deaths in hotels which were covered up have seen to that a long time ago, not forgetting the poor girl murdered over a decade ago which the corrupt keystone cops have yet to solve. The fact a man hung like a parrot taking pictures beside road signs incurs the full wrath of the BIB while the above mentioned doesn't sums them up in a nutshell.

Do they have an award every year to honour the public official who can make the biggest of himself in the news? There's been quite a few contenders this year already.

has greatly damaged the reputation of Chiang Mai city

can a guy like this damage any image worstly than his own ? come on man there is more serious things to treat in thailand than a naked person doing stupid things.

coffee1.gif

So the police are" hunting" for this guy, while real criminals,

are told can you please report to the police station next week.

regards worgeordie

Yes police priorities are amazing. This one must be at level 999 out of a 1000. There are 998 other more serious crimes to investigate hypothetically. I am sure he is not packing heat as I could not see a gun unless it was in the back somewhere. Hope the BIB get a little overtime in dealing with this serious problem. He deserves to get his bottom slapped.

"The officer described the suspect as a "teenager," though in Thailand the term is also loosely used to describe individuals up to age 25."

Correction; Thais are giddy teenagers until around the age of 30, then they just get old and tired, adulthood never enters the equation.

Good to see that the Chiang Mai Police are busy with this very serious crime as opposed to chasing other petty criminals such as robbers, murderers, drug dealers and the like...

As a side note it was recently reported that a certain Thai organ used for procreation is the smallest in the world just after Indians....

Please do not slander Indians. They have suffered enough by having their lands stolen. Oh you mean India Indians.

I think really a slap on the wrists is that is needed here.

Being charged under the computer crimes act sound harsh imo.

This guy is just a prankster with nothing better to do by the sounds of it.

mviPqd.png

He's not naked, he's wearing sandals! cheesy.gif

Archived